All eyes on King Kohli in the 2nd innings

SK_IH

On 2/22/2020 at 12:08 PM, Gollum said:

Flat pitch next 2 days. King should come to the party, waise even if he doesn't we will smash those hobbits around the park. 450-500 will be a cakewalk, then watch them wilt under pressure against the #1 bowling attack in the world :isalute:

We batted at 20% of our potential, they were at their best, plus all the disgusting luck in their favour. Can't last forever :phehe:

Did bewda hack your account ?

Just now, Gollum said:

Korbo lorbo jeetbo re

You are putting your hope on a fraud team lead by a pretender like kohli !

He could have won us a couple of test matches which were pretty much under control example 1st test in saf chasing 200 odd ,we were 74/3 , 1st test England chasing 190, we were 150/6 ,4th test England chasing 240 odd ,we were 122/3 , but he choked at usual 

1 hour ago, adi B said:

You are putting your hope on a fraud team lead by a pretender like kohli !

He could have won us a couple of test matches which were pretty much under control example 1st test in saf chasing 200 odd ,we were 74/3 , 1st test England chasing 190, we were 150/6 ,4th test England chasing 240 odd ,we were 122/3 , but he choked at usual 

There is a documentary called

Virat Kohli: Disgusted by who I saw in the mirror.

To be honest Im disgusted by the man that is leading Indian cricket.

I actually dont want him to fail. Why? Because he has such control and power over Indian cricket, it would be literally years before he was removed. Just look at Dhoni lingering around.

Kohli has changed. He was far greater player before he was with his wife. His wife has softened him on the field. He lacks the strong temperament that he had when younger. When angry, when hurt, when humiliated, he was at his best. Now when he is angry, hurt and humiliated he is even a worse cricketer.

It is ingrained some what in Indian culture, where Age, Power and Position absolutely rule the way of life. To some extent that happens in every culture to be fair but more so in Indian culture I feel.

No one will challenge Kohli and nor will any player remotely challenge Kohli the cricketer as well. So what happens? He remains doing what he is doing. Under performing both as Captain and player.

A simple example was today. Mayank I felt knew he didnt hit the ball, yet had to speak to Kohli first to get permission to use the referral. That wouldnt have happened in an Australian cricket team.

I also feel Kohli is keen to protect his brand and which is why there is lack of strong new Indian kids in this team. If Pant was always going to play overseas in SENA, why not give him the advantage of playing him at home in Tests ahead of Saha. Sure Saha maybe technically better, but over the long run what is best for Indian cricket.

This team feels as old as the one I used to adore like Tendulkar, Dravid, Ganguly and Laxman. But these guys at least are legends of Indian cricket that have played against some of the best cricketers of all time.

I dont love this team as the old one. Kohli and to some extent Dhoni have ruined my experience of cricket.

No major changes will happen in the next match. King Klown Kohli will make sure of that.

A decent captain, would look at KL, Saini and Gill has injecting some new vigor into a team that is feeling and performing old.

3 hours ago, Vilander said:

His hook shot attempt was all false bravado. He needed to suck it and survive the short balls till their lead bowlers got tired and then capitalise thats what a good test batsman would have done. Thats what Rahane is trying to do. Kohlis mind is cluttered with false bravado. 

He's always been like that egotistical to the hilt, he played the same way on our last tour here & hot out trying to pull Wagner from over the wicket & even that game we were looking good to chase it down. He is a certified choker, SRT was admittedly not as consistent in the 4th innings but he rarely got close to the chase & bottled it as often as King of asses :hysterical:

NZ 2013(?) 1st test, Adelaide 2014, SL 1st test 2015, SA 1st test, Eng 1st test & the countless failed chases in ICC KO, gotta give it to the king of chokes :hatsoff:

That Eng series seems like a real fluke now, had at least half a dozen dropped catches there as well.

6 minutes ago, ganeshran said:

This was the perfect chance to play a Smith esque innings to rescue India. Pitch was flat and not tough to bat at all. Kohli threw it away. 

Can't even blame that on his lack of skills. Today's dismissal was just his sheer ego and false bravado to try and take on Boult's bouncer. He could have just ducked under it , put his head down and carried on for his team. But nahi, bhai Sahab Ko hero banna hai .:whack:

Mental fatigue has got to him. His post wc interviews showed that he wanted to do it all by himself and his lack of performance has come as a shock to him. He is good enough to score runs against the minnows at even 50%, but to do it against the best he needs to have his discipline back. He has lost his hunger for a contest, which he will face against such opposition.

10 minutes ago, Norman said:

Can't even blame that on his lack of skills. Today's dismissal was just his sheer ego and false bravado to try and take on Boult's bouncer. He could have just ducked under it , put his head down and carried on for his team. But nahi, bhai Sahab Ko hero banna hai .:whack:

Yes his ego is so mighty and powerful. However I also feel there is too much money linked to him being in a position of power and control of Indian cricket.

Once we won the T20 series, he could have rested and given others the opportunity. This proud man though doesnt want others to take control or possibly do better.

Everyone on here, myself included hoping Pant can and will score runs tomorrow. The fact remains, Kohli has partly destroyed his confidence. There has been plenty of opportunities on this tour that Pant should have played especially when the series was won (T20) or lost )ODI) but King Klown Kohli doesnt see the bigger picture of Indian cricket.

Now tomorrow we expect Pant to not only attack the NZ bowling but to do score big. But where has his opportunities been previously all tour.

8 minutes ago, SRT100 said:

Doesnt Klown Kohli average something like 4 runs in ICC tournament finals? Or some stat I saw like this.

That's too small of a sample to draw any meaningful conclusions. 

An extended run of bad form would be worrying and it looks like he is in the middle of one. :((

4 minutes ago, ganeshran said:

That's too small of a sample to draw any meaningful conclusions. 

An extended run of bad form would be worrying and it looks like he is in the middle of one. :((

His form is one thing, every player goes through this patch.

It is the way he is ruining Indian cricket which is the bigger picture.