Trichromatic

Apparently Sundar not among top 6 batsman in current form for Indian team

28 minutes ago, Straight Drive said:

Sundar should be in playing 11 in next test. Two good knocks in just two tests. Deserves 10 more tests.

And context matters, too.  It's not like he scored those 50s and 60s on patta wickets when everyone else was scoring 100s and 200s.  He didn't come in to bat at 500/5 against a mediocre attack.  Rather, he came in high-pressure situations and was instrumental (along with others, of course) in creating history with his calm but positive attacking batting.   

4 minutes ago, Jimmy Cliff said:

Best defensive technique in the team? No one looks more assured while playing the forward defense.

I've been advocating for him to open the innings.  I think he will succeed.  He is calm, has good technique, plays great defence and does not get bogged down.  With Gill or any other RHB, he will be a great L/R combo that'll give headaches to bowlers for a long time.  

1 hour ago, shami_123 said:

He can easily replace anyone in the middle order including Kohli.

A left hander in middle order is a must especially when you have all right handers until no.5

Also have to consider the fact that in 6 innings this is going to be the third time that he runs out of partners,needs to be played up the order to realize his full potential

1 hour ago, GautiMaan said:

Also have to consider the fact that in 6 innings this is going to be the third time that he runs out of partners,needs to be played up the order to realize his full potential

I think he should play at 5 and Pant at 6. Pandya at 7, Jaddu at 8 and Ashwin at 9. two pacers at 10 and 11. this should be our overseas lineup. 6 bowlers + batting till 9.

13 hours ago, Vijy said:

I think he should play at 5 and Pant at 6. Pandya at 7, Jaddu at 8 and Ashwin at 9. two pacers at 10 and 11. this should be our overseas lineup. 6 bowlers + batting till 9.

You can't play two pacers overseas. Pandya isn't required if Jaddu and Ashwin bowling well. Third pacer in place of Pandya. BK, Bumrah, Siraj is our best pace attack in England.

Edited by rkt.india
3 hours ago, rkt.india said:

You can't play two pacers overseas. Pandya isn't required if Jaddu and Ashwin bowling well. Third pacer in place of Pandya. BK, Bumrah, Siraj is our best pace attack in England.

In Eng, one could play shardul in place of pandya. he does count as a bowler, and his batting is a bonus