Any 2 from pant, kishan, Rahul and iyer?

Only two among them Pant and Iyer are middle order batsmen. Rahul's confidence has been destroyed and God forbid if he fails in a couple of ODIs (if picked), his career could be done for the time being.

Kishan should be opening and not bat in the middle order to accommodate selfish seniors like Dhawan and Kohli.

Rahul can offer much but not his current avatar of this bullshit 'anchor' role.

Will be interesting to see how he approaches IPL this year.

Kishan will cement his position as regular in India T20 squad by default of playing in a much stronger batting line-up of MI, therefore will play more explosive innings in IPL because less pressure on him failing whilst Rahul will be lynchpin of PXI and always under pressure of captaining, leading the scoring and batting through the inning.

Rahul is wasting his talent and ability.  

He has clearly decided that he wants to follow the Rohit Sharma model - try and put up monster big scores in white ball cricket. Give himself time up front to 'get in' and 'go big'.  Even great ones like Tendulkar struggled when they tried to change their batting methods and philosophy to something that it wasn't.  Rahul is on a fool's errand with this, and we have seen how fragile his mind is, once he starts slumping.  

I don't like talking about chucking out quality players, especially young ones, but the harsh brutal reality of Indian cricket is that there are 2 or more legitimate viable options for every batting slot.  And if you are not in prime form and unable to deliver with some degree of consistency, you're going to struggle to keep your place.  

I am assuming that this question is for T20s. 

If so, then on current form, I feel like Kishan should be the number one pick from this list. Iyer would probably be the second pick. I like Pant a lot, but of late, it seems like he is struggling in T20s. I would personally prefer to have him as he is such a game changer. But current form would suggest Pant and Iyer. 

If we go with Pandya plus 5 bowlers- we have 5 slots left for the bats one of whom is the keeper. Since the captain told us who the openers are, we know 3 are going to be taken by Dhawan, Rohit, Kohli. Most likely Iyer will also get the chance to “defend” his position. And then based on the fact that Pant is back in favor, he will probably edge Rahul out. 

1 hour ago, SK_IH said:

Pant & Kishan both in T20s.

ODIs not even a question as Iyer's place should not be touched & the other is Pant.

As much as i like Pant, as a lower order bat in LOIs am not convinced at . if played( which I think he should be), he has to open both in T20s and ODIs. 

Just now, jusarrived said:

As much as i like Pant, as a lower order bat in LOIs am not convinced at . if played( which I think he should be), he has to open both in T20s and ODIs. 

Agree with you but that's not even remotely close to happening, so Pant has to learn to be successful in the middle order. 

Just now, SK_IH said:

Agree with you but that's not even remotely close to happening, so Pant has to learn to be successful in the middle order. 

Yeah true. His game though is high risk and tendency to go aerial which works in Tests or Power plays , I dont know how he will ever be dependable coming in at 5-6 where more often than not he will be expected to play a responsible knock. T20s its fine, but for ODIs he needs a long run to change his approach a bit if we want to see him succeed middle order bat .