INDIA A tour of New Zealand

shortbread

5 hours ago, putrevus said:

I never understood the hype of Siraj.I just don't think he has enough weapons to beat international batsmen consistently nor does he have express pace.

Are you talking about the same bowler who has taken 70+ wickets in 8-9 A team unofficial test matches in the last 2 years?

But then you are a blind cheerleader of Kohli and have always run down young players whom Kohli ignores.

52 minutes ago, nsareen said:

i just don’t like the way Siraj carries himself & his overall progression.. very casual looking, seems to be not improving..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What motivation does he have after getting no chances despite being the best A team pacer in series after series in last 2-3 years.

Look at his bowling stats - FC avg of 21, List A avg of 23 and T20 avg of 22. Those number have only improved in the last 18 months

What motivation does he have after getting no chances despite being the best A team pacer in series after series in last 2-3 years.

Look at his bowling stats - FC avg of 21, List A avg of 23 and T20 avg of 22. Those number have only improved in the last 18 months
He should take a leaf out of saini and continue to work hard...

Test cap is just around the corner for this kid...

He just needs to hang on...

Getting into A side itself means , you are under the selectors radar...

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

7 hours ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

Are you talking about the same bowler who has taken 70+ wickets in 8-9 A team unofficial test matches in the last 2 years?

But then you are a blind cheerleader of Kohli and have always run down young players whom Kohli ignores.

Wow you are a genius .How did you know Siraj was my number 1 enemy so I have to run him down and make him look bad.

1 minute ago, sarchasm said:

Don't think he was injured for the ongoing game.

ur talking about game or season

26 minutes ago, sarchasm said:

Rahul Chahar has hardly played any FC games this season. What a way to stunt the growth of a talent who could be a permanent feature in our test XI going forward.

also no he cant be in test i saw him bowl last season in ranji he was bowling a lot of loose balls in every over and this season he hasnt played a lot FC due to injury so he has time

3 minutes ago, sarchasm said:

Why can I not talk about both the game and the season? Understand the wide sense in which I wrote that post. Chahar is the type of bowler who would get to bowl as a strike option in non subcontinental conditions, unlike Nadeem. He should be playing ahead of random SLAs.

Very very important point ... and also a point which the TMs and selectors from India have kept on ignoring / missing for ages.

As we were discussing earlier, the correct types of players are not always recognised.

Lastly, Chahar is a little profligate like leg spinners usually are, but he's also the bowler with best strike rate among ALL spinners in FC cricket.

Good to know that.  My interest in his bowling increases further  !

9 minutes ago, sarchasm said:

Why can I not talk about both the game and the season? Understand the wide sense in which I wrote that post. Chahar is the type of bowler who would get to bowl as a strike option in non subcontinental conditions, unlike Nadeem. He should be playing ahead of random SLAs.

agreed i rate chahar higher then any upcoming spinner 

9 minutes ago, sarchasm said:

Lastly, Chahar is a little profligate like leg spinners usually are, but he's also the bowler with best strike rate among ALL spinners in FC cricket.

yes but to be on test level he need more work ....i have been following his progress very closely from day-1 and my opinion comes from that. I have always maintained he shud be no.1 spinner for A team but for international test i dont consider him ready as of now 

51 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

also no he cant be in test i saw him bowl last season in ranji he was bowling a lot of loose balls in every over and this season he hasnt played a lot FC due to injury so he has time

These A-team games are for " player development for senior international cricket " only. 

If R.Chahar is considered as a prospect ( and he should be )  then he should be playing A-team 4 day games irrespective of his recent performances in FC.  The fact that he has missed a few FC matches means he should play these games even more.

Edited by express bowling