Best current T20 player

zen

Current best T20 player  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Pick the best one

Since the bilateral series v Eng is on, a good time to discuss this ... While there are a lot of solid players, overall considering a variety of factors, it is probably b/w Pollard and Morgan

* Leadership skills

* Middle order power hitters (high value assets)

* Clutch players 

* Excellent fielders 

* Pollard bowls too 

* Extremely fit players (Someone like Russell can break down in a long tournament) 

Honorable mentions 

* Archer - fantastic bowler though loses points for fielding 

* Russell - tendency to breakdown as mentioned so loses points 

* SDP - operated only as a batsman recently so loses on bowling points, which makes him more competitive in the best of the best comparisons 

* Warner - consistency as a top order batsman

* Buttler - #1 T20 WK batsman 

* Rashid Khan - superb spinner

Vote and discuss! 

Edited by zen

Why only qualitative parameters? Why not decide on the basis of Statsguru filters? These were my initial thoughts but then I decided to do some magic with Statsguru, see what I did and the result it throws up

Last 2 years data, minimum 15 matches and  200 runs and Strike Rate > 150. Look what we get :phehe: Could have simply added this Statsguru link https://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/stats/index.html?class=3;filter=advanced;orderby=runs;qualmin1=200;qualmin2=40;qualmin3=150;qualmin4=15;qualval1=runs;qualval2=batting_average;qualval3=batting_strike_rate;qualval4=matches;spanmax1=15+Mar+2021;spanmin1=15+Mar+2019;spanval1=span;team=1;team=2;team=25;team=3;team=4;team=40;team=5;team=6;team=7;team=8;team=9;template=results;type=batting

Screenshot_20210315-214511__01.jpg

Edited by ShoonyaSifar

An 11 based on many of the players listed here:

Warner

Buttler

Pooran

Morgan

Russell 

SDP 

Pollard

Rashid

Archer

Bumrah

Boult (left arm option) 

All of them play in IPL :dance:

Edited by zen
19 hours ago, Mariyam said:

I feel that after he is 'found out' and people see enough of him, he is going to get hit a lot.

Much like Kuldeep.

That said, he is a gun player now.

He has been playing in every franchise league in the world for a few years now.  How much more exposure will it take for the opposition to figure him out?