Marriage madness

coffee_rules

It is hitting India like never before. There used to be crazy marriage rituals in the west , but it looks like Indians have caught up with it. People are going crazy with pre-wedding photoshoots and the fad has reached India.

This saath phere tops it all. Not cool, it is crazy sht

Pandit is keeping the havan on while these two idiots are merry

Edited by coffee_rules

18 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

It is hitting India like never before. There used to be crazy marriage rituals in the west , but it looks like Indians have caught up with it. People are going crazy with pre-wedding photoshoots and the fad has reached India.

This saath phere tops it all. Not cool, it is crazy s

You know i may be judging too much but my first thought when I watch those teasers for marriages is like - WTF. I see a lot of them these days who do this and make it like Bollywood movie like teaser for the marriage, post wedding teaser before the real thing is shared with their friend, with a hindi/punjabi song mixed with some slow motion clips of dhula's friends dancing and then the girl crying. It's always WTF moment for me too see all that shyt lol and that seems to be a thing right now in India and has been from last 5-6 years it seems. My own cousin's wedding had this but I ofcourse can't comment to him - WTF is this. 

Whatever you do, don't spend too much on the photography and cinematography. It's a regret of mine. You will hardly ever look at your photos and videos again. In fact you'll be sick and tired of them when you have to select out of the 100s of photos that the photographer took the final photos that will go in your album.

1 hour ago, Ranvir said:

Whatever you do, don't spend too much on the photography and cinematography. It's a regret of mine. You will hardly ever look at your photos and videos again. In fact you'll be sick and tired of them when you have to select out of the 100s of photos that the photographer took the final photos that will go in your album.

Did your teaser come out good? What song they chose?:cantstop:

I was there last year of my cousin's wedding and it was too obscene and ostentatious what with pre wedding shoots in Goa, drones,a mela motif one evening,cocktail party the next, mehndi and sangeet crap that we don't even follow.

All along I saw fat entitled people ordering invisible poor people for food,drinks, and any other sundries.

White Tiger indeed.

18 minutes ago, Yoda-esque said:

I was there last year of my cousin's wedding and it was too obscene and ostentatious what with pre wedding shoots in Goa, drones,a mela motif one evening,cocktail party the next, mehndi and sangeet crap that we don't even follow.

All along I saw fat entitled people ordering invisible poor people for food,drinks, and any other sundries.

White Tiger indeed.

I don’t mind parties as a guest since I get to eat lots of food or try different things. Ya  camera and bollywood movie of your marriage can go to hell 

1 hour ago, Yoda-esque said:

White Tiger indeed.

if you head down to Mexico or Caribbean for a wedding or firm offsite it will be same story minus the freaking drones/ mehandi 

When a family friend's son got married, the bride's side gifted him an Audi R8 as an engagement present. 

As for the wedding itself, they flew in members of the Cirque Du Soleil to perform. 

This was in 2011.  

They were a rich Reddy family. 

Edited by EnterTheVoid

13 hours ago, Khota said:

Problem is it puts pressure on others who cant afford it.

This is the reason wedding Business in india has become obscene. 

people focus more on the event and make it into a party and forget that this is a small part of a bigger picture called marriage. They put more effort in to organise a wedding than work on their marriages.

We attended a wedding at a Goa resort where they had Russian/East European models in shiny bikinis welcoming guests with garlands and the dhol would play in the background. It was absurd in my opinion, just like those imported dancers in bollywood songs & cheerleaders in the league.