Speeds and Performances of Pacers and Spinners in IPL 2020

express bowling

Take out Shardul Thakur Mumbaikar from Indian team and take this Mumbaikar Despandey. He is so much better and has potential. IPL is perfect platform for him to sneak into India A team regularly and then hopefully indan LOI side. 

He just needs to work on his weight, looks a bit over weight and he will consistently bowl high pace. Great potential. 

One observation. Wood was quicker than Archer in the WC. Archer has been bowling really quick this IPL. Nortje has been even quicker this game. I wonder what Wood would have done. Maybe not 156 but will have been quick for sure. Starc is the only other bowler in this pace bracket.

Would be interesting to see Fergusson and Stanlake's speeds if they get a look in.

9 minutes ago, Forward Defence said:

One observation. Wood was quicker than Archer in the WC. Archer has been bowling really quick this IPL. Nortje has been even quicker this game. I wonder what Wood would have done. Maybe not 156 but will have been quick for sure. Starc is the only other bowler in this pace bracket.

Would be interesting to see Fergusson and Stanlake's speeds if they get a look in.

Ferguson is a very good bowler but he is being wasted in KKR. He will surely hit 150kph.

16 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

Take out Shardul Thakur Mumbaikar from Indian team and take this Mumbaikar Despandey. He is so much better and has potential. IPL is perfect platform for him to sneak into India A team regularly and then hopefully indan LOI side. 

He just needs to work on his weight, looks a bit over weight and he will consistently bowl high pace. Great potential. 

Both Thakur and Deshpande are very short bowlers.  You have to be really good to effective with that height and pace.

22 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

Thakur doesn’t have enough pace compared to Deshpandey. 

Both are in similar bracket of 136-142 k on their stock deliveries. We have several short fast/fast medium bowlers like these two than Mavi/Nagarkoti. They all are 5'9" or below.  You need to be at least 6 like Saini and Siraj. So they will have to be really exceptional to be successful. I will put Prasidh and Kartik ahead of these 3 guys at this point. Saini ahead of them. Siraj has also looked good. Ankit Rajpoot who is tall has been disappointing. Avesh Khan another tall bloke but was disappointing. Khaleel also fairly tall has been patchy, but he is young and has potential.  Would like to see RR drop Unadkat for Akash Singh.

Edited by rkt.india

Unfortunately only one entry from an Indian bowler in the top 50 fastest balls this season. Saini @ 47 . But I must say the bowling today was exhilarating. Searing pace from Nortje and Archer. Quality from the seasoned Rabada. Promising stuff from Tyagi and Deshpande. Ashwin bowling like a pro. Other spinners doing decently too. Unadkat doubling his wickets tally in a matter of 3 balls was great too.

8 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Both are in similar bracket of 136-142 k on their stock deliveries. We have several short fast/fast medium bowlers like these two than Mavi/Nagarkoti. They all are 5'9" or below.  You need to be at least 6 like Saini and Siraj. So they will have to be really exceptional to be successful. I will put Prasidh and Kartik ahead of these 3 guys at this point. Saini ahead of them. Siraj has also looked good. Ankit Rajpoot who is tall has been disappointing. Avesh Khan another tall bloke but was disappointing. Khaleel also fairly tall but has been patchy, but he is young and has potential.  Would like to see Re drop Unadkat for Akash Singh.

Yes, height is important but I won’t leave that as the only factor before dropping or picking a guy pike Deshpandey if he is consistently bowling in mid 140s in the near future. Yes, consistency will be the key if he is able to maintain that pace.

50 over game will better prove that or List A/FC games. 

Here during t20 games, player change up a lot of things based on how the pitch is playing and also mainly because they often have to bowl too much according to the plan as they are given the ball in short bursts of 1 over or two. Not the best way to judge a bowler but to get just an idea how quick he can get or if he has some potential.

I liked how he was bowling yorkers. Thats good sign. 

3 hours ago, express bowling said:

These IPL commentators talk about foreign players 80% of the time. Although 4 out of 11 are foreign players.

Tyagi is bowling and they are talking about Archer. But Stokes is bowling and they talk about Stokes.

The commentary is becoming very irritating for me.

Better tune into Dugout  , Less Ads and some real good insight from Brian Lara about technicality & Strategy.

2 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

Yes, height is important but I won’t leave that as the only factor before dropping or picking a guy pike Deshpandey if he is consistently bowling in mid 140s in the near future. Yes, consistency will be the key if he is able to maintain that pace.

50 over game will better prove that or List A/FC games. 

Here during t20 games, player change up a lot of things based on how the pitch is playing and also mainly because they often have to bowl too much according to the plan as they are given the ball in short bursts of 1 over or two. Not the best way to judge a bowler but to get just an idea how quick he can get or if he has some potential.

I liked how he was bowling yorkers. Thats good sign. 

If he can bowl 140-145 consistently and nail his Yorkers than that's great and he will deserve it. My point is you have to be much quicker or offer something different if you are that short as you don't get bounce to trouble batsmen. Malinga us short 5'8 but his low arm and accurate Yorker, deceptive slower balls have really made him effective.

57 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Deshpande 4th over

Wide

Slower

Slower ... OUT

Brilliant over under pressure  !

Lots of accurate and quick yorkers. 

One thing most of DC guys are talking about including Ryan Harris  re: Tushar  is  about very good death bowling during nets , nailing yorkers after yorkers . If it comes true , he should seriously be supported as an alternative pacer in T20  for india if someone is injured .  May do good for 3-4 years as a back up. if improves further .

8 minutes ago, prudent_kreeda said:

One thing most of DC guys are talking about including Ryan Harris  re: Tushar  is  about very good death bowling during nets , nailing yorkers after yorkers . If it comes true , he should seriously be supported as an alternative pacer in T20  for india if someone is injured .  May do good for 3-4 years as a back up. if improves further .

Deshpande gives it his all, whenever I have seen him bowling in the last few years. Comes across as an honest trier. Looks like he has focused on yorkers and improved them a lot too.

Plus such bowlers always get a bit more life out of the pitch.  

I will eagerly watch him bowl in the next couple of games. I think he will get a bit quicker too.

8 hours ago, Malcolm Merlyn said:

Prasidh Krishna needs to give it his all. Sometimes he does not complete his full action. When he puts in the effort he is above 145ks.

He is also tall.

We need to be ruthless and get Saini into our test match playing 11 as well as LOIs and Prasidh in our LOI playing 11 ASAP. 

These 2 can  bowl 150 k with accuracy  ... and if they are told to target the top of off stump at full pace ball after ball, we will transform our bowling attack. 

The problem is that trundlers like Shardul keep sneaking in and blocking spots.

Edited by express bowling

16 minutes ago, express bowling said:

We need to be ruthless and get Saini into our test match playing 11 as well as LOIs and Prasidh in our LOI playing 11 ASAP. 

These 2 can  bowl 150 k with accuracy  ... and if they are told to target the top of off stump at full pace ball after ball, we will transform our bowling attack. 

The problem is that trundlers like Shardul keep sneaking in and blocking spots.

Sainis biggest weapon is being able to rush the batsmen, they are consistently late on the pull which should tell you something about how much zip he gets off the wicket. Raw speed is something even shardul is capable of like we saw in Nzl but even at 160 kph he won't trouble the batsmen. I'm actually concerned at how similar deshpande looks to shardul but we shall see.