Whom will the TM make scapegoats for this embarrassing debacle?

3 hours ago, SK_IH said:

As per past precedence, batting and fielding coaches :phehe:

They didnt change the fielding coach even when we were dropping catches every innings. So unlikely that will happen.

Pant will the scapegoat, poor guy has been messed with mentally and is made to play when the conditions are tough while saha gets to play in home conditions.

4 hours ago, Gollum said:

Just accept he failed, he is lacking in many areas, that he must improve, move on. Stop making him look like victim 24x7x365. This TM has mismanaged many youngsters, that is reality, no one is denying. But when some opportunity presents itself player must accomplish something. At least Pant is getting chances, look where Nair is atm. 

It's not about failing. Every one fails. He failed and it's not surprising. Guy was dropped from test squad when he was doing well. Missed whole home tests and suddenly was asked to play a test series overseas after being benched the whole tour. Dont know why he is getting this scrutiny after every test. He is not the reason we lost this series.

@Gollum Pant did quite well against Windies tests at home in 2018 , don't know why did they drop him at home and played him in far tougher conditions in NZ(i feel whatever opportunity he gets is good for him though)

There was no need to drop him at home

I feel for Karun,the guy was simply robbed off a certain place in test XI for a malnurished,meek AjnahikiyaKya Bahane,they went after KL with hammer and chisel and almost destroyed his intl career which took off with huge promise,they have actually ended his test career for now

Edited by Suhaan
6 hours ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

Let’s look at who this TM will most likely target for the shameful surrender.

1. Pant - His career is almost over. They have messed him up mentally all tour and then out of the blue, thrust him for the tests. He did not look ready and should blame himself for blowing his chances.

2. Rahane - Senior batsman, another failure in SENA. Barring a miracle, he will be removed from the team

3. Pujara - Another poor series and the TM has already blamed his slow batting. TM and it’s media consorts will blame his lack of aggression for team’s poor batting

4. Vihari - Like Pant, will be blamed for not taking his chances and could be dropped from the team

They will keep backing the bowlers and spinners pinning the blame on the above 4. Obviously no questions asked from the captain. Defence will be that our domestic cricket is poor, we have no young talent , captain can’t do much.

i have supported Rahane, and Kohli did seed doubt in his mind by dropping him at beginning of 2018...but he looked really poor in this 2nd match, especially against short ball. He seems to have lost ability to bat big even when he looks set. 

I agree that he now needs to be dropped and Gill should get a long run. Hope they persist with Vihari, who despite his limitations still looks like a steady bat (and they really need to start using his bowling more).

Pant has disappointed too, but WK was decent. Deserves longer rope.

BUT - all this is meaningless if the Kohli/Shastri duo continue, because they will keep making half-assed decisions and messing up players. Make Mayank or Vihari the captain, get new coaching staff.

My 11 for Aus tour (if we can draw that series, it will be an incredible achievement)

Shaw
Mayank (shld try and get a county contract and iron out flaws against moving ball, anyway ball doesn't seam/swing as much in Aus)

Pujara

Kohli

Gill

Vihari

Pant

Jadeja/Kuldeep

Ishant

Shami

Bumrah

KL shld come back in mix in squad  (his 2nd coming in LOIs has been spectacular, wish he also goes to county and irons out his flaws against moving ball.  No Rohit Pls.

Drop Ashwin from overseas tours too. Make Vihari play the offie role in SENA when needed, stick to one of Jadeja/Kuldeep as your No. 1 overseas spinner for atleast 2 yrs.

Edited by Cricwala
6 hours ago, Gollum said:

What wrong have bowlers done this series? Get 160+190 (T1) and even Lloyd's quartet+Warne won't save you. This match they stepped up only for batsmen to give it away in 3rd innings. Why all the time only bowlers have to be blamed? What records have our batters created this series?

1st test: 225/7 to 348

2nd Test: 153/7 to 235

Let's not blame the bowlers, sure :top:

Just now, ShoonyaSifar said:

1st test: 225/7 to 348

2nd Test: 153/7 to 235

Let's not blame the bowlers, sure :top:

1st test patta, poor bowling changes by captain, besides we were chasing the game

2nd test Vihari drop, still they gave us a lead which was looking impossible at end of day 1 

3 hours ago, Vickydev said:

Pant and Shaw are not coming back for atleast a couple of years. Vihari will be in the squad but be replaced by Rahul.

