Will Pant be selected regularly in LOIs?

dilliboy

We all want him to become a regular fixture in ODIs and T20s and we all know he can deliver if he is given a consistent run and a defined role. But will he get that chance under Kohli? I am afraid that once it comes to ODIs, Kohli will once again revert to the safe tactic of selecting the likes of Dhawan, Iyer, Pandey and Rahul as keeper while leaving out Pant. 

5 minutes ago, dilliboy said:

Basis 1 IPL season? Pant is a far superior T20 batsman overall 

I want Pant to play the 2 longer formats for now ... so that he does not get back into his slogging bad habits by playing too much T20Is.

Pant is a gem as far as batting is concerned and too much T20s early on, is not good for batting gems. ( He will play the IPL anyway )

26 minutes ago, express bowling said:

I want Pant to play the 2 longer formats for now ... so that he does not get back into his slogging bad habits by playing too much T20Is.

Pant is a gem as far as batting is concerned and too much T20s early on, is not good for batting gems. ( He will play the IPL anyway )

I actually think ODIs is where he needs to adapt his game most.. Don't think slogging in T20 affects his game as much in Tests but he needs to learn how to pace his innings in ODIs. Plus with the T20 WC coming up, we need Pant and Pandya in top form to have a chance against England 

Pant as an opener in LOIs..  In middle order I am not sold on him.  He should open for sure in T20s & Delhi Capitals should do that this season.  Kishan looks more destructive in T20s as he mistimes less plus bludgeons all kind of spinners. 

Dhawan has been given 7 years to become the T20 batsman & he still hasn't delivered the goods when it matters in WC. 

I really want to see either Kishan or Pant opening. 

Pant should play t20 and tests - he always reminded me of Sehwag in some ways and we know that Viru was not a great ODI player. You need a guy like Pant in any t20 side whether he is a keeper or not, he can change the game in 3 overs and that is a rare quality. Whether you are batting first or chasing, if he comes in at 5 or 6 he can destroy some bowlers in 3 overs and that's his job done. In ODI I think the only position I would like to see him at is opening or used as an attacking floater. He just doesn't seem to be the guy to have in the middle order who can build an innings, in tests the field setting is totally different and it suits him like it did for Sehwag. In T20 he has a license so he is not in 2 minds or caring for the field.

Pant has not shown that he has ability to rotate strike which is a must in odis in middle order., why is it people think the success in one format  will be carried over to other formats.Rahul has taken over as a keeper in shorter formats. I don't think Pant has any place in either of shorter formats.

Edited by putrevus
1 hour ago, ViruDilSeKhelo said:

Pant should play t20 and tests - he always reminded me of Sehwag in some ways and we know that Viru was not a great ODI player. You need a guy like Pant in any t20 side whether he is a keeper or not, he can change the game in 3 overs and that is a rare quality. Whether you are batting first or chasing, if he comes in at 5 or 6 he can destroy some bowlers in 3 overs and that's his job done. In ODI I think the only position I would like to see him at is opening or used as an attacking floater. He just doesn't seem to be the guy to have in the middle order who can build an innings, in tests the field setting is totally different and it suits him like it did for Sehwag. In T20 he has a license so he is not in 2 minds or caring for the field.

Even strike rotation of rohit wasnt that good for a long time even after becoming an opener but it improved. Players improve, sehwag we all knew wasnt into muchofhard work but in our team culture that isnt the case. 

1 hour ago, putrevus said:

Pant has not shown that he has ability to rotate strike which is a must in odis in middle order., why is it people think the success in one format  will be carried over to other formats.Rahul has taken over as a keeper in shorter formats. I don't think Pant has any place in either of shorter formats.

Discounting this season.. Pant has been India's best Batsmen in the IPL