BCCI handling of this Kohli Episode has been nothing short of PCB level of unprofessionalism

5 hours ago, Vilander said:

India = petty politics. And Rohit is mumbaikar worst regional politics comes from Mumbai no wonder. 

1 hour ago, kepler37b said:

Exactly. We will stand at the absolute bottom, if you rate all the societies by Meritocracy. This is not just in our old babudom, but also in our shiny overhyped private enterprises.

I agree with your sentiment, but in this particular case, whats happening here isn't unlike what happens in USA if board of directors want a popular ceo gone

1 minute ago, Adamant said:

The ones who support him will continue to do so and the ones who don't won't budge an inch. 

This makes zero sense. 

I don't think normal cricket fans are polarized like this, their opinions change all the time based on media narrative. Those twitter reply guys are a small portion of total fans

5 minutes ago, Serpico said:

Dropping him against his wishes will be pr nightmare for bcci, most fans will take his side. Maybe with these leaks, coupled with his poor form, they're hoping to change the public sentiment

Things like these don't move the supporters an inch, the detractors will also remain the same. 

All these are just shady reports and I am quite sure some of them are totally wrong (the one regarding Kohli asking to remove Rohit as Vc) 

Bcci is doing this just to create controversies , but this will only lead to problems in the dressing room in t20 WC. They won't achieve anything else from it. 

Bcci is jeopardizing our t20 WC campaign 

5 minutes ago, Serpico said:

I don't think normal cricket fans are polarized like this, their opinions change all the time based on media narrative. Those twitter reply guys are a small portion of total fans

The mentality of supporters remains the same, I haven't seen many cases of an individual loving a player and then starting to hate him after some time. 

In case of masses, the loyalty is even higher, on ICF posters might change their opinion about a player but masses do not do that. Once They hail a player and continue to do so. 

Example - Sanju samson fans, dk fans etc etc. 

Edited by Adamant
Just now, Adamant said:

The mentality of supporters remains the same, I haven't seen many cases of an individual loving a player and then starting to hate him after some time. 

In case of masses, the loyalty is even higher, on ICF posters might change their opinion about a player but masses do not do that. They hail a player and continue to do so. 

They're all small subsets. Twitter reply guys feud with other fans on a daily basis and in process, invest a lot of emotions on individual players and can't let them go

16 minutes ago, Adamant said:

In case of masses, the loyalty is even higher, on ICF posters might change their opinion about a player but masses do not do that. Once They hail a player and continue to do so. 

Yeah but most fans dont love a player, most are fence sitters. Both die hard fans and die hard haters are in the minorities. BCCI is not targeting any die hard fans, they are targeting the majority

11 minutes ago, Sgattick10 said:

I am no fan of Kohli but these leaks are terrible, he is still our 2 format captain. Respect the position or be man enough to drop him as captain. 

I have a bad feeling of upcoming T20 WC, we're gonna lose badly.

we will make semis minimum unless Pak pulls an upset. If we had Eng/WI in our group, there would have been a risk of knocked out in group stage

Kohli PR looks to have finally met its match.

The whole thing started with Kohli PR's trial balloon of the planted story regarding Kohli stepping down from captaincy. That time it was aimed ay deflecting attention from poor leadership leading to the 5th test cancellation. Since then, Kohli PR has been outsmarted and hasn't yet not been able to control the damage.

Edited by ShoonyaSifar
19 minutes ago, Norman said:

This. 

Still remember the "India minus kohli = Bangladesh" memes that Kohli PR used to spread around on SM during that 2017-19 phase. 

Time to give it back.. 

even back then we had lot of young guns on bench. infact kohli did f all vs aussies in 2016 in india. we won without him. infact every time we played without him, we won. 

It's high time things get exposed and people see what type of characters these players ,particularly the captain are in real .

Wt20 win or lose won't depend on this ,anyway we perform badly in this tournament .

Important thing is that the truth should come out in the open and not just trampled or sidelined just to show everything is goodie goodie !

1 hour ago, Sgattick10 said:

I am no fan of Kohli but these leaks are terrible, he is still our 2 format captain. Respect the position or be man enough to drop him as captain. 

I have a bad feeling of upcoming T20 WC, we're gonna lose badly.

When do we don't? 

Anyways this is high time to sack him from captaincy in Lois, maybe even test matches  just go with the flow .

Just now, adi B said:

When do we don't? 

Anyways this is high time to sack him from captaincy in Lois, maybe even test matches  just go with the flow .

White ball cricket yes. Test matches he has done reasonably well, do give him a year maybe and groom someone ..lets not forget Rohit hasnt played too many test match and till last year wasnt a certainity 

16 minutes ago, Sgattick10 said:

White ball cricket yes. Test matches he has done reasonably well, do give him a year maybe and groom someone ..lets not forget Rohit hasnt played too many test match and till last year wasnt a certainity 

I meant to say if the jerk tries to play smart or jeopardize the team ,BCCI can well sack him in test as well.

Don't think Kohli is a guy who'll keep quiet just being the test captain after being sacked in 2 formats ,he'll try to make groups ,downplay the others etc