Say sorry to Rahane

sarcastic

I think it is time for all the deep Ajinkya bashers to eat the humble pie and apologize to him. Yes, I know you said it out of passion but now he repaid all the investment that is made on him. How many of you can imagine India winning such an incredible series down under!

He may not have got great scores with the bat but he raised the team from rubble to pedestal. After 36 all out, no body would have predicted even a drawn series let alone a series victory. 

I see that his little cameo on day 5 has set the tone up for 'let us play for a win and not a draw' attitude that India has displayed and Pant and Sundar just kept pushing and eventually the team overachieved.

I take my hat off to the unsung hero of Indian test cricket, Ajinkya!!! :hatsoff:

52 minutes ago, BacktoCricaddict said:

To be fair, most people have been critical of his poor batting returns, and that was not entirely unjustified.  And the sample size to judge his captaincy skills.  Not anymore :-)!

Yes still his avg is not great. The century in Melbourne was reallly good but the inconsistency after that is still a concern from someone in a leadership position. The problem is he doesn’t know when to change gears he is either on T20 mode or Blockathon.

1 hour ago, BacktoCricaddict said:

To be fair, most people have been critical of his poor batting returns, and that was not entirely unjustified.  And the sample size to judge his captaincy skills before this series was too small.  Not anymore :-)!

he is averaging in the mid 40s if you consider the last 2 years from Jan 2019 to Jan 2021. He went through a dip 2-3 years prior. The last poor tour he has was the last tour of Australia when he averaged around 31.

Even this series he averaged 38 more than Rohit, Pujara Vihari Agarwal etc. Pant Gill and Jadeja he averaged less. 

I don't need to. I was always a fan of his style of captaincy from 2017 when he delivered us a win in dharmsala. Same attacking mindset with 5 bowlers, giving Kuldeep a debut who bowled well and packed slips cordon with a gully :shock: for bhuvi and umesh when the lead was minimal and came out guns blazing against Cummins to chase down a small target. When Kohli announced that he will miss the last 3 tests, I was happy before the series even started. Always a soft spoken man but inside has steel in his heart and a tactical mind and forgiveness for lapses in the field but still encouraging the team to do well. He even encouraged other leaders like Ashwin, bumrah and Pujara to have their say

17 hours ago, sarcastic said:

@SK_IH FYI in case you missed this thread that I promised! Now is the time for this!!!

Ghanta, Pujara even in his low key series outscored him. Rahane kept his record intact of one innings & bust. Don't want to go any further as this is a great moment for Indian cricket.