Looking forward to India vs NZ

G_B_

9 hours ago, Suhaan said:

Drop Umesh and bring Saini/Siraj

But they won't,as he has performed in home conditions

Even after a decade of experience they haven't figured it out yet that Umesh is terrible with Kookaburra and Dukes so please have some care and drop him

At this point it will be stupid to do that. I mean they didn’t play these guys against Wi and Bangla, what makes you think this phattu team management will do that in an important overseas series :facepalm:

12 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

What about bhuvi ???

he shud be handy in NZ atleast in 1st innings

Bhuvi will be definitely back in the squad for tests against NZ. He has already proved his fitness & got selected for WI T20s, ODIs.
If Bhuvi gets to play the 1st test, it will be the first time in over 2 years he gets to play test format.

Edited by Turning_track
7 hours ago, Cricwala said:

1. Our two tests are in Basin Reserve, Wellington & Hagley Oval Christchurch.

2. Match results for last 5-6 seasons at both grounds shows high probability of result & very little low scores (<150 types) atleast for major test playing nations.

3. Pitches will have something for bowlers on day 1 but don't think they will be green mambas at any time.

4. Matches should last 5 days, and there will be long periods in 2nd & 3rd innings when batters will enjoy, so i think a 5th part-time bowler who can bowl 10-15 overs a day at < 3 rpo will be useful. 

5. Gritty middle/lower order batting will be crucial as those players will bat at a time when conditions for batting are best. So having proven batters till 8 will be a plus.

My recommended team - Mayank, Shaw, Pujara, Kohli, Rahane, Vihari, Pant, Ash (has looked more penetrative than Jaddu off late and hoping he relaxes with less expectations from him due to our potent pace battery. Let Kuldeep just play Ranji this season, work on his flipper & googly, and also improve his batting), Ishant, Shami, Bumrah.

Those 4 words - for someone my age and having followed Indian cricket since the late '70s - those 4 words are so indescribably beautiful.  Never forget - there was a time in Indian cricket when non-spinners opened the bowling and bowled just enough to scuff the ball so the spinners could grip it.  From there to here has taken 4 decades, and it means more to oldies like me than most noob fans will ever understand.

End of jazbaa.

18 hours ago, maniac said:

Super V’s team is bashing some really Lallu-Panju teams. Credit where due they can only smack whats in front of them.

And yes we have the best fast bowling line up in our history. That is a no-brainer

You are wrong, Indian teams starring Sachin and co made even team like Zimbabwe into a super teams. WI team smashed England team early this year but we know what happened when the same WI team played India.

The standard of Indian team has raised singnificantly. The same Bangladesh or SA teams face Indian teams of 2000s and Dhoni's teams they will look very competent.

Batting of Kohli's teams is still very weak .

Edited by putrevus
2 minutes ago, putrevus said:

You are wrong, Indian teams starring Sachin and co made even team like Zimbabwe into a super teams. WI team smashed England team early this year but we know what happened when the same WI team played India.

The standard of Indian team has raised singnificantly. The same Bangladesh or SA teams face Indian teams of 2000s and Dhoni's teams they will look very competent.

Batting of Kohli's teams is still very weak .

You disagreed with me to make the same point I have been making :confused:

As I said the 2000s batting line up is way ahead of the current one

1 minute ago, maniac said:

You disagreed with me to make the same point I have been making :confused:

As I said the 2000s batting line up is way ahead of the current one

No, I never said  2000s batting line up was better, they had more talent but they never performed and were very timid.2000s teams are the most overrated batting group. 

This group lacks their talent and are performing over their talent level. They need better talent to become world class in all conditions.

17 minutes ago, putrevus said:

No, I never said  2000s batting line up was better, they had more talent but they never performed and were very timid.2000s teams are the most overrated batting group. 

This group lacks their talent and are performing over their talent level. They need better talent to become world class in all conditions.

Its all about mind-set....

Ganguly has changed that and now we are seeing much more confident players

21 minutes ago, gakgupta said:

Its all about mind-set....

