Slow down the game Team India

Gollum

No need to bowl 87 overs per day, I mean wtf was that? Maintain over rate of around 12 overs per hour, frustrate them, they'll make mistakes. They are ahead, they are the ones who need to win against this 4th string side to salvage some prestige, they are the ones yet to bowl, they need 20 wickets and not us, weather forecast predicts some rain tomorrow and on day 4 so more pressure on them. Buy time. 

If Rahane is banned for over rate don't worry we can manage at Chepauk without him :laugh:. Match fee fine, WTC 4 pts deduction all ok, draw here will compensate for all that and more, not just the pts but we get to retain BG trophy and humiliate full strength Aussies with our depleted squad after losing 3 tosses in their backyard. Pretty sure visitors would have done the same thing in India in a similar situation. 

Let Aussies whine, let them throw their toys out of the pram, our boys will be out of that  country in 4-5 days time. No popularity contest going on, anyway we are the most hated team in the world, we must embrace that and go full heel mode :evil:. Depleted squad, lockdown torture, racial abuse, we are doing CA a favor by being there, a little bit of gamesmanship is reasonable. 

Edited by Gollum

at best he could have saved another 6 overs.. in the end those 6 overs don't really matter if our batsmen don't show up. 

imagine losing the match after those tactics.. it will be very embarrassing egg on face after a great series.. in future, when people are talking about this series, it should be about 36/9, how india rebounded so well, the great sydney escape and then what lame delay tactics from day 1 to save 2-3 overs to escape the match? it would cheapen their efforts in last two matches imo. let them try and earn glory again

Edited by Serpico
28 minutes ago, Vk1 said:

one plus for us is that the aussies bowlers are too tired after SCG.. another mini-blockathon will help us.

Yeah i agree. Basically getting 20 wickets in 180 overs as i m sure at least 75 overs will be lost in rain. 

so Aus will play 40 overs tomorrow giving us 45 overs. Not sure afternoon rain will eat up a bit. Even if it doesnt on day 3 no rain so potentially India has to play 90 overs. If India can play at least 65 ie 110 Overs in all then it will be race against time for aussies to set a target amongst rain on day 4 and 5. 

45 minutes ago, neel roy said:

Yeah i agree. Basically getting 20 wickets in 180 overs as i m sure at least 75 overs will be lost in rain. 

so Aus will play 40 overs tomorrow giving us 45 overs. Not sure afternoon rain will eat up a bit. Even if it doesnt on day 3 no rain so potentially India has to play 90 overs. If India can play at least 65 ie 110 Overs in all then it will be race against time for aussies to set a target amongst rain on day 4 and 5. 

yeah esp in that context today's bowling was very very good.  Containing aus @3rpo and picking 5 wickets with tier 3 bowlers :hatsoff:

That famous 1979 Oval test when we were coasting towards target not only did English umpires screw us over, our opponents reduced over rate to farcical level, <10 overs per hour. Who even talks about that now? Woh kare toh chamatkar, ham kare toh b___r? 

Sometimes great players/teams flirt with limits imposed by rulebook, nothing illegal, not cheating. Pay the fine, move on. Not a popularity contest out there. Slowing down games is a perfectly viable tactic with so much at stake.

Nadal/Djokovic/Federer all have slowed down the game (numerous times) to disrupt opponent's momentum whether via toilet break or fake MTO. 

Kasparov after trailing for first 9 games in New York world title match (1995) started banging doors to break Anand's concentration and succeeded.

Marin screams like a wild cat against all opponents, pitch increases when she is in trouble. 

Don't even get me started about time-outs in a gazillion sports. 

Edited by Gollum

Gave away too many runs and fell in Australia’s plan of declaring by tea. I think India were thinking too much about the rain more than evaluating game’s scenario. They have to make Aussies earn every run post lunch and stop the freebies. I appreciate Saini’s efforts to be on the field and bowling to reduce other Bowlers stress but it’s not helping at all. Australia have earmarked his fielding position and will look to add +1 run every time Saini has to chase the ball. Needlessly to say he’s bowling is unfortunately toothless at the moment due to the injury he’s carrying.