Racial segregation in England

SecondSlip

Pakistanis live in some of the most segregated areas of Britain, and their children attend the most segregated schools. The British government has made attempts to improve community cohesion by nurturing a sense of shared or collective national identity. One program designed to encourage greater social mixing includes the busing of students of Pakistani origin to "white schools", in an attempt to bridge the divide between the British Pakistani and white British ethnic groups. 

@Austin 3:!6 @Ranvir @LordPrabhzy @mishra @G_B_ @Franco Vazquez 

Guys, is this segregation and isolation only in Northern England or is it happening all over the country? This looks very similar to Apartheid South Africa, what a sad state of affairs it will be if England goes down that road in the near future!

5 minutes ago, cric_fan said:

White people also prefer to live in non-Asian areas.

There are a couple of areas where there are mostly Indians.

Few areas where there are mostly Bengalis.

Few areas in the Midlands where it’s only white & complete shitholes.

Not just a Pakistani thing.

Home buying patterns often coalesce around ethnicities - this is a thing everywhere, not just England.  

Its unfortunate, and difficult to avoid sometimes, because services, shops that you would want access to also tend to cluster similarly, and it becomes a self-reinforcing loop.

We were one desi fam in our cul-de-sac (10 homes) now there is only one white family left, in a span of 10 years. We start openly playing Holi, Diwali, of course informing them, but they are sportive and have completely desified. I  am sure this ghettofication is happening in India. Ashoknagar in Bluru, has turned totally green in 20 years. But the situation in India and UK is nor comparable to US. There is a community drive to push people out with intimidation. There are Muslim sharia police in UK that desist non-believers out of neighborhoods. That kind of intimidation is wrong. 

We were one desi fam in our cul-de-sac (10 homes) now there is only one white family left, in a span of 10 years. We start openly playing Holi, Diwali, of course informing them, but they are sportive and have completely desified. I  am sure this ghettofication is happening in India. Ashoknagar in Bluru, has turned totally green in 20 years. But the situation in India and UK is nor comparable to US. There is a community drive to push people out with intimidation. There are Muslim sharia police in UK that desist non-believers out of neighborhoods. That kind of intimidation is wrong. 

Bakwaas. You read Daily Fail too much

It’s more the other way round. Right wing nutters with George Cross flags hanging on their front doors are the bullies:intimidating ones.

1 hour ago, cric_fan said:

Bakwaas. You read Daily Fail too much

It’s more the other way round. Right wing nutters with George Cross flags hanging on their front doors are the bullies:intimidating ones.

Do you actually live in the UK or you’re passing your running commentary from Pakistan?

Racial segregation is normal in the UK.

I live in the nicest part of my hometown where house prices are between £650,000 - £1 million.

The area is full of Indians. All of the whites moved out as soon as the Indians moved in. I cannot imagine a white person ever buying a house in my area again. So the white Brits cannot even tolerate middle class educated Indians. 

It's the same case with Southall and Wembley which are full of Indians and very few whites.

If the whites have the means to move away from a place that has a lot of ethnic minorities then they usually do so. It's often the very poor whites who live side by side by ethnic minorites and that is where you see a lot of tension.

Places like Oldham, Blackburn, Bradford are deprived towns that still have a large white majority with a significant amount of Pakistani and Indian muslims and that is why you see more clashes there.

@SecondSlip - This segregation is all over the country. Though most racial communities prefer to stick their groups i.e whites with whites, blacks with blacks, asians with asians etc., Pakistanis take their segregation to a different level. You will find Indians or even Srilankan community in England is much easy going and willing to mingle. Pakistani's prefers to just stick within themselves.

This is bs, why the self pity

You go to African countries and white people segregate themselves into their white ghettos, to a point intimidate non-whites (local africans) moving in or walking around their areas - South Africa, Kenya, Botswana

Same in Hong Kong, Thailand.

Its just human nature, some feel safer and comfortable around people of same race, religion or  culture

On 9/13/2020 at 10:50 AM, coffee_rules said:

Have you made the gora a Hindu fundamentalist is what I want know. If not, you have some work to do, boy! :giggle:

6 hours ago, Audiophile said:

Have you made the gora a Hindu fundamentalist is what I want know. If not, you have some work to do, boy! :giggle:

One track pony stalking me on the same issue. You forgot to tag your troll voting buddy - exit and void, to share a few girlie giggles :girlshit:  and troll votes.  Stop stalking. I don’t like to put people on ignored list.

On 9/16/2020 at 5:24 AM, coffee_rules said:

One track pony stalking me on the same issue. You forgot to tag your troll voting buddy - exit and void, to share a few girlie giggles :girlshit:  and troll votes.  Stop stalking. I don’t like to put people on ignored list.

haha snowflake, you not worth the effort. go ahead put me on ignored list. you would do me a favor! :rotfl:

10 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

Do you know whom to use the term snowflake on? AyyoShiva! I am the last one to be accused of being a snowflake :hysterical: It is more apt for your buddy exitAndVoid, 

Enter the Void is not my buddy. Don’t know him, can’t speak for him. But most conservatives are snowflakes. They get upset about random sh*t that does not even affect them, rant and rave and then upset when challenged. Kinda your type, you know what I mean? 

I live in white area. My cricket team has 90% white player. I have found locality and area very hospitable. Offcourse there are occasions when I felt that behaviour towards me was unwarranted , but then there are a lot more occasions when I can see them going extra mile to support me. I do not believe White British are racist, ignorant may be, but I think I also do few stuff, which may not be to fitting to their etiquette or culture ( my ignorance) and they accept it when they could have pointed that to me.

So, its give and take. Allmost everyone is not racists. Simple as that. 

However Muslim ghettos are totally different thing. Once a area is infested by Muslims they Start forcing most activities and social groups to behave in certain way, like influencing school what to do and have girl only school, no liquor shop in area and so on. Standard religious stuff. So who will live in that area.

if its still not that clear, assume locality has one decen park. In non Muslim areas, houses are not over occupied and people use their back gardens for kid to have swing/slide And other stuff. If I go to my local park, my children can easily get a turn as maximum there are one or two or three other families be there which means at max 3-5 kids ( including mine) in kids area.

Now if you go to a park in Muslim area, even if their is just one family( rarely the case), they amount to 5+ kids ( who probably havent got anything at home so are excitedly using every service, they are kids not their fault) and your child just won’t get any turn but their parent doesn’t care that its their kids hogging everything. So who will live in such locality and With such inconsiderate people who can’t mind their own kids or don’t know how to share a park swing.

Edited by mishra