Uncapped Indian T20 XI

Gollum

Those who are yet to debut (T20) for India....make your best XI. How would your team go against our national team in a best of 5 series in Indian conditions (since next T20 WC will be in India)? Try to avoid recency bias, think of last few IPLs and SMA editions. 

My XI:

Padikkal

Shaw

Mayank (c)

Rana

SKY

Kishan (wk)

Gopal

M Ashwin (can be replaced by one of the quicks in the squad depending on conditions)

Prasidh

Tyagi

Varun C

Other contenders: Gill, Tripathi, Sarfaraz, Parag, Saha, Samad, Gowtham, Tewatia, Bishnoi, Rajpoot, Mavi, Nagarkoti, Natarajan, Thampi, Avesh

Unsure about fast bowling options, not very impressed. But other departments are fine...openers, MO, spinners, keepers. I believe that the MO and spin options in this team are not worse than counterparts in national side. This batting unit can play with more intent, shielded so far from consolidation and 'take deep' culture. And Mayank the skipper can't be worse than Kohli :laugh:

Maybe my XI can beat our national side once in a 5 match series in India, a couple of narrow-medium defeats and couple of thumpings. Will give tough fight to teams like BD, Lanka, Afg.

Edited by Gollum

15 minutes ago, SK_IH said:

Mayank

Padikkal

Gill

Rana

SKY

Kishan

Tewatia

M Ashwin

Nagarkoti

Tyagi

Natarajan

No Shaw?

Good XI, but huge drop in quality of pace bowling options compared to national squad. I didn't follow previous IPL editions, can you think of other quicks who haven't made debut so far? 

Edited by Gollum

1 hour ago, Gollum said:

No Shaw?

Good XI, but huge drop in quality of pace bowling options compared to national squad. I didn't follow previous IPL editions, can you think of other quicks who haven't made debut so far? 

Mayank & Shaw have same roles in the team, just that Mayank has been more consistent.  Regarding bowlers, I thought Rajpoot deserved chances in 2017-18, however Thakur & Kaul got chances

2 hours ago, Gollum said:

Those who are yet to debut (T20) for India....make your best XI. How would your team go against our national team in a best of 5 series in Indian conditions (since next T20 WC will be in India)? Try to avoid recency bias, think of last few IPLs and SMA editions. 

My XI:

Padikkal

Shaw

Mayank (c)

Rana

SKY

Kishan (wk)

Gopal

M Ashwin (can be replaced by one of the quicks in the squad depending on conditions)

Prasidh

Tyagi

Varun C

Other contenders: Gill, Tripathi, Sarfaraz, Parag, Saha, Samad, Gowtham, Tewatia, Bishnoi, Rajpoot, Mavi, Nagarkoti, Natarajan, Thampi, Avesh

No R Chahar? I'd pick him over M Ashwin.. and maybe Natarajan over Prasidh

3 minutes ago, bowl_out said:

No R Chahar? I'd pick him over M Ashwin.. and maybe Natarajan over Prasidh

R Chahar made his T20I debut against WI last year.

Natarajan, not sure, want to see more of him, plenty of one season wonders in IPL. 

Why is Varun C mentioned in the OP as he is now in Australian T20 squad?

My Uncapped XI would be:-

Paddikal

Shaw

Mayank

SKY

Rana

Kishan(wkt)

Tewatia

Bishnoi

Prasidh

Tyagi

Natarajan

I personally rate Bishnoi higher than Murugan Ashwin.

Edited by Majestic

48 minutes ago, Majestic said:

Why is Varun C mentioned in the OP as he is now in Australian T20 squad?

Yet to make debut as is the definition of 'uncapped'. Being in squad doesn't mean guaranteed selection in playing XI. 

If u wanna screw the main team leg spinners is the key specially gopal . Ill play both M ashwin n gopal .

Devdutt

Mayank

Gill

Kishen

Sky

Riyan parag/Samad 

Tewatia

Gopal

M ashwin

Prasidh krishna

Mavi

Extra - varun.c , tyagi, natrajan, shaw