Shubman Gill likely to be ruled out of the first Test against England due to injury, TM wants BCCI to send shaw to England

The unravelling is starting early on this tour.

If the injury is that serious a month away then replace him with another opener.

If its not serious how can he be ruled out a month before the first game?

It's either incompetency or fishy. Wouldn't put it past them for thigh slapper Dhawan get called up.

Could be a genuine injury..Gills in the team because Virat wants him, so i dont think there is any kind of theories at large here.

Rahul will have a tough time opening in England, so that means it is Mayank

For Pujaras own sake, he needs to be rested..They can  try Vihari  at 3 perhaps

48 minutes ago, afan said:

Could be a genuine injury..Gills in the team because Virat wants him, so i dont think there is any kind of theories at large here.

Rahul will have a tough time opening in England, so that means it is Mayank

For Pujaras own sake, he needs to be rested..They can  try Vihari  at 3 perhaps

If it was to Kohli, Gill would still be warming the benches. Gill is there because of his Australia heroics and also the obvious efforts Gill made to get into the Kohli coterie during the England tests in India.

Sundar (despite being in RCB) and Shardul did not and hence they are not regulars.

On 6/30/2021 at 11:05 PM, Sandeep99 said:

Shaw will be recalled for Lanka and he won't be playing a single match in England. He's a serious threat to the top 3 and he will be neutralized. This injury sounds extremely fishy. Dismantling of the gabba team has already begun. 

My fears have come true..shaw will be rendered useless. Won't play a single match this summer 

30 minutes ago, cowboysfan said:

Rahul has to open,if they make Vihari open then this will be another long list of selection blunders by the idiot captain.

rahul is a trash opener. he cant play swing or seam. he needs to be in the middle order. i have more faith in vihari as opener tbh. he can atleast block and wear off the new ball. Problem in england is that, duukes swings more after 15 overs until about 50. 

1 minute ago, Jay said:

rahul is a trash opener. he cant play swing or seam. he needs to be in the middle order. i have more faith in vihari as opener tbh. he can atleast block and wear off the new ball. Problem in england is that, duukes swings more after 15 overs until about 50. 

lets not act like Gill and Rohit are even good vs the moving ball,i would rather play Rahul as an opener and see if he can get back into his form in Tests.Viharis County stint shows how limited he is as a Test batsman.

At least let him play few games in Lanka first..  He is gonna be benched anyways till first few tests.  He will be available to play in 2nd or 3rd test that way. 

Clueless TM management overall.  I hope BCCI doesn't agrees to this.  Let Shaw play in limited overs cricket. 

Edited by Lone Wolf

So the TM has called Easwaran not being good enough. Funny to read the excuse of him having played no FC matches in two years.

If playing FC cricket really mattered to these jokers, why did they pick Shami and Jadeja in the 11 immediately after their injury?

The hurry in which they suddenly are to get Shaw in England indicates that they do not want to let Shaw play in SL and be successful. It'll increase their headache for the T20 WC selection. SKY and Kishan already added to TM's tension by performing vs England (whole reason why Kohli decided to open was to keep Kishan away else Dhawan doesn't get in).

Edited by ShoonyaSifar
7 minutes ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

So the TM has called Easwaran not being good enough. Funny to read the excise of him having played no FC matches in two years.

If playing FC cricket really mattered to these jokers, why did they pick Shami and Jadeja in the 11 immediately after their injury?

The hurry in which they suddenly are to get Shaw in England indicates that they do not want to let Shaw play in SL and be successful. It'll increase their headache for the T20 WC selection. SKY and Kishan already added to TM's tension by performing vs England (whole reason why Kohli decided to open was to keep Kishan away else Dhawan doesn't get in).

Easwaran's last FC game was in March 2020.Dunno how many FC games Bengal have played after that.

1 hour ago, Lord said:

Easwaran's last FC game was in March 2020.Dunno how many FC games Bengal have played after that.

There have been no FC games in India after March 2020. We have had the limited overs tournaments - Mushtaq Ali Trophy and VH Trophy.

If lack of FC games was an issue, why did they even pick Easwaran as a reserve opener?