Tokyo 2020 Paralympics: Record 19 medals thus far!!!! Amazing

And the more i read about this iran shooter the more impressed i get.

Is the oldest member of the iranian team in tokyo. Won 2 world cups (including one in india) this year before winning a gold in his first appearance in the olympics. Was favourite in his event and won it. Raised money from family and friends to travel to international events. Found talent for shooting a bit late in life.

Seems like a fairy tale. Make this guy president of nrai....

7 minutes ago, G_B_ said:

A dude from Iran with no real backing won gold. You think many winners in other countries have brilliant odds in life?

Shooting in general in india is well funded. 

Many small african countries and small eastern european/central asian countries who are not developed as India or have Gov funding for sports have won 10 x as many medals as India in their entire history.. we cant be ostriches with heads in the sand and pretend we dont have any ability to solve the issue.

If other athletes who are underfunded can win medals, then why not our shooters who are the most funded!! If they are nervous wrecks, then they ARE NOT A WORLD NUMBER 1

Add to that no formal shooting training and suffers from a medical condition...

Just got interested in a sport and few years later won a gold.

Listening to him speak i think having a simple uncluttered mind did the trick. No mental coach or anything. Just him and his sport. Brilliant.

One of the big stories of this event 

1 minute ago, LordPrabhzy said:

Many small african countries and small eastern european/central asian countries who are not developed as India or have Gov funding for sports have won 10 x as many medals as India in their entire history.. we cant be ostriches with heads in the sand and pretend we dont have any ability to solve the issue.

If other athletes who are underfunded can win medals, then why not our shooters who are the most funded!! If they are nervous wrecks, then they ARE NOT A WORLD NUMBER 1

Also based on this underfunded logic even GoI is severely under funded in terms of taxes. Our public will still expect first world standards.

India needs more output from its input in olympic sports. This is not the 90s anymore. Public needs to demand more. Winning 2 to 3 medals for the amount india spends is a poor return  

We Indians are only good a chest thumping, lying, cheating and scamming and making excuses. No wonder we are a **** hole of a country, we think slight improvements will make us a superpower or the more we brag we are a superpower we will magically become one.

Sport is in a terrible state in India when African countries win medals on the global stage we say they are "genetically" better than us, when a country like NZ does better than us we say it's a first word country.

No wonder we are the laughing stock of the world, and yet we keep making these stupid excuses. I am proud of all the Indian athletes at the Olympics, but Indians are content with making excuses and just participating. 

You mean to say all these athletics at the Olympics  from all these countries haven't ever had to struggle? We are a sad, sad country, a shitty third world country with only one sports we all worship and even that we can't win any ICC Cricket world tournament's.

Edited by SujitPrakash
40 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

Wow whatta choke job in Table tennis..  Lower ranked Hong kong guy beats much higher ranked Indian. 

Indian was leading 3-1 & then went on to lose 3-4:wall:

Yes I watched that match live. The moment Lam started playing normally with no errors, Sathiyan panicked. It was a chokejob. Should have taken a break like Lam when he was losing. Disappointing :wall:

22 minutes ago, SujitPrakash said:

We Indians are only good a chest thumping, lying, cheating and scamming and making excuses. No wonder we are a **** hole of a country, we think slight improvements will make us a superpower or the more we brag we are a superpower we will magically become one.

Sport is in a terrible state in India when African countries win medals on the global stage we say they are "genetically" better than us, when a country like NZ does better than us we say it's a first word country.

No wonder we are the laughing stock of the world, and yet we keep making these stupid excuses. I am proud of all the Indian athletes at the Olympics, but Indians are content with making excuses and just participating. 

You mean to say all these athletics at the Olympics  from all these countries haven't ever had to struggle? We are a sad, sad country, a shitty third world country with only one sports we all worship and even that we can't win any ICC Cricket world tournament's.

I think this logic isn't right that only India does badly...  Pakistan hasn't won a Olympic medal in nearly three freakin decades.  In fact situation is quite dire in entire subcontinent.

9 minutes ago, MultiB48 said:

Nice excuse,I would like to see if an nri ever wins a medal in my lifetime.

Well not exactly NRI, but Indian origin athleted have won medals for their country.

Last time, it was Rajeev Ram in tennis who won in mixed doubles I think.

7 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

I think this logic isn't right that only India does badly...  Pakistan hasn't won a Olympic medal in nearly three freakin decades.  In fact situation is quite dire in entire subcontinent.

We shouldn't be comparing ourselves with Pakistan, we should be comparing ourselves to some of those Africans countries that have won more medals than us. If you don't want to compare us to NZ, Australia or other smaller Western nations.

Edited by SujitPrakash

Nri are around 45 million pop.

Vast majority of those are recent first gen arrivals or people in gulf who retain indian passports

In the west second gen nri pop is around 1 to 2 million (usa canada aus nz and uk/europe).

From what i know there have been medallists in gymnastics and other sport from that 1 to 2 million

31 minutes ago, SujitPrakash said:

<snip>

<Snip>

Some specious logic right there.

How do you know that "Indians" are content with just participating. In the footage that I saw, our shooter looked crestfallen. As did her coach.

Your entire 'woe is India' rant is based on this ridiculous conjecture. Surely you can come up with a stronger arguement.

3 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

Some specious logic right there.

How do you know that "Indians" are content with just participating. In the footage that I saw, our shooter looked crestfallen. As did her coach.

Your entire 'woe is India' rant is based on this ridiculous conjecture. Surely you can come up with a stronger arguement.

The argument is that since 2012 we have only won three medals ( so far) which indicates we are regressing since London despite more funding than ever ( I’m not saying it’s enough but it is still more than 2008/2012 where we won more medals) Ultimately world championships and asian championships win mean zilch if you can’t replicate that on the biggest stage. Yes they might be enough to get a salaried job in the government. If that is these athletes aim then fair play to them, they deserve a stable life. But let’s not be under an assumption that we have the capability to dominate a sport in the Olympics.. let us be content to be participants and not expect any medals. We are not a sporting nation and let’s just agree to that. Meanwhile countries like Kosovo and Tunisia will keep winning more medals than us :phehe: