Do England have a chance of beating India in India?

sage

England have already written off the test series lol, already announced that their key all format players will only play two matches. It doesn't matter even if Bumrah, Shami, Jadeja won't play. Rohit, Gill, Pujara, Kohli.. you're not outbatting that line-up in india regardless of toss and bowlers. Maybe they can sneak in a draw somewhere, but that's it

Kuldeep Yadav

Shahbaz Nadeem

Axar Patel

Washington Sundar

Rahul Chahar

Varun Chakravorti

Frikkin Ravi Bishnoi...  :lol:

Pick any two of these and Poms won't cross 350 on an average indian wicket. 

Sos to Chawla ji or Mishra ji....and even they will do the job. 

Kaha se jeetenge.....

24 minutes ago, Serpico said:

England have already written off the test series lol, already announced that their key all format players will only play two matches. It doesn't matter even if Bumrah, Shami, Jadeja won't play. Rohit, Gill, Pujara, Kohli.. you're not outbatting that line-up in india regardless of toss and bowlers. Maybe they can sneak in a draw somewhere, but that's it

When did they say that?  All format players means - Root, Stokes, Woakes, Jhonny, Buttler, Rashid, Chhota Curran.

India's 1st choice XI is the GOAT home side, what is the record 34-1 with 4-5 draws since 2013? Put them in time machine, even Lloyd's WI, 2000s Aus, Fab 5 India will be demolished. 

India with half the first choice players unavailable is still a super strong side, not invincible but will get the job done 9/10 times. 2004 Aus, 2010 RSA, 2012 Eng, 2000s India are probably as good or slightly better than our B side, this Eng team is not in that league. 

At least in final 2 tests of Eng home series I want to see:

Gill/Mayank

Rohit

Pujara

Kohli

Rahane/Pandya

Pant

Jaddu

Ashwin

Ishant/Umesh

Shami

Bumrah

We have never played our full strength side in India yet, Bumrah is yet to play a home test. Against this side I don't think ROW XI can avoid innings defeat.

2 minutes ago, Gollum said:

At least in final 2 tests of Eng home series I want to see:

Gill/Mayank

Rohit

Pujara

Kohli

Rahane/Pandya

Pant

Jaddu

Ashwin

Ishant/Umesh

Shami

Bumrah

We have never played our full strength side in India yet, Bumrah is yet to play a home test. Against this side I don't think ROW XI can avoid innings defeat.

Pandya is not there yet to play test purely as a batsman. Unless he is able to make contributions with the ball, he should not be part of Test team. Additionally I think there is also an understanding behind the scenes to preserve him for ODI and T20 given his injuries. Instead Gill or Rohit can drop down to MO if needed. If Mayank can do a job as well given he is one of the best players of spin in the current squad.

4 minutes ago, RajBan said:

Pandya is not there yet to play test purely as a batsman. Unless he is able to make contributions with the ball, he should not be part of Test team. Additionally I think there is also an understanding behind the scenes to preserve him for ODI and T20 given his injuries. Instead Gill or Rohit can drop down to MO if needed. If Mayank can do a job as well given he is one of the best players of spin in the current squad.

Just a wish man, know it won't happen. Pandya can play as pure batsman in SC conditions, will not average in high 50s but will be devastating and fun to watch, imagine Pandya-Pant in full flow on day 1/2 pitch against any bowling attack in the world.

I don't rate Rahane as part of our best XI in Indian conditions, but unfortunately in Indian cricket 'horses for courses' policy is applicable only to spinners. Imagine Mayank/Rohit opening, Che/Kohli to follow and Gill at #5 :drool:

Edited by Gollum