Ind vs Aus | 2nd ODI | Rajkot | Jan 17th, 2020

zen

7 minutes ago, Sandeep99 said:

We don't need a perfect team. We want right guys to be rewarded with selections. Probably it's new to you but not all talented youngsters are selected in this part of the world. If they are, our useless captain ensures they don't settle in by killing their confidence.

No im well aware of that.

I just dont wanna come in here as an aussie saying those things, as i know ill upset some people by doing that.

In last game thread i did make a couple of comments that the current system india are running is detrimental to the development of a team. And a captain should never have team selection power... or at least not too much.

Because it creates complacency from those you depend on, when they know they wont get dropped by "their buddy".

Fear for position creates a drive to perform. Your mate shouldnt have power to save you if you dont perform

12 minutes ago, nitinbwj said:

10 overs of spin left.Nothing less than 100 would suffice. Iyer should get his eye in quickly and start hitting spinners.

But Iyer is looking shaky against zampa...and just as i was typing this, he's gone. Worse is Kohli's shaking of the head reaction, which hints that Iyer might have fallen out of captain's goodbooks, again (first time was when he was dropped after 1-2 failures in SA). 

6 minutes ago, Cricwala said:

Yes, we can see that or see how quickly KL bats up front. All depends on team requirements, if KL can attack from get go, maybe Rohit needn't have played that slog sweep and cld be around to kick off around now? Not taking away from Dhawan's knock, but this relatively risk-free model of our top 3 in first 25 overs does have serious downsides against strong teams.

How quickly kl bats up front - never seen that happen in odis.. If you have seen worldcup it's always Rohit who took the aggressor role while Rahul batted at 70's SR.  I agree our top 3 approach should change . It happens only when our middle order is set.

1 minute ago, Cricwala said:

But Iyer is looking shaky against zampa...and just as i was typing this, he's gone. Worse is Kohli's shaking of the head reaction, which hints that Iyer might have fallen out of captain's goodbooks, again (first time was when he was dropped after 1-2 failures in SA). 

in one of the pre shows they showed if any spinner bowls 85k + iyer looks uncomfertable

Australia has stuck with Zampa as No. 1 ODI bowler, despite some ordinary performances...so he's developed confidence that he belongs, and now he keeps coming at you, even if he gets hit in some over. He doesn't have any special delivery, just good control. No batting or fielding talent to speak of either  Here, we broke an uber-successful KulCha pair just on a whim, to strengthen lower order batting (needed, because of middle order muddle), and now both Kuldeep and Chahal look unsure about their bowling.

3 minutes ago, Cricwala said:

Australia has stuck with Zampa as No. 1 ODI bowler, despite some ordinary performances...so he's developed confidence that he belongs, and now he keeps coming at you, even if he gets hit in some over. He doesn't have any special delivery, just good control. No batting or fielding talent to speak of either  Here, we broke an uber-successful KulCha pair just on a whim, to strengthen lower order batting (needed, because of middle order muddle), and now both Kuldeep and Chahal look unsure about their bowling.

Even WI stuck with heteymer when he was going through lack of runs. They have backed oshane thomas to very well