Hordes of Muslims defying lockdown. How long will the government tolerate this?

Manny_Pacquiao

14 minutes ago, sandeep said:

Do you think for even one hot second, that I am ok with such idiots?  Come on now.

Then stop defending them. Drawing false equivalences would only mean that you're justifying their actions. 

Edited by Norman

https://www.hindustantimes.com/analysis/why-secular-liberals-are-wrong-about-nizamuddin/story-1FuTwxmmVRNnYJ0eChBbnI.html

I cannot believe that any sensible person — Hindu or Muslim, secular or communal — can approve of the primitive fundamentalism of the Jamaat, an orthodox group that would take Islam back several centuries to fulfil its objectives.

And yet, such is the nature of our political dialogue that many secular liberals believe they must respond vigorously to everything that Hindu communalists say.

The problem with knee jerk secularism is that it can sometimes offer up excuses for the indefensible. We think we are defending the Muslim community from attacks by bigots.

In fact, we are damaging Indian secularism.

Each time secularists take a stand that runs totally counter to morality or even to common sense, we damage the liberal idea of India. 

Secularism does not mean that you rush to the defence to every Muslim, no matter what he or she has done. It means that you fight against all religious bigots and their primitive mindset that ignores science and promotes religious mumbo-jumbo.

The issue with the Jamaat gathering is not only that it endangered the lives of so many people. It is that it did so in the name of religion. In the process, it strengthened the communal Hindu propaganda that Muslims are fundamentalists who do not regard themselves as subject to Indian laws.

Of course, this is complete nonsense. The average Muslim is as sensible and as patriotic as the average Hindu. Many influential Muslims have condemned the Jamaat.

But when secularists feel obliged to find excuses for Muslim bigots, they obscure this reality. If India is to move forward, then all of us should unite to fight bigots, no matter whether they are Hindu or Muslim.

1 hour ago, Gollum said:

What is your point? No one will defend those 30 odd people in that temple. 

If you see the pic, You will find that people are trying to maintain Social Distancing in that Telangana pic apart from one where priest is standing..

55 minutes ago, mishra said:

If you see the pic, You will find that people are trying to maintain Social Distancing in that Telangana pic apart from one where priest is standing..

I still think ALL religious gatherings should be put on hold- If i am abusing idiots still going to the mosques in large numbers even now, I will extend that condemnation to all hindu politicans and common people still going on Hindu festival events regardless of social distancing.

I am comfortable in the belief ( unlike other kattars) that even if we dont celebrate Raam Navami or whatever festival as a group or function, harm will come to our religion in the long run! We CANNOT put religion over health. No one needs to go out and celebrate a festival in these times. Do what you can in the confines of your own homes. Includes muslims, sikhs, Christians and all other minorities.

@sandeep

Edited by LordPrabhzy

3 hours ago, sandeep said:

Because very few will use this to claim that all Hindus are a threat to society.  "Defense" is inherently a reactive act.  Don't be intentionally obtuse. You know what my point is.

That previous post was classic whataboutery.