IPL 2021 must be stopped and scrapped ....do the IPL organizers have no conscience ????

10 minutes ago, zen said:

The big reason to cancel IPL would be if the players are at risk. Currently, they appear to be safe 

As for xyz is happening so IPL should be cancelled, it is a personal opinion not worth my 2 cents 

I agree dont worry about the 100s of dead bodies just outside the stadium.

Cricket must continue.

5 minutes ago, SRT100 said:

Cricket must continue.

Last time I I checked, cricketers, the ground staff, security and pretty much every one associated with this bubble are employees/contractors working for a paycheque. 

IPL doesn’t run on government money or because of Indian govt. it’s a private league

I ask you once again, what exactly is cancellation going to accomplish or how does IPL continuing put the participants at risk when they are probably in one of the safest zones with all facilities.

Give me tangible reasons why IPL should be cancelled? I am not trying to confront you. Let’s see if you come up with something better than “How can people play cricket when their fellow citizens are dying”

I am sure a lot of people here don’t want to login to work due to their families being in a dangerous situation too, should their employers  stop functioning as well ?

Edited by Global.Baba

I would feel safer in the IPL bubble than I would going to a shop or a pub in the UK where the situation currently isn’t too bad (although still a lot of restrictions in place). My only concern is whether the overseas players will be allowed home, so for that reason I would probably pack up and leave if I was playing

Edited by YCCC
52 minutes ago, SRT100 said:

Cricket must continue.

Those issues are not related ... What’s next, stop all TV programming, radio, etc., because xyz is happening 

If there is a risk to those involved in IPL, which in turn causes risk to others, it should be cancelled. If not, it is IPL’s decision ... Let’s not forget through IPL, $ is being donated to PM Relief Fund too 

You have the option to not follow it. How come you are on such forums with 100s of people ...?

Edited by zen
4 minutes ago, YCCC said:

I would feel safer in the IPL bubble than I would going to a shop or a pub in the UK where the situation currently isn’t too bad (although still a lot of restrictions in place). My only concern is whether the overseas players will be allowed home, so for that reason I would probably pack up and leave if I was playing

absolutely can understand the anxiety of overseas players and even local ones. 

1 hour ago, SRT100 said:

Who cares?

In Australia we dont need to wear masks or worry about our hospital system.

I go to sporting events each weekend, go out to town for dinner several nights a week and party with friends on Saturday night.

Australia is doing perfectly well. We dont have any community transmission.

The vaccination is being conducted so that Indians in India dont spread it to us when they come here to visit, among many other visitors.

The true blue racist getting unmasked here just because you are getting schooled in this thread despite all your education!

I'm so glad haters like you have no stake in India. Good riddance.

53 minutes ago, Global.Baba said:

Last time I I checked, cricketers, the ground staff, security and pretty much every one associated with this bubble are employees/contractors working for a paycheque. 

IPL doesn’t run on government money or because of Indian govt. it’s a private league

I ask you once again, what exactly is cancellation going to accomplish or how does IPL continuing put the participants at risk when they are probably in one of the safest zones with all facilities.

Give me tangible reasons why IPL should be cancelled? I am not trying to confront you. Let’s see if you come up with something better than “How can people play cricket when their fellow citizens are dying”

I am sure a lot of people here don’t want to login to work due to their families being in a dangerous situation too, should their employers  stop functioning as well ?

IPL should be cancelled just because he wants.

45 minutes ago, YCCC said:

Players are in a bubble. At the end of the tournament, IPL authorities will ensure a bubble to bubble transfer to their respective countries. They can do the required period of quarantine and join their families.

For England, if this is the concern, how will players from India and some from NZ travel to UK for the WTC final or for the Test tour later?

Years from now, today's posters that supported the IPL CIRCUS in 2021 to continue during a massive world wide pandemic while the country itself is slowly dying will be heavily criticized for their stupidity and foolishness for the love of cricket.

As I said before many posters liked and applauded a post early last year that stated that COVID would die off during the summer time in India, I was appalled and embarrassed by the ignorance and stupidity, but then again this is Indian education system at full force here.

1 hour ago, SRT100 said:

Who cares?

In Australia we dont need to wear masks or worry about our hospital system.

I go to sporting events each weekend, go out to town for dinner several nights a week and party with friends on Saturday night.

Australia is doing perfectly well. We dont have any community transmission.

The vaccination is being conducted so that Indians in India dont spread it to us when they come here to visit, among many other visitors.

Odd that you feel the need to come up with strange justifications for Australia's poor performance in vaccinating its populace.

The link I posted states that Australia missed its target ( the one set by its own government, not what the WHO has prescribed) by a whopping 85%.

Surely the government of an overly qualified country like Australia would take into account the Saturday night partying and sports events that its people attend before setting a target. Yet they fail to achieve what they set out.

What gives?

1 hour ago, SRT100 said:

Cricket must continue.

Where the hell are you getting news about hundreds of bodies outside stadium and our apartments? Can you provide some proof .

Wishful thinking on your part may be ? You enjoy your super over and worry about ' Indians' spreading virus in your precious country and stop talking falsehood.