Wrong team selection again.

Well, NZ was guaranteed the title either through win or draw when Ind picked 2 spinners, who could not be utilized in the first inning and in the 2nd failed to run through the NZ side 

Best way for Ind to win overseas in such conditions is attack with the ball (as it has a good pace attack), trying to reduce the other teams to low totals 

When you try to balance your attack with 3 pacers & 2 spinners, the mesg you send is that you do not know what you want to do. In the past too, Ind has played both Kumble and Harbhajan but it can be excused at that time as Ind did not have depth in its pace attack 

7 minutes ago, sandsaims said:

Jadeja was absolutely unnecessary and useless in this match. Kohli and this stubborn thick head didnt change the 11 despite the 2st day getting rained out.

Picking players based on success in different conditions … acting as if team selection is a buffet with multiple dishes lined up for you to eat when you please … On the other hand, NZ was very focused on its selections per the conditions 

Edited by zen

Biggest issue was bhuvaneshwar should have been given a mandate that boss be fit for one test. Lots of time. If its cloudy you anyways wont be tired. Ishant shami bumrah are seam bowlers who will be good in saf aus windies. But nz and eng we need swing bowlers who will move ball through the air.. zaheer khan was a master.. 

Edited by neel roy
1 minute ago, neel roy said:

Biggest issue was bhuvaneshwar should have been given a mandate that boss be fit for one test. Lots of time. If its cloudy you anyways wont be tired. Ishant shami bumrah are seam bowlers who will be good in saf aus windies. But nz and eng we need swing bowlers who will move ball through the air.. zaheer khan was a master.. 

Bhuvi is a big miss as he was in 2018

Never seen someone more retarded than Kohli playing cricket ever. Selecting 2 spinners and no swing bowlers. And top it off, open with two batsmen who are hopeless against swing. 

This guy has form in these demented selections, remember Lords?

Kohli and his fans just garggle each others balls.

This final is an epic embarrassment, a nation of 6mil outplaying a nation 1.3b in every aspect of cricket. 

Heroics of Australia wiped out in 6 days by uber retard Virat Kohli.

What has this guy ever won?

13 minutes ago, neel roy said:

We had Siraj who can swing the ball both ways and was in great form.

But he was not picked.

59 minutes ago, express bowling said:

We had Siraj who can swing the ball both ways and was in great form.

But he was not picked.

Didn't you say yesterday that Bumrah,Ishant,Shami should all be picked as they have been proven performers?

59 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:
  • it was fine, only debatable was shami for me who ended up taking wkts. Biggest selection blunder was done by NZ by not playing henry and they ended up winning
  • Spinners took 5 out of 12 wkts 
  • Again we are concentrating on wrong problem- last time it was pandya now its bowling.......it was n still is our batting

yep our batting has been sucking everywhere except Aus

59 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:
  • it was fine, only debatable was shami for me who ended up taking wkts. Biggest selection blunder was done by NZ by not playing henry and they ended up winning
  • Spinners took 5 out of 12 wkts 
  • Again we are concentrating on wrong problem- last time it was pandya now its bowling.......it was n still is our batting

who will they drop for Henry? They were playing with 4 fast bowlers + Grandhomme.

Cant drop Boult,Jamieson and Wagner. Southee is the most experienced player for them in these conditions and already a Nzl ATG with his wickets. Grandhomme is an allrounder.

5 minutes ago, Lord said:

Didn't you say yesterday that Bumrah,Ishant,Shami should all be picked as they have been proven performers?

I said Bumrah should not be dropped based on 1 bad game. 

And I said that I think that none of them would be dropped in the next test.

Check out my preferred playing 11 before the match.

I had always picked Siraj and Shardul in place of Shami and Ashwin. 

After this match I would just change it to Siraj in place of Ishant.

P.S - I had discussed with you before this match about Siraj being our best bowler in these conditions in 2021 as per my assessment.

Edited by express bowling
1 hour ago, urbestfriend said:

I really hate Kohli giving sermons that we play our best players regardless of conditions...Thats bullshit.

this statement is itself an incorrect statement. best players vary for different conditions...a yusuf pathan kinda batsman will be a good batsman on a patta wicket but a dravid would be required in swinging conditions.

you have to pick your horses for the conditions. if boom didn't bowl better than siraj or umesh..boom should have been benched. if Prasidha is bowling better than ishant play Prasidh ..

i mean Pick the best team for the conditions ..team not on past deed but on their form.

ishant bowled good line n length but was slow. boom pitched the bowl mid pitch like he was bowling in INdia...they had to see some of anderson and broad"s previous test and get the right line n length.

no one bowls better line n length than jimmy anderson and broad in such english conditions.

Just now, express bowling said:

I said Bumrah should not be dropped based on 1 bad game. 

And I said that I think that none of them would be dropped in the next test.

Check out my preferred playing 11 before the match.

I had always picked Siraj and Shardul in place of Shami and Ashwin. 

After this match I would just change it to Siraj in place of Ishant.

and how does Bumrah play ahead of Ishant?if anything his record in England is superb and is more of a swing bowler

Dropping Bumrah doesn't mean a judgement on his ability.But clearly currently he's lacking the swing and zip off the pitch.

Why can't we 'rest' him?