India: Covid - II

kepler37b

10 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

Sad to hear. Stay home everybody. Did they have comorbidities? Diabetics/Hypertension/Cardiac problems are high risk. 

Don’t know. At my age most Indian in India have diabetes. But its really sad. We are loosing our people for no fault of ours

Edited by mishra

3 hours ago, rkt.india said:

More people will die from depression than covid. 

All though it might cause depression, most it can also give some people sense of change and below research so that Suicides' rates either remained same or decreased during the Pandemic(July 31st 2020 cutoff ). So all though it can effect mental health issues and depression its no bad

And also if even without lockdown people will have lot of mental issues like  anxiety , stress for parents and relatives  who's child has travel to office  or people at risk knowing if they get  disease  there might no beds . your no considering effect of Pandemic on family who cought virus , how much stress they are going and other essential workers their mental health doesn't matter?

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lanpsy/article/PIIS2215-0366(21)00091-2/fulltext

8 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

Namoona of the fourth pillar!

These people celebrate death of common people

A first class journalist would have spent time on investigating the reasons for the explosion of cases. That's a piece of work useful to society. These journos are ek dum third class fools.

The “chalta hai” attitude failed the country again.  No masks, big parties, usual gatherings, outdoor foods. Its really so disappointing to see it all.

Then, the “wait & watch “ approach towards vaccines was shocking. It takes 6 weeks for antibodies to develop.

And there were many politicians, vested interests groups, who purposely misled people on vaccines and have caused great confusion and delays.  Such people should be in jail.

11 hours ago, rkt.india said:

More people will die from depression than covid. 

The depression and anxiety when your little ones get covid, inspite of them being asymptomatic, is the biggest pain a parent can go through. The anxiety that you go through when your family gets covid is immense. I am hearing people, in my circle, in late 20's and even early 30's being hospitalized. I did not hear this before. FYI, my close friends family got infected in Bengaluru and he had to shell our 10L in medical charges.  This new variant is a different beast. 

Let's not trivialize it.

I don't know what the present situation is but state governments must be given power to procure vaccines from other countries. That is what federalism means. Already many states are running out of stocks.

I don't trust this central government in dilli to do one thing correctly.

Edited by Stan AF

41 minutes ago, Stan AF said:

I don't know what the present situation is but state governments must be given power to procure vaccines from other countries. That is what federalism means. Already many states are running out of stocks.

Bhai, tbf, no one is selling vaccine to states. I do regular team meeting within my company and my team is based in EU UK Egypt India. Apart from UK, everyone else seems to be behind and their country vying to get more vaccine.

UK got vaccines on priority and we know how our PM BoJo flaunted and faught for it and I am thankful to it.

Read below. Its not as easy as some chewtiya journos and lieing politicians make it sound. Reality is absolutely different

Adar Poonawalla, SII’s chief executive officer, recently talked about hurdles in scaling up the production of the vaccine. He said US and Europe are holding back critical raw materials needed for vaccine production. US and European countries have banned the export of several key raw materials required for the production of the vaccine, severely hitting production in India. The list includes things such as filters and bags as well as key chemicals like adjuvants.

“I wish I could go there and protest in the US myself to say that you are holding back critical raw material that is required for Covax and so many vaccine manufacturers in India and other parts of the world.” Adar Poonawalla has been quoted as saying.

leading manufacturers are making some excuse for not giving India vaccine. Its not politics, Its sheer desperation of their own country to acquire vaccine which is making them some excuse. I wont blame the manufacturers

https://theprint.in/health/modi-govt-wants-more-covid-vaccines-but-moderna-is-not-keen-pfizer-has-this-condition/640139/

Edited by mishra

^ When it comes to granting license, I can see what interest Indian management has vsr say foreign vaccine manufacurer. Foreign vaccine manufacturer want access to Indian market, Indian Management will give access but as long as cvaccne is affordable to middle class and poor at the same time Indian management would be asking hefty amount of doses to be supplied, but not later, they would be making deal to get it now

We should speed of Vaccines, I agree but we can't put all eggs in vaccine basket. We need do research what's causing the new surge if its variant is vaccine effective if its how effective  and what are new symptoms and how to better stop if they don't do this on field work we will be just relying on luck without Plan B. Public needs no if  its new variant and if yes if people with previously had COVID and people who took vaccime are they having some immunity. If its India variant we can wait for foreign country for research 

During initial stage of COVID last year India did great job  specially in feb - march- April  were they checking  for COVID   people coming from aboard and in villages they used visit houses check but once it started surging we didn't have resource and  there was lack Plan B  and lack of information. still we are not doing enough research or getting information public  which can be vital 

1 hour ago, Stan AF said:

India is the largest vaccine manufacturer. No country is making more vaccines than us or Have vaccines in spare.