India: Covid - II

kepler37b

To my mind, when I am looking at the numbers and the situation, considering the fact that country was completely open and still remains so in most parts, if this is close to the peak, we can still live with it. 

In Mumbai and Bengaluru, more than 90 % are asymptotic. Maharashtra has already peaked to a great degree. The spread has happened.  

10 hours ago, BacktoCricaddict said:

Brit scientists reporting on B.1.617 are saying that it is more infectious but symptom range is no different than original SARS CoV2.  Vaccine escapability unknown, which is a shame because it was first found in Dec 2020.  

Now the triple mutant.  The best way to stop variant occurrence is to decrease replication and spread.  The more the virus spreads, the more it will change and deleterious (to us) mutants will appear faster.  Once replication slows - variants occurrence will slow down too.  Slowing spread ... with vaccines, masks, distancing ... is still the key.  

It is going to be difficult unless all the world powers do that. They can it’s a matter of will. If you look at Africa they do have denser population as well. The virus seems to mutate in dense populations only atleast now May be bouncing of too many allows it to change itself India, Brazil and UK are examples. So you have to basically vaccinate every country in the world. That mean billions of dollars. 

8 minutes ago, gattaca said:

It is going to be difficult unless all the world powers do that. They can it’s a matter of will. If you look at Africa they do have denser population as well. The virus seems to mutate in dense populations only atleast now May be bouncing of too many allows it to change itself India, Brazil and UK are examples. So you have to basically vaccinate every country in the world. That mean billions of dollars. 

We have to severely punish china for causing all this misery. Strangely, no world leader seems to have the guts to bell the cat.

4 hours ago, kepler37b said:

We have to severely punish china for causing all this misery. Strangely, no world leader seems to have the guts to bell the cat.

Unles you can prove its out China's lab how can you punish China? and if you punish China there will virus variants cropping up every like  every10 years ( some deadly like Ebola or some fast spread but not so dangerous like 2009 pandemic) so how many will punish

Its not like Humanity has faced similar situation before, Scientist have been warning of these so long saying its not matter of will, its matter when and where there have been films like contagion. Even 1918 influenza there were lot death which ended I think virus mutating  less deadly strain luckily for humans   

2 hours ago, beetle said:

A third mutant found in west bengal.

This virus seems like a deadly predator....:((

Virus are unpredictable more the cases more the chances of mutation. That's why it necessary to keep them in check our only hope when it starts spread uncountably is  virus mutates which less deadly to humans but for now this virus seems doing opposite 

And can anybody inform me symptoms of new mutant? I am hearing all sorts of things like people dying within hours of showing symptoms to people dying with dehydration from vomiting due to COVID not sure which one to trust but lot of people are dying and very young aswell so this getting very serious.

https://www.business-standard.com/article/current-affairs/tejas-fighter-jet-s-oxygen-plant-pressed-into-coronavirus-duty-121042001574_1.html

This is what investing in industry enables, even from the inefficient public sector. Imagine some more private sector behemoths able to move heaven & earth when the call of duty came up. The commie scum in this country will only attack them as greedy hoggers.

1 hour ago, rising said:

Virus are unpredictable more the cases more the chances of mutation. That's why it necessary to keep them in check our only hope when it starts spread uncountably is  virus mutates which less deadly to humans but for now this virus seems doing opposite 

And can anybody inform me symptoms of new mutant? I am hearing all sorts of things like people dying within hours of showing symptoms to people dying with dehydration from vomiting due to COVID not sure which one to trust but lot of people are dying and very young aswell so this getting very serious.

Ezesj_jVIAgSVnJ?format=jpg&name=large

The mortality rates are going down even with surge in positive cases (1.17%), might indicate that the potency of the virus could be less fatal. But, if you go by anecdotal evidences, those dying might become a cause for outrage.