Mumbai Indians (The Wolves) 2020 Team Thread - Will take the desert by storm!

zen

20 minutes ago, Gollum said:

These sort of close defeats can be emotionally shattering for players involved. Much better to get crushed than have hopes up only to lose by such a fine margin. 

In 99.99% of the cases what you say would be true. But :mi: are that exception to the norm. When Nietzsche spoke of the ubermensch it was MI that he was talking about. Those who tread the precipice of destiny blindfolded are accustomed to leaps of faith. 

What you shall see in the next few games is the resurgence of this side to its rightful place as champions.

4 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Friends @Mariyam @Laaloo do you think I am being extra mean towards your side? Do you think I should tone it down? 

You were being mean?? 

:confused:

I thought your trolling was very cute. :icflove:

We are used to jealousy. I can get where you, a recent supporter of a nobody team, is comming from. You've ought to raise your meanness quotient a notch or two.

4 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

In 99.99% of the cases what you say would be true. But :mi: are that exception to the norm. When Nietzsche spoke of the ubermensch it was MI that he was talking about. Those who tread the precipice of destiny blindfolded are accustomed to leaps of faith. 

What you shall see in the next few games is the resurgence of this side to its rightful place as champions.

And it is not even as if :mi: was playing its best cricket in this encounter .... It was like they were playing a warm up game :lol:

Edited by zen

2 hours ago, Gollum said:

Friends @Mariyam @Laaloo do you think I am being extra mean towards your side? Do you think I should tone it down? 

2 hours ago, Mariyam said:

You were being mean?? 

:confused:

I thought your trolling was very cute. :icflove:

We are used to jealousy. I can get where you, a recent supporter of a nobody team, is comming from. You've ought to raise your meanness quotient a notch or two.

12 minutes ago, Laaloo said:

Lol you’re fine 

Next game is on Oct 23 at S'haj v CSK .... As for the last game v K11, we did well to tie it but lost it when we failed to score 6 runs chasing in the 1st superover .... Need to identify superover players and approach better esp. as two of the three loses so far have been in superover:

Mumbai Indians - 5 runs in 1 over (1st Super Over tied).

0.6 (1 run, wicket) - Mohammed Shami to de Kock, 1 run,OUT, Third umpire to decide whether he have another Super Over. Shami nails the wide Yorker again, de Kock digs it out, extra cover dives to try to field, but it bounces over him. Deep cover throws it in, de Kock has run the first one slow, and Pooran's throw is wide, but Rahul is excellent with the big gloves. He deflects this on to the stumps to beat de Kock's dive ... Q de Kock run out (KL Rahul)

0.5 (1 run) - Mohammed Shami to Sharma, 1 run, Sharma tries the ramp again, but Shami nails his yorker again. Sharma gets an outside edge onto the pad, and they take a risky single. Shami can't field this cleanly, though. And KXIP waste a review too

0.4 (no run) - Mohammed Shami to Sharma, no run, Perfect Yorker. This is top-class bowling with no target to defend. Just outside off. Sharma opens the face but gets nothing on it. Dot

0.3 (1 run)- Mohammed Shami to de Kock, 1 run,Wide on the crease, nails the wide yorker, crunched to deep cover for one

0.2 (1 run) - Mohammed Shami to Sharma, 1 run, Full, about a foot short of being a yorker, Sharma goes inside-out, doesn't get all of it, and it bounces short of deep cover

0.1 (1 run) - Mohammed Shami to de Kock, 1 run, De Kock looks for the ramp/paddle, and Shami bowls a wide low full toss. He gets a big inside edge. So easily that could get him out bowled, but it hits his pad, and they take the single

On 9/20/2020 at 11:34 AM, NameGoesHere said:

After the first game, and the whole "MI take the desert by storm" theme, the MI theme song should be:

It also has a line- "Came in Saptambar, came in Saptambar".

Guess what fellas - we are in September in the desert.  Couldn't be more perfect.

This is hilarious. Just amazing.

Maybe after listening to this number, the Saudis decided to ban music in their country.

On 9/20/2020 at 11:34 AM, NameGoesHere said:

After the first game, and the whole "MI take the desert by storm" theme, the MI theme song should be:

It also has a line- "Came in Saptambar, came in Saptambar".

Guess what fellas - we are in September in the desert.  Couldn't be more perfect.

What the eff was that. so grating to hear. I can't believe the song lasted for 7 mins. couldnt tolerate more than a minute. So ideal for :mi: with their tacky gold stripes on a ugly blue jersey with usha fans on their caps :sick: