Rishab Pant Wicket Keeping Tracker

Rasgulla

Just now, zen said:

It is not as straightforward as it appears as the throw was wide and Pant had to act quickly w/ not much time to think. With the benefit hindsight, he could have taken a fraction longer to get it right. 

He didn't needed to throw. Break the stumps with ball since he had collected it properly. If he didnt collect it properly and then could have tried an ms like flick. Maybe he thought the current keeper did it well so let me also try this :P  

22 minutes ago, sscomp32 said:

Maybe he thought the current keeper did it well so let me also try this :P  

I think he thought he had less time than what he had .... Also note that Pant is among the current wks. Dhoni is retired and last played for Ind in WC 2019. If he is trying to emulate Dhoni in such situations, he probably needs to practice more 

Edited by zen

Rishab an overall more deserving candidate than Samson and Kishan but Kishan seems better to me overall in terms of his glove work.

Problem with Rishab Pant's wicket keeping is that it improves when he is keeping regularly like in a test match. Whenever he gets a break, he tends to not be consistent. Like in t20s, he is hardly keeping consistently as its just 20 overs, where most balls do not come to the wicket keeper. In Test matches and fifty overs, the footwork is challenge and as the game goes on, Pant gets better.

Pant needs to improve on his temperament a glovesman behind the stumps, that is more important to me at this time as he loses focus when the odd ball in a t20 game comes to him. 

3 hours ago, sscomp32 said:

He didn't needed to throw. Break the stumps with ball since he had collected it properly. If he didnt collect it properly and then could have tried an ms like flick. Maybe he thought the current keeper did it well so let me also try this :P  

The throw was wide, there is no way his hand would have reached the stumps, off balance. He had to throw it

4 hours ago, sscomp32 said:

He collected it alright but was not in the position to move his hands towards stump and whip it as the throw was wide.

I ll be honest apart from this forum I have not seen many rate Pant so highly. There is an apparent similarity that he shares with Dhoni, that is the ugliness of his batting. People generally dismiss his batting citing sab lappe maar raha hai.

But the most glaring thing about Pant I have seen this season is teams have come with strategy against him, leg spinners are only bowling googlies, he is getting nothing in the zone he loves & he has not come with any strategy to counter that. He needs to get rid of that limitation & counter this quickly.

Regarding fitness, that is another similarity with Dhoni. Obviously there is scope to shed some kg but like Dhoni, Pant is a burly fellow who is athletic, he ll never be lean.

I would just say whether it's his wicketkeeping or batting, we should not expect miracles from him or overrate him.

Edited by SK_IH

5 hours ago, zen said:

I think he thought he had less time than what he had .... Also note that Pant is among the current wks. Dhoni is retired and last played for Ind in WC 2019. If he is trying to emulate Dhoni in such situations, he probably needs to practice more 

LOL you didn't get me. KL is the current keeper. He caused a run out which resulted in 2nd super over vs mi by doing a flick throw like this.