Shubman Gill likely to be ruled out of the first Test against England due to injury, TM wants BCCI to send shaw to England

18 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

i swear both their techniques scare me in england.....anderson chodho Sam Curran hi bahut bhari padne wala hai

I am worried about being 43/4 in at least 3 of these tests..anderson broad woakes curran.. its scary.. pujara will faff around and score 8 of 65 balls and get out. Rahane will prod outside off and get caught first slip. Kohli will hit two 4s gorgeous ondrives with Isa Guha gasping and then get pinged on back foot for lbw..

1 hour ago, neel roy said:

Shaw ho ya mayank. Did you see Anderson s figure today 7/19 against Kent. Kent 74 all out. I m now really worried..

Robinson is also cleared to play against India I guess & Sam Curran is already swinging miles with Kookaburra in ODIs.  This can get real messy for us. 

4 minutes ago, Suhaan said:

Kohli be like--

Ye saare Kaynaat ki saazish hai mujhe meri Kaptaani se juda karne ki

Frankly would love to see a repeat of 2014 Kohli version..  His mediocre performances have been tolerated for too long now already & flying under the radar.  His fans & PR deserve every humiliation they can get.  

This Individual has already done more harm to Indian cricket than anything else. 

1 hour ago, Lone Wolf said:

Robinson is also cleared to play against India I guess & Sam Curran is already swinging miles with Kookaburra in ODIs.  This can get real messy for us. 

Nice. Hopefully Jofra Archer is fully fit as well. Stokes,  Anderson, Curran, two out of Broad/Wood/Archer/Robinson will be a very strong seam attack on helpful test pitches (remains to be seen if they overcook the pitches).

Rabada, Nortje, Ngidi and Duanne Olivier (returning back to Tests) will be equally handful on spicy SA pitches later in the year.

Edited by ShoonyaSifar

Im afraid to say batsmen like Rohit Sharma, Prithvi Shaw, Gill are likely not the answers for opening in England. They are batsmen who like to feel bat on ball, like to score at a good rate.

In England, its often more important to leave well as much to play and respect the bowlers and conditions. It requires a huge change in mindset as Kohli did after his first tour. I really doubt Sharma or Shaw can make the change in batting approach.

I would back Mayank Agarwal to come good in England above the other opening options, if he can fix some of his technical issues he developed of late. Maybe even get Vihari to open because he seems like he has good temperament.

Edited by kubrickian
3 hours ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

Nice. Hopefully Jofra Archer is fully fit as well. Stokes,  Anderson, Curran, two out of Broad/Wood/Archer/Robinson will be a very strong seam attack on helpful test pitches (remains to be seen if they overcook the pitches).

Rabada, Nortje, Ngidi and Duanne Olivier (returning back to Tests) will be equally handful on spicy SA pitches later in the year.

Oooof. It's going to be good. The s.africa series eith duanne back is going to be good. 

Duanne bowls like Jamieson. Might trouble us. 

Edited by Jay
13 hours ago, sarchasm said:

Have they actually grown one?

Source

15 hours ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

I see a a slight glimmer of hope. BCCI not considering their request raised on 28th June so far is hopefully the start of BCCI throwing the rulebook at the clown-loudmouth combo.

Will wait to see how this unfolds. A lot in the future could depend on the outcomes of how BCCI handles this

I think we are seeing the first signs of Kohli power fading 

3 hours ago, New guy said:

I think we are seeing the first signs of Kohli power fading 

The Kohli PR mafia is already at work. See this article on Rediff, hasn't named the joker they have quoted but this clearly is the Indian cricket's chaiwallah MSK Prasad

"In terms of quality Easwaran and Prithvi can't be even compared. Prithvi is miles ahead of Easwaran in terms of sheer talent and don't forget he has already scored a Test hundred. He has been in great form of late. 

"But then he should have been in England in the first place and not in Sri Lanka," a former national selector, who has had a role in creating India's bench strength, said.

https://www.rediff.com/cricket/report/are-selectors-against-sending-shaw-padikkal-to-uk-england-tour-wtc/20210705.htm

3 hours ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

The Kohli PR mafia is already at work. See this article on Rediff, hasn't named the joker they have quoted but this clearly is the Indian cricket's chaiwallah MSK Prasad

https://www.rediff.com/cricket/report/are-selectors-against-sending-shaw-padikkal-to-uk-england-tour-wtc/20210705.htm

Yep, it's been intentionally leaked to the media with the usual bought media sources all on it now. It's open skirmish and if we go by the past, the selectors lose unless the head of BCCI is on the selectors side. When it happened Dhoni vs selectors, Srini sided with Dhoni.

Now the outcome of this fight (as well as kohlis captaincy career) will depend on which side Ganguly choses. I have a feeling that the selectors and management had suggestions about the final XI (also including batting coach, bowling coach etc) for the WTC final which kohli and Shastri over ruled and now ganguly is unhappy 

Edited by New guy
1 hour ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

I hope for once his sources are right.

The dictator duo's evil reign has crossed all limits. Earlier it gets disbanded better it is for Indian cricket.

If the news does turn out to be correct, we can be reasonably sure that Shastri's coaching contract will not be renewed after the T20 WC.

Edited by ShoonyaSifar

^ why will you go to England with just 8  bats is beyond me when you are playing WTC final and a draw would have given you the trophy.  Why would you play 2 spinner in a overcast conditions match. Assuming you were confused between Jaddu and Sundar but Safest option was allways to just play Thakur in place of Ishant, and a bat in place of Ash.

TM is brainless and a disgrace with Kohli and Shashtri acting as Rahu and Ketu to team India’s chances.

11 hours ago, neel roy said:

Instead of harping on openers they should have harped on Bhuvi. He could have at least played in trent bridge and lords which could have been a game changer ..

People keep forgetting that Bhuvi is not the bowler he once used to be. He is no longer a swing bowler. He is more of a seam bowler who bowls back of a length. You can see his average and SR that he is no longer a test class bowler even in England.

I call this the Irfan Pathan syndrome. People tend to remember someone who once did well and think he should be brought back thinking he is still just as good.

Didnt know it will get this much spicy when I read about Gill being ruled out for 1 test. So now they want Shaw and Paddikal but Eashwaran isnt  good enough for them. Shaw wasnt considered for any of three squad when England toured few months back and now they want him and Paddikal wasnt even contention for test squad. Even after getting included, Both are going to warm the bench. Kohli is coward, he wont give debut to Paddikal or play Shaw. At best he will try Agarwal, Rahul, Vihari or Pujara at opening. This looks foul play to not let them play in SL LOIs. Useless Kohli's useless t20 knocks will be in danger if these guy perform in that.

Edited by Bigg Brother