Shami's impact in Indian condition is phenomenal

5 minutes ago, Rightarmfast said:

I hope people have not forgotten that about 2-3 yrs ago I had said Shami was the top bowler in the world. And proven too. I still maintain he is in the top 4. Starc has the extra pace and Bumrah is a league above. I rate him at the same level of Cummins and Rabada. 

But he wasn't at that time and I was critical of his fitness and lethargic attitude and now proved vindicated as how his bowling improved in a span of year and a half since he started taking his fitness seriously.

Shami has been a wonderful test match bowler right from mid 2016.

Whether in India or away from home.

In this period we have seen him use high speeds, bounce, skid off the pitch, accuracy, swing, seam movement, reverse swing, bouncers, yorkers.   

We have seen him set up batsmen regularly.

He has become s complete test match bowler.

Edited by express bowling

Shami not only bowls at a high speed, he has other strenghts too. He bowls a heavy ball and a deceptive bouncer that skids. I can think of Malcolm Marshall and Andy Roberts doing the same. That dismissal of Mithun was classic. He was shaping to play the pull but it got quicker onto him. He is also a smart bowler and sets up batsmen which indicates he knows which batsmen have which weaknesses like Bumrah. He is also good with the old ball. We may face some situations where the opponent is playing at their home and the 50 over kookabura ball may be good for batting. This is where Shami is better than others in the team. He can reverse the old ball and keep the intensity up. He also bowls fuller and straighter making the batsmen play rather than leave. He rarely wastes balls. Bumrah and Shami should be the first ones that Kohli needs to pencil in. Sharma or Yadav next. We also have a few younguns coming up. Exciting times to be an Indian fan especially in tests home and away.

I think he is on par with Bumrah if not better currently,maybe he's on his peak of powers

Great asset to this team,we need his backup too,to reduce his workload and maintain our high standards in fast bowling by grooming other bowlers,we need him thats it,for a long long time,if India has to create a strong fast bowling legacy,we need kids to turn up to "bowling fast" with both mind and heart and this guy is doing a fine job in influencing the whole generation

And need our fans to value our bowlers too,its not a land of batsmen only,anymore,we do produce class bowlers now as well, plz applaud their performances too

on the back of their performances we are sitting at no.1 position and with each passing day we have consolidated our hold