This is not happening and I think it is good for him and team in the near future. Rahul has not performed well in long form cricket for almost two years now be it Test or first class cricket. At the same time he has rejuvenated his LOI career and looks indispensable  for now. I won't disrupt that at any cost. There are better better batsman than him in domestics in terms of discipline and application when it comes to long form and they really need to be given chance before we can think of Rahul again.

6 hours ago, New guy said:

We certainly failed with new ball, taking early wickets in all innings. Look at how NZ bowlers swing and took early wickets. We need an out and out swing bowler to support our seam bowlers

umesh is a swing bowler, a classical outswing bowler at that. It’s another thing that he just swings it down the leg-side.

TM can only do so much, end of the day players have to step up

1 hour ago, Suhaan said:

@Gollum Pant did quite well against Windies tests at home in 2018 , don't know why did they drop him at home and played him in far tougher conditions in NZ(i feel whatever opportunity he gets is good for him though)

There was no need to drop him at home

I have to disagree here bhai, there was rationale in picking Saha for home tests. Better keeping, we didn't need depth in batting....waise even Saha was screwed over by BCCI/NCA in 2017. 

1 hour ago, Suhaan said:

I feel for Karun,the guy was simply robbed off a certain place in test XI for a malnurished,meek AjnahikiyaKya Bahane,they went after KL with hammer and chisel and almost destroyed his intl career which took off with huge promise,they have actually ended his test career for now

Agree completely. 

If you need a 35 year old keeper, coming back after almost 20 months of no competitive cricket, for a home series vs weakened SA, SL and BD as your differentiator and then drop him at the first available opportunity in a tough away series, then whatever Saha brings to the table becomes immaterial. Likewise for Ashwin. If he is to be picked only for home tests, why not give Kuldeep or any other wrist spinner a go at home vs weaker opposition.

It's these short sighted decisions that are hurting this team.

8 hours ago, Gollum said:

What wrong have bowlers done this series? Get 160+190 (T1) and even Lloyd's quartet+Warne won't save you. This match they stepped up only for batsmen to give it away in 3rd innings. Why all the time only bowlers have to be blamed? What records have our batters created this series?

Let's not pretend that we have the best bowling lineup ever, what this series has confirmed - much like our losses in SA/Eng is that our bowlers are overrated too! NZ got the best of conditions yes but then the bowlers did * all at crucial times just like the 2 tours I mentioned, there as well the tailenders *ed us royally & that wasn't the batter's fault. Heck these cucks are worse than Pidge as tailenders themselves :whack2:

1 hour ago, bhakum20 said:

umesh is a swing bowler, a classical outswing bowler at that. It’s another thing that he just swings it down the leg-side.

TM can only do so much, end of the day players have to step up

TM has to pick the right set of pacers for the conditions. Why was Umesh and not Saini picked for the 2nd test when there was an opportunity. Umesh performed exactly how he has done all these years.

1 hour ago, RajBan said:

This is not happening and I think it is good for him and team in the near future. Rahul has not performed well in long form cricket for almost two years now be it Test or first class cricket. At the same time he has rejuvenated his LOI career and looks indispensable  for now. I won't disrupt that at any cost. There are better better batsman than him in domestics in terms of discipline and application when it comes to long form and they really need to be given chance before we can think of Rahul again.

Yeah that's how it should be but now how it will turn out. What did Rohit do in domestic to make it back into the test team? Iam pretty sure Rahul is coming back soon. Vihari the meek will be the scapegoat and make way for him like he did for Rohit in Australia .

Just as they unfairly messed with him a few months ago, I think we should also be careful not to go overboard the other want and give Pant too much leeway. Reasons such as his not given games earlier in the tour to get his eye in, TM is messing with him  etc-all these lose potency after a while.  This was his chance to really cement his place and he has missed it.

The pity is that we're being unfair one way or another to either wicketkeeping option- Saha or Pant.

1 hour ago, Vickydev said:

Yeah that's how it should be but now how it will turn out. What did Rohit do in domestic to make it back into the test team? Iam pretty sure Rahul is coming back soon. Vihari the meek will be the scapegoat and make way for him like he did for Rohit in Australia .

Vihari has pretty good start in his short career. He probably scored the best innings by an Indian batsman in this series. He can still get ousted though because he does not have somebody or lobby to back him up.

Rohit getting included in the Test team was a big scam. The only consolation is that his body does not support playing in 3 formats. He rarely played first class cricket in last 3-4 years and is now 32. He won't be able to sustain this and have to chose LOI over Test in by next year.