India: Covid - II

kepler37b

2 hours ago, Stan AF said:

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/coronavirus-lockdown-in-india-covid-19-vaccine-cases-live-updates-april-18-2021/liveblog/82124774.cms

People laughed at me here when I said states should be allowed to buy vaccines. Guess what happened now.

Bad option in my opinion states will be bidding against each other. If India would have bought as a country would have gotten economies of scale. I have seen this in US New York was outbidding all other states.

4 hours ago, Clarke said:

EDIT: *****BREAKING NEWS*****

Vaccination for all from May 1st.

States can buy vaccines directly. 

Koi Moderna wali bhejo re yahan :p:

4 hours ago, beetle said:

https://www.hindustantimes.com

Covid-19 vaccine for everyone above 18 from May 1, PM Modi gives go ahead

By hindustantimes.com | Edited by Amit Chaturvedi, Hindustan Times, New Delhi
PUBLISHED ON APR 19, 2021 07:21 PM IST
  • At PM Modi's review meet, India expands vaccinations for everyone above the age of 18

• This is very bad move first it can leave more vulnerable not vaccinated with already shortfall of Vaccines and now with stupidly people rush there will shortage vaccine and leave some of them with only one dose which is very dangerous
  • We don't know the efficiency against new variant and this vaccine might prove nightmare instead of blessing
  • Covaxin  is still not peer reviewed in India  how much time do they need considering vaccine was out in Jan? and Brazil which was begging for vaccine and had situation so bad rejected Covaxin  as felt they didn't meet safety standards, I mean even Chinese on got approved and they have  president as been praising India so much still didn't approve
  • And this Vaccination  if effective also will take months but we need Immediate action now we can't wait for  like couple months to check  we need save lives now  we can loose lot with inaction 

16 minutes ago, Trichromatic said:

One of my school friend is unable to get bed in Ranchi. 

Another friend is not getting medicines in same city. 

Yea so many stories I feel so sad, frustrated and helpless, no action just plain hope on Vaccine to work or virus to show mercy 

2 hours ago, Clarke said:

:nervous:

Just today news was that NCP leader was caught selling fake Remdesvir. Indian population has forgotten difference between promise and implementation. After all beuecracy and commission  rate is finalised, Maha  Gov will probably not get first dose it purchases before 2022 and most likely delivery will stop after first few doses on lack of payment to manufacturers. I am pretty certain about efficiency and motives of UPA state heads.

Edited by mishra

2 hours ago, gattaca said:

Why are Indian states under reporting deaths ? Why not be transparent? Let people about there are lot of deaths and Covid-19 is dangerous.

That's obvious isn't it. To save face and claim that all is well in their state. If your state is putting out high numbers, be happy that atleast they are tracking it properly. 

One good thing in yesterday's vaccine announcement was future allocation of vaccines will be based on number of cases and deaths so states underreporting will get less. But even then some states may continue to underreport, very clear that they don't care about their people

3 hours ago, gattaca said:

Why are Indian states under reporting deaths ? Why not be transparent? Let people about there are lot of deaths and Covid-19 is dangerous.

Long back a priest told me, most of times there are innocent reasons. Allways look for them before start putting blame.

Nothing insidious or sinister in Corona underreporting. Most likely underreporting is down to underdeveloped  facilities which are unable to record corona deaths. Meaning people are not dieing as declared Corona positive in a hospital but they are dieing at home and straight to cremation.

A lot of docs have temporarily shut their shops. Infact 70-80% of them.  Situation is scary.

Edited by mishra

9 hours ago, rising said:

• This is very bad move first it can leave more vulnerable not vaccinated with already shortfall of Vaccines and now with stupidly people rush there will shortage vaccine and leave some of them with only one dose which is very dangerous
  • We don't know the efficiency against new variant and this vaccine might prove nightmare instead of blessing
  • Covaxin  is still not peer reviewed in India  how much time do they need considering vaccine was out in Jan? and Brazil which was begging for vaccine and had situation so bad rejected Covaxin  as felt they didn't meet safety standards, I mean even Chinese on got approved and they have  president as been praising India so much still didn't approve
  • And this Vaccination  if effective also will take months but we need Immediate action now we can't wait for  like couple months to check  we need save lives now  we can loose lot with inaction 

Yea so many stories I feel so sad, frustrated and helpless, no action just plain hope on Vaccine to work or virus to show mercy 

https://m.timesofindia.com/india/bharat-biotech-announces-phase-3-results-all-you-need-to-know/amp_articleshow/81312912.cms

Covaxin third phase trials were completed in early March.

^ There is a fear among elderly about vaccine and its rightly so. I was looking at covaxin side effects and it has one sentence that vaccine should not be given to people with poor immunity. wtf is that. how do people know what is poor immunity. I have 4 close family members on covaxin whom I coaxed to get and one isnt feeling so good. I am feeling pretty guilty and scared about whole stuff.

9 hours ago, gattaca said:

A bit old article from last year but worth a read. And yeah please dont go by name of "The Wire" and start developing prejudiced opinion. Thoroughly explained reason of undercounting medically & obvious the other reasons are political. If you are not aware about Causes of death, terminologies like confirmed deaths due to Covid, Suspected deaths due to Covid, then this article can serve you that information. 

https://science.thewire.in/health/india-mccd-comorbidities-covid-19-deaths-undercounting/

Edited by Bigg Brother

2 hours ago, rkt.india said:

That phase 3 results from them but I don't think they have got it  peer reviewed yet (or review isn't public domain) . Have they got approval from any country?. I mean brazil is like India politically if not worse and they president is appreciative of India and they desperately needed Vaccine and still Covaxin didn't get approved 

Do I want this Covaxin to succeed, yes I want, It would awesome if India can't vaccine it which is 81%, but lack information they providing just infuriating they are treating as if we are dumb who just go on  who have believe what they  say  

18 hours ago, beetle said:

The only thing that works here is danda or heavy fine. Bum pe danda padega aur jeb se khoob sara paisa niklega to mask on hoga.

I completely believe the poor husband, his wife looked like an abnoxious  gundi woman . If she dares to behave like this with police , can only imagine how she behaves with others.

Ch. Satish tomar (@SatishTomar15) Tweeted:
@barkhatrehan16 https://t.co/Sd9kntcjpD

Gundi has cleared UPSC main according to her:facepalm:....also the offspring of a police personal .

Poor husband... he turned against his wife at the first opportunity fed up with her behaviour

42 minutes ago, rising said:

That phase 3 results from them but I don't think they have got it  peer reviewed yet (or review isn't public domain) . Have they got approval from any country?. I mean brazil is like India politically if not worse and they president is appreciative of India and they desperately needed Vaccine and still Covaxin didn't get approved 

Do I want this Covaxin to succeed, yes I want, It would awesome if India can't vaccine it which is 81%, but lack information they providing just infuriating they are treating as if we are dumb who just go on  who have believe what they  say  

https://www.businesstoday.in/coronavirus/covaxin-safe-immunogenic-with-no-side-effects-says-lancet/story/433399.html

Lancet did review phase 2 trial.

17 minutes ago, kepler37b said:

Its Monday so lets carried away lets wait today and tomorrow. if its still stable then it good.  If you see pattern there dip every monday due reduced testing on Sunday I believe (probably villages or some testing centers might have Sunday Holiday )