What type of shot was that from Rohit Sharma?

1 hour ago, putrevus said:

No point in investing time with a guy like Rohit anymore, he will never score big runs away from home.Better off investing on young kid who will grow into his role and will be ready for the start ofnext SENA tours.

Yes like whom. Give me an example who is breaking domestic doors consistently and is under 25! Very difficult to fine now..

4 minutes ago, maniac said:

doesnt work that way.

My post was in response to the one above yours. Any way RGS is probably in his last year of test cricket, the future - if you can call them that, is now with the likes of KL/MA/PS & Gill. As far as I'm concerned Shaw & Agarwal don't deserve the leeway some (here) are willing to give them - if they fail they should be booted out, simple as that.

11 hours ago, Clarke said:

The so called chanakya who is claimed to be master strategist behind many wins but isn't capable of not slogging in tests :laugh:

we go back a long way on this forum and I have seen you maintain this same stance pre-  3 200’s, 4 T20I 100’s,4 IPl wins, 1 CL win, Asia cup,Nidihaas cup etc etc etc etc etc

May long your grit continue :hatsoff:

Edited by maniac

It is not about being aggressive. It is about playing a premeditated shot at that juncture where you have already hit the bowler for a boundary. He had rushed out of the crease even before the ball is bowled, it helped Lyon to shorten his line so that Rohit could never get to pitch of the ball. Idiotic move, this is not T20 cricket. 

Edited by urbestfriend

There was a long on & deep mid wicket in place & then he attempted this shot shows how much temperament this guy has to play test cricket.  If there was no fielder & he got out attempting that shot then it should not be criticized as he was looking to be positive but now no justification for that really.  In PC he said..  He was looking for a six lol to clear everything...  Chris Gayle + Russell level mindset to try this on long boundaries of Gabba at that stage.  Salute hai bhai :hatsoff:

Rohit can and will hold his opener position, that's not the primary concern since he's not a walking wicket, which is an improvement over Shaw & Agarwal. I'm thinking this is part of the "intent" mindset which has its own problems in test cricket. Someone mentioned Shastri and his potential reaction in the dressing room. Considering the "positive frame of mind, take the pitch out of the equation" gibberish that Shastri throws around, he will not have a problem with these critical mistakes. Ganguly also had this fault, thinking that a player like Yuvraj will change the test match in a session. The ritual of drafting T20 strokemakers in tests is bound to continue. 

If this was Rishabh Pant or Hardik Pandya there would be posts already about their fearless attitude and approach and how that is their game.

I am sure people have watched enough cricket will know that’s the way Rohit plays any format takes some times and then up the tempo. By that don’t mean block a few and hack a few but up the tempo as per team situation. He has plenty of such responsible knocks.

It was a miscalculation and it happens. Not like he tried to hit the first ball of the test match for a 6 and look like a fool. These things happen.

7 minutes ago, maniac said:

If this was Rishabh Pant or Hardik Pandya there would be posts already about their fearless attitude and approach and how that is their game.

I am sure people have watched enough cricket will know that’s the way Rohit plays any format takes some times and then up the tempo. By that don’t mean block a few and hack a few but up the tempo as per team situation. He has plenty of such responsible knocks.

It was a miscalculation and it happens. Not like he tried to hit the first ball of the test match for a 6 and look like a fool. These things happen.

If they bat in top 4 as pure batsman only and do the same, they will game treatment.

1 hour ago, maniac said:

As a senior batsman (VC), a player is expected to have more game sense ... if Rohit were a youngster, it can be passed on as learning experience (and therefore improve in future) 

5 hours ago, maniac said:

Do i need to tell u the amount of stick both have gotten till now, u have been one of them who has throwing those sticks .

• Pant already has 100s in aus, eng and almost another one
  • Pandya has a 100 in SL and almost got it in SA 
  • Also pant and pandya arent senior or have reached top of their game.
  • They both also bat in slots where its tail with them

Dont play this card to hide rohit problem, he has thrown every start in away conditions. Every name u took above Sachin, lara, sehwag , pant, pandya have converted .....if u wanna take those names just see their conversion rates 

Edited by Ankit_sharma03