[2020s] Watched any new movies? *Please use spoiler tags*

EnterTheVoid

1 hour ago, kubrickian said:

I watched it today and I have no idea what the fuss is all about. I feel like Will Ferrell in Zoolander when he says "I feel like I'm taking crazy pills". The movie is so ridiculously over the top and cheesy, the characters are so cliched and boring and the story/plot is  non existent. You are hammered with an extremely loud BGM to the point of becoming deaf and only someone with extreme ADHD will appreciate the 100 cuts a minute. The movie has pretty much nothing to write home about. RRR is like Godfather compared to this movie. 0/5 stars.

Kannada people have become so sensitive regarding the movie. I simply do not want to hurt their sentiments.  So I am very guarded when expressing criticism.

For me it looked like adaptation of Doom 3 in a Gold mine. Boom Boom Boom, all shooting and no finesse. 

Prasanth Neel and Yash have used 5% of their faculties for this movie.  

Haha.. watched KGF 2 today. New guilty pleasure.. Movie makes no sense whatsoever - but it was fun! 

Movie is a crazy cocktail of Mad Max, Vikings(???), Rajini/Vijay movies, with some insane BGM. Way too loud - but the dialogues needed drowning out. The BGM on its own is pretty good btw. 

Edited by bharathh

On Fri Apr 15 2022 at 8:12 PM, kubrickian said:

I watched it today and I have no idea what the fuss is all about. I feel like Will Ferrell in Zoolander when he says "I feel like I'm taking crazy pills". The movie is so ridiculously over the top and cheesy, the characters are so cliched and boring and the story/plot is  non existent. You are hammered with an extremely loud BGM to the point of becoming deaf and only someone with extreme ADHD will appreciate the 100 cuts a minute. The movie has pretty much nothing to write home about. RRR is like Godfather compared to this movie. 0/5 stars.

When my friend told me about Viking reference I laughed out so hard...  Man wtf is this plot

2 minutes ago, kubrickian said:

I'm not surprised KGF chapter 2 is a success because the movie appeals to the illiterate and braindead masses of India. I dont think even 10% of people in India have quality education, which reflects in their behavior and lifestyle and their choice in entertainment.

It's a below average movie but for sole entertainment purpose it's a one time watch at least.  But sad to see level of movie making in India is down in the dumps.  Meanwhile Koreans are producing master pieces one after another.  Soft power is well n truly dead n buried. 

15 hours ago, Lone Wolf said:

It's a below average movie but for sole entertainment purpose it's a one time watch at least.  But sad to see level of movie making in India is down in the dumps.  Meanwhile Koreans are producing master pieces one after another.  Soft power is well n truly dead n buried. 

Korea and Japan emphasize different aspects of their culture and market it very effectively. animation, TV series, comics, movies, food, literature, etc.

2 hours ago, The Realist said:

Yeah the Korean film industry knocks out consistently great stuff and TV is following suit.

A run of the mill stalker movie like Midnight is elevated to higher levels thanks to quality production levels and good scripts/acting.

India is not even in the same ball park.

forget ball park, it is not even in the same country (in the literal sense)

On 5/5/2022 at 1:47 AM, Vijy said:

forget ball park, it is not even in the same country (in the literal sense)

We need the whole culture and economy around novels, short stories, stage plays, independent music composers, dance studios etc., and etc.,.  A low grade economy like ours simply does not have resources to spend on Quality Entertainment.  

But once we manage to get the things right, we can entertain the entire world at much much grander scale than Koreans and Japanese.  But I am skeptical if I will be to see it in my life time.

Watched RRR for the 4th time on big screen. Phenomenal!!!

The depiction of chemistry between Ram and Bheem is truly fantastic. Music is  very very soulful. Janani and Komaram Bheemudo are cult classics. Naatu Naatu will be remembered for long time in our movie history. 

The performance of lead actors is top top class. The best ever bromance film . SSR did a great job by cutting the romance part(reason why Alia was pissed off) and concentrated fully on bromance. In hindsight this is a winner on many angles. An ode to the genre of films that is truly and only ours. 

Felt  RRR is a better work than KGF. But there are numerous movies that are superior to RRR and  are utter flops at box office. Strange are ways of our cinemas.

NTR Jr gave a performance of the decade. I will not be surprised if he gets a national award. 

On 5/21/2022 at 4:53 PM, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Finally Saw RRR - was really enjoying it and then came last 20 mins and it was

kuch-bhi-arnab.gif

SSR's movies are a bit OTT from start to end. But he weaves an emotional arc and most people do not feel that "kuch bhi!!?".   Our generation really really loved his works.

But, I have a strong feeling that the new generation is NOT so taken into his emotional ride. SSR needs to change or he risks becoming irrelevant. 

For example, look at this sequence:-

Emotionally loaded scenes like these convince an oldie like me to ignore all the OTT stuff. 

Edited by kepler37b