Bhuvi vs Deepak Chahar. Who would have been better pick for WT20 squad?

Lone Wolf

2 minutes ago, Ajju said:

Its perfect decision and best batsman among our bowlers

Hardly, he's definitely overrated in that dept! 

4 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

Can Deepak force his way into main squad by the time IPl is over? 

He should, whether he does make the final squad or not will depend a lot on Brat & possibly MS.

4 minutes ago, maniac said:

Deepak Chahar hands down. Younger, fitter, better bat and has shown more utility with the new ball time and time again in T20.

Yeah Bhuvi seemed hm to have edged him on the basis of his reputation.  But Deepak has enough experience now around Indian team..  His skills are better & should be backed to deliver on the bigger stage in ICC events. 

3 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

Yeah Bhuvi seemed hm to have edged him on the basis of his reputation.  But Deepak has enough experience now around Indian team..  His skills are better & should be backed to deliver on the bigger stage in ICC events. 

Bhuvi has a reputation of getting injured mid match often too. Bhuvi and Hardik are 2 culprits of this. That is why even though they are better than some of their alternatives, it’s tough to root for them.

4 hours ago, vvvslaxman said:

Bumrah should bowl one over in power play. Preferably 5th or 6th over And finish the innings. So we need two decent new ball bowlers.  So there is room for Deepak Chahar. Thakur is okay in the middle overs. In the end overs he is utter trash. Not a great new ball bowler.

A peak bhuvi would still trump over Chahar but definitely not this version of trundling half fit Bhuvi. D Chahar is much better than this version of bhuvi with bat, ball and field, do not also forget is unique ability to take wickets in a bunch 

I would prefer Siraj over these two, Siraj was on fire in the first phase and could have won us the World Cup but he now looks exhausted, If he regains his old rhythm, I will choose Siraj. 

If I have to choose between Bhuvi and chahar, I'll take Bhuvi. Both have similar abilities, but Bhuvi can bowl at death, whereas Chahar becomes a major liability once the ball stops swinging. We won't get green tops like in the first game or slow low dustbowls in WC. The wickets will be flat, which will be difficult for trundler Chahar to handle, he'll be hammered.

15 hours ago, maniac said:

Deepak Chahar hands down. Younger, fitter, better bat and has shown more utility with the new ball time and time again in T20.

one diff between chahar n bhuvi is consistency n impact

Bhuvi will generally be consistent (if bowling at his best ) but wnt take wkts in bunch - more consistency 

Chahar either will run through top order or wont take wkts - more impact