India: Covid - II

kepler37b

On 11/22/2021 at 9:55 PM, dial_100 said:

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/government-eyes-first-dose-for-all-adults-by-first-week-of-december/articleshow/87767933.cms

Nearly 80% adult population or 55% of total is now with at least 1 vaccine dose. By end of this year, they are targeting to achieve 100% of India. 

This will change lot of things for us. 

By the end of year they have to start from square one because those which were vaccinated in January February will have their immunity faded.

3 hours ago, ravishingravi said:

It’s pretty amazing how media works. On average more than 1500 people are dying in US everyday. Nobody brings it up because it’s Joe Biden. 

It’s crashing big time. But why

Europe is also in mess but hardly anywhere in media it is big news now . I think it's more of world getting used to covid deaths as this is now new normal.

7 hours ago, Singh bling said:

Europe is also in mess but hardly anywhere in media it is big news now . I think it's more of world getting used to covid deaths as this is now new normal.

The popular narrative is that its the anti vaxxers who are hit the worst in this surge. Not sue if its a wave yet. So there is a general loss of sympathy and interest.

In other news, some virulent South African variant is on the spread. Travel to and from that nation is severely curtailed.

26 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

The popular narrative is that its the anti vaxxers who are hit the worst in this surge. Not sue if its a wave yet. So there is a general loss of sympathy and interest.

In other news, some virulent South African variant is on the spread. Travel to and from that nation is severely curtailed.

I read Botswana somewhere. B.1.1.529 is the more accurate reference. 

10 minutes ago, kepler37b said:

I have been infected with covid 19. Please wish for my quick recovery guys :((. Feeling terrible.

i took my second dose of vaccine in june 2021. Bloody hell the vaccines are a joke.

I think Vaccine are doing decent job in the time range they are developed.   I am wishing speedy recovery and hopefully you will recover soon

And yes it looks like me might be close being back to square one if the new mutation is bad as  feared along with  vaccines effectiveness becoming less. I would say India should be very careful 

3 hours ago, kepler37b said:

I have been infected with covid 19. Please wish for my quick recovery guys :((. Feeling terrible.

i took my second dose of vaccine in june 2021. Bloody hell the vaccines are a joke.

Vaccines are good at preventing severe illness, you'll recover in coming days :nice: 

Don't panic, follow the reliable doc's guidelines. 

My cousin also spent time in hospital post vaccination, he's fine now.

Edited by Clarke

17 hours ago, kepler37b said:

Someone close to me got COVID despite being fully vaccinated. The person was vaccinated with the Covishield vaccine.

The person made a full recovery. The situation could have been a lot worse had the person NOT been vaccinated.

Felt terrible for 7 odd days. Than, got better. 

22 minutes ago, gattaca said:

Why are we allowing travel from South Africa ? We didn’t vaccinate high number of people. 

11 minutes ago, kepler37b said:

This post 2019 govt has been totally clueless and stupid. Does not know anything beyond winning elections. 

Ind's sports teams are also in SA ... Travel bans have only been imposed recently by many countries 

8 hours ago, EnterTheVoid said:

Someone close to me got COVID despite being fully vaccinated. The person was vaccinated with the Covishield vaccine.

The person made a full recovery. The situation could have been a lot worse had the person NOT been vaccinated.

Felt terrible for 7 odd days. Than, got better. 

I am feeling terrible now. Cannot even describe. Constant high fever, No sleep, Huge headaches, Cannot move out of my quarantine room. F**k chinese people. They have blood on their hands.