This day 10 years ago...

'If I got 97, I was supposed to... didn't do any favours to anyone': Gatuam Gambhir on India's 2011 World Cup win

"It doesn't feel like yesterday. Not for me at least. It's been what, 10 years now? I am not a person who looks back too much. Obviously, it's a proud moment but you know what, it's time for Indian cricket to move forward. Probably, now it's time that we win the next World Cup ASAP," Gambhir told news agency PTI.

https://www.hindustantimes.com/cricket/gautam-gambhir-reacts-on-10th-anniversary-of-india-s-2011-world-cup-win-says-he-was-supposed-to-scored-97-in-the-final-against-sri-lanka-101617329746571.html#:~:text=Gautam Gambhir%2C who scored 97,Cup for India in 2011.

This man never ceases to amaze while others would want to milk the win for eternity he focuses on the right thing..10 years is too long for a cricketing superpower to have gone on without winning a World Cup or any ICC trophy for that matter

Felt like it had happened yesterday. 10 yrs have passed, I know they are different formats but post wc that whitewash after whitewashes in test series affected the celebratory mood for me, We were supposed to be world champions who could smash anyone in any format as perceived after seeing Aussie as WC for 3 times. I doubt we will be having similar moments again, even if we win next wc, we will never get to witness 3 amazing matches we got to witness against Australia, Pakistan and Srilanka. The atmosphere before Pakistan match was altogether different.

1 hour ago, GautiMaan said:

'If I got 97, I was supposed to... didn't do any favours to anyone': Gatuam Gambhir on India's 2011 World Cup win

https://www.hindustantimes.com/cricket/gautam-gambhir-reacts-on-10th-anniversary-of-india-s-2011-world-cup-win-says-he-was-supposed-to-scored-97-in-the-final-against-sri-lanka-101617329746571.html#:~:text=Gautam Gambhir%2C who scored 97,Cup for India in 2011.

This man never ceases to amaze while others would want to milk the win for eternity he focuses on the right thing..10 years is too long for a cricketing superpower to have gone on without winning a World Cup or any ICC trophy for that matter

About time. stop living in the past and move on with the future. Concentrate on WTC, the two T20 wcs.

Man how time flies. Was in 1st year of college at IITR. Had our midterms the very next day, but literally no one cared.

Even those who didn't watch cricket were glued. Never seen that kind of craze before or after. Probably the last time streets were deserted in India, not counting global pandemics. 

To hell with the 0-8 test drubbing that followed. Even a dozen test series victories in England or Australia could not match the craze for '11 WC win. 

7 hours ago, GautiMaan said:

Glad he's not my boss.

Phone:  Trring trring ...

GG:  Yes, Dr. Gambhir speaking

Me:  Boss, I won the Nobel Prize!! I am so happy!  

GG: What's there to be happy? That's what I hired you to do, moron. 

Me: Yes, boss.

GG: And listen, no one will call you great scientist until you win the next 3 in a row, so get your arse in the lab and finish those experiments today!

Edited by BacktoCricaddict
22 minutes ago, BacktoCricaddict said:

Glad he's not my boss.

Phone:  Trring trring ...

GG:  Yes, Dr. Gambhir speaking

Me:  Boss, I won the Nobel Prize!! I am so happy!  

GG: What's there to be happy? That's what I hired you to do, moron. 

Me: Yes, boss.

GG: And listen, no one will call you great scientist until you win the next 3 in a row, so get your arse in the lab and finish those experiments today!

Except he is not the boss but the achieving employee ..analogy fail brother

11 hours ago, GautiMaan said:

What a champ! Without that mindset, he wouldn't have been able to drag us back into the contest after 2 early wickets. He batted as if it were just another day at work for him.