Most challenging bowling India has faced in tests

MechEng

The most challenging bowling India has faced in test cricket?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Most challenging bowling attack

• West Indies tour of India 1983
    • India tour of Australia 1999/2000
    • India tour of South Africa 2010/2011
    • India tour of Sri Lanka 2008
    • India tour of Pakistan 1982/82
    • India tour of England 2011
    • India tour of Australia 2020/21

42 minutes ago, Nash said:

Really hard to pick one.  

Last Australia series was also good bowling attack. 

I have seen 70s or 80s cricket either. 1999 aus was the hardest .

2008 srilanka was close too. 

Tour of Sri Lanka in 2008 is underrated.  Atleast in the 1999/2000 series vs Australia and 1983 West Indies tour some batsmen scored runs, that Sri Lanka tour had only one Sehwag double hundred, without which we were losing 3-0.

8 minutes ago, Norman said:

2010/11 South Africa....

Absolute Peak Steyn, Morkel, Philander and even Tsotsobe was bowling like Wasim.... :afraid:

very good attach but lesser than Aus 1999. Don't know about 1983 WI to comments Rest don't come close. 

Edited by Vilander
3 hours ago, MechEng said:

Tour of Sri Lanka in 2008 is underrated.  Atleast in the 1999/2000 series vs Australia and 1983 West Indies tour some batsmen scored runs, that Sri Lanka tour had only one Sehwag double hundred, without which we were losing 3-0.

I ave never seen indian batsman that clueless and helpless against any other spinner.  It was nightmaris series.  Mendis was giant killer. 

201 sehwag . Lol .

Voted for WI - Marshall, Holding, Garner and Roberts are all good enough to lead a bowling attack ... Below is a chart that I made a while back, all 4 bowlers make it to the list w/ Marshall & Garner in the top right quadrant (Low Avg, Low SR): 

1210867316_TestBowlersAvgSR_081920.thumb.png.79a558de6b6c30df2840fda2022e51bf.png

Edited by zen
18 minutes ago, Vijy said:

that was indeed an ATG attack, which is why Jimmy's performance in that series was beyond sensational. perhaps our best ever player of "pure" fast bowling when at his peak.

I was gonna post a video of Amarnath playing a couple of signature hook shots from that tour but sadly that video has been removed like so many others on YouTube :((

9 hours ago, Norman said:

2010/11 South Africa....

Absolute Peak Steyn, Morkel, Philander and even Tsotsobe was bowling like Wasim.... :afraid:

steyn, morkel, tsotsobe & harris. Philander didn’t played a single match. 1 atg bowler, 1 great bowler & 2 medicore bowler. Its a good attack nothing more.