Ganguly has changed that and now we are seeing much more confident players

I don't agree with that at all.India was winning overseas series since 1971, they won in England in 1986 under Kapil and should have won in Australia if not for rain.They comepeted far better with far less talent in most conditions.

What happened in  late 80s and 1990s was teams were filled with mental midgets like Manjrekar ( he had one good series against Pakistan) who looked so out of sorts once they stepped out of Indian shores.They became so inept that they even lost to Zimbawae with so called fab4 in team.

Ganguly did ghanta to change it. What ever he did was like an improvement on pathetic 1990s so he is somehow hailed as some sort of saviour.

Fab5 with Kumble were very fragile mentally and could to lose any team.They should have acheived lot more with their talent.This team under Kohli is no where near in talent level as 2000s teams batting wise.

Edited by putrevus
21 hours ago, Nikhil_cric said:

This should be a fantastic series. But we need to play warmups. Thus Sant be emphasised enough 

Ideally yes, but most likely they won't. I think hiring a local coach for the tour would be a good idea. Typically, our batsmen and bowlers adjust their shot selection and bowling length AFTER 1-2 innings by which time they would have already performed poorly. There's no point in surrendering a lead upfront and starting on the backfoot. A local coach/consultant can help out with this and hopefully have our team play the ideal game for local conditions right from the outset. It doesn't have to be any fancy name, some low profile cricketer like Scott Styris, Jake Oram, Chris Harris or a carefully selected local NZ coach should be enough.

14 minutes ago, nevada said:

Ideally yes, but most likely they won't. I think hiring a local coach for the tour would be a good idea. Typically, our batsmen and bowlers adjust their shot selection and bowling length AFTER 1-2 innings by which time they would have already performed poorly. There's no point in surrendering a lead upfront and starting on the backfoot. A local coach/consultant can help out with this and hopefully have our team play the ideal game for local conditions right from the outset. It doesn't have to be any fancy name, some low profile cricketer like Scott Styris, Jake Oram, Chris Harris or a carefully selected local NZ coach should be enough.

Simon Doull is probably the first one who will go to the border to fight for India in a war  the way he sucks up to us. Throw him a bone. Hire him!!!

44 minutes ago, nevada said:

Spot on by the time they adjust series is already gone.

Flat or flattish tracks ----  (  Need more bowlers and less batsmen )

1. Mayank

2. Rohit

3. Pujara

4. Kohli

5. Rahane

6. Jadeja

7. Pant

8. Ishant

9. Umesh ( Saini )  / Kuldeep 

10. Shami

11. Bumrah

Green-tops or seamer-friendly conditions ----   (  Need more batsmen )

1. Mayank

2. Rohit / Gill

3. Pujara

4. Kohli

5. Rahane

6. Vihari

7. Pant

8. Kuldeep / Jadeja

9. Ishant

10. Shami

11. Bumrah

----  Would prefer Gill to partner Mayank in SENA,  but won't happen in practice.

----  Saini would be my 5th pacer and would replace Umesh if he looks lacklustre in the first test.

---- On flattish tracks, Kuldeep would replace Umesh if the pitch is expected to spin from day 3 or 4 onwards.

11 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Flat or flattish tracks ----  (  Need more bowlers and less batsmen )

1. Mayank

2. Rohit

3. Pujara

4. Kohli

5. Rahane

6. Jadeja

7. Pant

8. Ishant

9. Umesh ( Saini )  / Kuldeep 

10. Shami

11. Bumrah

Green-tops or seamer-friendly conditions ----   (  Need more batsmen )

1. Mayank

2. Rohit / Gill

3. Pujara

4. Kohli

5. Rahane

6. Vihari

7. Pant

8. Kuldeep / Jadeja

9. Ishant

10. Shami

11. Bumrah

----  Would prefer Gill to partner Mayank in SENA,  but won't happen in practice.

----  Saini would be my 5th pacer and would replace Umesh if he looks lacklustre in the first test.

---- On flattish tracks, Kuldeep would replace Umesh if the pitch is expected to spin from day 3 or 4 onwards.

For first test they have to play six batsmen.Indian batsmen made North sound a green top.They needed Vihari in both innings there.Boult will be handful to all our batsmen including Kohli.