Does Kohli have ZERO conscience?

10 minutes ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

Well TBH match winning daddy 100s at home will not mean much now. He will forever remain a mere asterix in the biggest test series win of all times 

Whatever rocks your boat, dost.  For all his faults, he is an Indian cricketer and I will relentlessly cheer for him as long as he is in the team and giving effort.  

25 minutes ago, KiraReturns23 said:

Kohli has his faults as captain, but he's the reason behind the bowling attack we have right now, stop hating on Kohli

Shiraj, Nattu, Sundar , Thakur...which one ?

Even Bumrah and Shami are from Dhoni's time . 

He does have a soft spot for fast bowlers but has messed up the others. He gets no credit for this series win. India won without his batting ,captaincy or any other contribution. 

14 minutes ago, BacktoCricaddict said:

Whatever rocks your boat, dost.  For all his faults, he is an Indian cricketer and I will relentlessly cheer for him as long as he is in the team and giving effort.  

I will cheer him as well but as a batsman alone. As a captain, the youngsters have suffered long enough due to his shambolic mismanagement and random decisions. 

Edited by ShoonyaSifar

People are overreacting here. He isnt great captain but your best bat is always your captain, Rahane isnt even 2nd best. He just get to captain because of seniority and congratulations to him for the success, but with so many youngsters coming up, I'm sure Rahane's place will be in danger soon. Kohli is here to captain for 2 yrs minimum, Gill will take over after that.

40 minutes ago, Rightarmfast said:

Kohli has no conscience. And no, Kohli will not be a better captain here onwards. He will take every opportunity to put down Rahane whenever he can. 

Kohli has tasted power and money, and he has realized how much money there is for taking once you start controlling the game, and not just be a player. For him to control the game and the system, he has to be at the top, by hook or crook. 

Anushka herself is twisted and arrogant. This really to me seems like a power game.

This logic will seem weird, but I am not saying this without thinking. There's a lot of murk in the system.

Anuska ll kick him out if this egocentric perso leave the captaincy..this guy ran like a pussy 2 months before his child born. Every one wants to be for their child birth but not for a month or 2 before even  most of us get peternity leave for a week that too atound when child is due to born within one or two days. Reality is he never had confidence in himself and his team he was knowing all along he is going to be humiliated so he planned beforehand just to project that it's planned decision and not due to fear of loosing. Who can leave an important tourney 40-45 days before of child birth especially when u are captain of the team. Everything went as per his plan till first test except that Rahane and this new team has turned it around and brought us a best ever test victory which Brat could have ever dreamt of.

8 minutes ago, Bigg Brother said:

People are overreacting here. He isnt great captain but your best bat is always your captain, Rahane isnt even 2nd best. He just get to captain because of seniority and congratulations to him for the success, but with so many youngsters coming up, I'm sure Rahane's place will be in danger soon. Kohli is here to captain for 2 yrs minimum, Gill will take over after that.

Who said so?!!!

Our best previous Captains Kapil Dev, Ganguly or Dhoni were never the best Bat in the team. 

Edited by Forever Indian
20 minutes ago, beetle said:

Shiraj, Nattu, Sundar , Thakur...which one ?

Even Bumrah and Shami are from Dhoni's time . 

He does have a soft spot for fast bowlers but has messed up the others. He gets no credit for this series win. India won without his batting ,captaincy or any other contribution. 

601F9281-103A-4AF1-AF9C-735CFB85B090.png

Siraj has been regularly picked in RCB. When these players get picked in India, peope say its RCB quota. Same player played in the 2nd test when Shami got injured.  Sundar too was picked in the squad by Kohli. He played in ODiI’s and here again. They both were in the squad and did not especially arrive after Kohli left. They were picked to be part of the team to be played at some point.

I am all for a new captain, but we also need to remember these players were picked in the squad before and backed by Kohli/Shastri together. 

Alao the most important part - Kohli kept Rahane. If Rahane was in Australian team, he would have been dropped by now with how inconsistent which he has been over the years. It was Kohli who backed this guy who today lead the country brilliantly. 

I am glad Kohli never dropped or changed the trio of Pujara-Kohli-Rahane. I have maintained over the years that this is the best there middle order trio in the game. It is not as consistent now but it is still right up there and these guys showed that. 

I think emotions are high during this famous victory. We all need to probably look at it more pragmatically after few days. 

9 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

I am all for a new captain, but we also need to remember these players were picked in the squad before and backed by Kohli/Shastri together. 

Can't agree with that, Rahane for me didn't lose control at any point in the series post Adelaide. Yes we let Oz get sometimes too many runs, due to poor catching & yes defensive fields but contrast that to Eng or SA tours - were we ever really in control at any point in the game except TB? You had a much better bowling attack here, albeit better batting conditions as well, & arguably a much feared side crushing opponents at home like flies! Expectations though might be the biggest difference - we literally had none here.

6 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

We all need to probably look at it more pragmatically after few days. 

Not gonna happen.  We love to prey on our own with compare and contrast games. 

Kohli haters love Sachin, Dhoni, Rohit and Rahane and will do anything to prove that Kohli is scum,  Sachin haters love Dhoni and Kohli, Dhoni haters love Kohli and Sachin etc. etc. 

Right now, Rahane is universally loved.  Wait till he trips up a few times ... Kohli lovers will come out in droves. 

On and on it goes, and it is up to unkals like me to be the voice of reason with posts like this :-)!!