Marriage madness

coffee_rules

3 hours ago, Mariyam said:

I really don't understand the very in your face condescending attitude in this thread by some of the posters.

"Oh the poor and the middle class spend their entire earnings to put on a show. There is so much peer pressure to spend a lot on weddings"

Do you all think that the people who spend a huge chunk of their savings/take loans are incapable of any thought? It's their money and years of hard work on the line, most of them *would have* done their due diligence.

So here is where I stand I find it cringeworthy enough when people do pre weding shoots, etc. I think that was ulterior motive of this thread but it was bound to go into other discussions also, which is fine.

So yes, as much as I find cringeworthy the pre wedding shoots, I understand many would find it absurd also to see me being so crazy about tennis and cricket and thats fine. Like mentioned in the thread earlier - someone’s cringe is someone’s love and fanatassy or dream. So to each his own. 

I think me and many will continue to find it funny or cringy whnenever these wedding “pratiyogita” of pre-wedding shoots are shared online with husband/wife trying to he Bolllywood superstars. The 21st century Indian wedding pedagogy is becoming funnier on internet with these preshoots. I don’t want to get into nuts and bolts of it but you get the picture. 

3 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

@Cricketics Come out of the closet and admit already that you enjoy all this 'bollywood cringe' stuff.

To what song will you make an entry in your wedding?

I think you can easily pull off a Duniya Haseenon ka Mela entry  0:00- 0:4

Honestly, it will be an honor to do this

On 3/27/2021 at 11:46 PM, beetle said:

Yeah....how dare the bride enjoy her own marriage,she should be sad and shy 

....the decay of society indeed.:rolleyes:

I seen women get drunk and dancing on their own wedding. Not a darned thing wrong with that.

To me that shows her confidence and I find that very appealing.

There's another gender reveal thing in the west, haven't seen as much of it in India thus far, or maybe I'm too middle class and not aware of latest trends.

https://abcnews.go.com/International/dead-plane-crashes-gender-reveal-stunt-mexico/story?id=76824951

If they're doing this before the birth in India, police will show up and arrest them for determining the gender.

Edited by Clarke

3 hours ago, Clarke said:

There's another gender reveal thing in the west, haven't seen as much of it in India thus far, or maybe I'm too middle class and not aware of latest trends.

https://abcnews.go.com/International/dead-plane-crashes-gender-reveal-stunt-mexico/story?id=76824951

If they're doing this before the birth in India, police will show up and arrest them for determining the gender.

That possibility of arrest is a big deterrent. 

They should instead have ' aunty guessing gender of baby ' videos ....chehre ka rang udd gaya...ladka hoga:nevermind:

Chehra kaisa khil ra hai...look at the rosy cheeks....ladki hi hogi...:roti:

8 hours ago, Clarke said:

Desi peoole in U.S have found new creative way here too. People who never picked up a cricket bat in their life are doing it by using a cricket bat to pop the baloon open to reveal either pink or blue color and then the girl can start to cry and all desi aunties and uncle can clap whilst doing awwww awwwww.

44 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

Desi peoole in U.S have found new creative way here too. People who never picked up a cricket bat in their life are doing it by using a cricket bat to pop the baloon open to reveal either pink or blue color and then the girl can start to cry and all desi aunties and uncle can clap whilst doing awwww awwwww.

Thank god, this fad has not yet hit my pod yet. My group is limited to Christmas trees/cards (all of them temple going Hindus)

Bihar man requests CM Nitish Kumar to ban weddings during lockdown for this BIZARRE reason

https://www.dnaindia.com/viral/report-twitter-user-requests-bihar-cm-nitish-kumar-to-ban-weddings-during-lockdown-pankaj-navya-tweet-goes-viral-2890986

Replying to the CM’s tweet, the young man wrote, “Sir, if you could impose a ban on weddings, then my girlfriend’s wedding which is on May 19 would also get postponed. I shall be eternally grateful to you,” his comment read.

In an interesting turn of events, a woman named Navya Kumari replied to Pankaj’s comment, which read, “When you had left me and started talking to Pooja, I used to cry a lot. Today I am getting married happily, so please don’t do this. But, Pankaj, no matter whom I marry, it will always be you who will be in my heart. Please come to my wedding. I would like you to see me off.

:p:

Edited by beetle

1 hour ago, beetle said:

Bihar man requests CM Nitish Kumar to ban weddings during lockdown for this BIZARRE reason

https://www.dnaindia.com/viral/report-twitter-user-requests-bihar-cm-nitish-kumar-to-ban-weddings-during-lockdown-pankaj-navya-tweet-goes-viral-2890986

Replying to the CM’s tweet, the young man wrote, “Sir, if you could impose a ban on weddings, then my girlfriend’s wedding which is on May 19 would also get postponed. I shall be eternally grateful to you,” his comment read.

In an interesting turn of events, a woman named Navya Kumari replied to Pankaj’s comment, which read, “When you had left me and started talking to Pooja, I used to cry a lot. Today I am getting married happily, so please don’t do this. But, Pankaj, no matter whom I marry, it will always be you who will be in my heart. Please come to my wedding. I would like you to see me off.

:p:

Sab maya hai