Changes you expecting for T20 WC team before 10th Oct?

Austin 3:!6

I havent paid a close eye on the IPL but have just been following the scorecards.

Interestingly enough I think there has been maybe one or two Indian players (world cup players) that have won man of the match.

It appears most of our players are struggling for consistent form and some have failed fairly consistently. Its a massive concern given the world cup is here in a few weeks time.

24 minutes ago, QuarantineTormentino said:

:hysterical:

People think these are surfaces which will aid spinners just because they are slow,infact there is a general thought about this,UAE is spongy too,a bowler like him who knows how to use it to maximum effect is far more important than Chahal here

Bowlers like Harshal are quite difficult to get away with having subtle variations in their armoury,there is a reason he's been picking wickets here,you will always have to take into account there might be an over of 20-25~30 in t20s no matter who is bowling such is the nature of the format

38 minutes ago, Suhaan said:

People think these are surfaces which will aid spinners just because they are slow,infact there is a general thought about this,UAE is spongy too,a bowler like him who knows how to use it to maximum effect is far more important than Chahal here

Bowlers like Harshal are quite difficult to get away with having subtle variations in their armoury,there is a reason he's been picking wickets here,you will always have to take into account there might be an over of 20-25~30 in t20s no matter who is bowling such is the nature of the format

Bro c’mon it’s just one IPL season. Plus we already have lord Thakur/Deepak chahar for variations. What we are missing  is an out and out quick with control like Siraj or Avesh. 140+bowlers have done well in the UAE since the past season

1 hour ago, QuarantineTormentino said:

:hysterical:

To be honest, such record smashing performances in IPL do deserve recognition irrespective of the player's age. Plus Harshal Patel had 50+ Ranji wickets in the 2019-20 season (when it was last played) with around 300 runs and has had a very good domestic career. He can bat a bit as well, something which has been lacking in our LOI lower order.

Picking him directly for the WC doesn't sound like a good idea but why he wasn't picked for the SL LOIs will remain a mystery.

He definitely deserves a chance in the T20Is vs NZ immediately after the T20WC when Bumrah and Shami most likely will be rested. May get absolutely smashed in his first international game and never play another one for India but he's earned himself at least one opportunity, if not more 

Just now, ShoonyaSifar said:

To be honest, such record smashing performances in IPL do deserve recognition irrespective of the player's age. Plus Harshal Patel had 50+ Ranji wickets in the 2019-20 season (when it was last played) with around 300 runs and has had a very good domestic career. He can bat a bit as well, something which has been lacking in our LOI lower order.

Picking him directly for the WC doesn't sound like a good idea but why he wasn't picked for the SL LOIs will remain a mystery.

He definitely deserves a chance in the T20Is vs NZ immediately after the T20WC when Bumrah and Shami most likely will be rested. May get absolutely smashed in his first international game and never play another one for India but he's earned himself at least one opportunity, if not more 

Absolutely, he deserves a chance soon , but not in the t20 World Cup directly. Too risky. I agree that he has been done dirty by not being selected for the SL series

On 10/5/2021 at 3:23 PM, express bowling said:

My Playing 11 after these changes

1. Rohit

2. Venkatesh ( dashing opener cum 6th bowler )

3. Kohli ( just because he is the captain)

4. Rahul ( plays at a higher SR at 4 or 5 )

5. Pant

6. Hardik

7. Jadeja

8. Shardul

9. Siraj / Shami

10. Bumrah

11. Chakravarthy 

I love your XI, but I think Hardik is gone now. The fact he cant bowl really weakens his position in this team. If he was in form, then sure.

Im not 100% convinced on Pant, given current form but comfortable to let him play initially.

My final squad based on a mix of factors such as potential, match winning abilities, role, etc. 

Openers

Kishan - responsible for giving quick starts (also the reserve WK)

Gaikwad - Play positive cricket 

#3-4 (if Kishan gets out, Jadeja can go at 3, if Gaikwad, SKY if L-R combination is to be maintained)

SKY - 360 degrees batting 

Jadeja - can bowl too. Responsible for playing a Moeen type of role 

#5-6 (SDP in if replacing a right hander, Pant in, if replacing a left hander if L-R combination is to be maintained)

SDP (Hardik) - responsible for managing the death overs. can bowl too 

Pant (wk) - responsible for the death overs 

Bowlers:

Thakur - can bat too and useful bowler in middle overs 

Bumrah - for death overs

Siraj - for PP bowling

Varun C - mystery spinner

Avesh K - can bowl at a variety of stages 

Others in the squad (15 members?)

Mayank - can play in both top order (#1-3) and middle order (#4-7)

Arshdeep - left arm pace option if needed in the 11. Can be good at the death 

Bishnoi - leg spinner 

Harshal - in form death over bowler 

3 reserves

Samson - in form, can keep, and good in UAE 

Malik - wild card pace bowler ... or D Chahar 

Axar/R Chahar/Chahal/... - a spinner 

:dance: 

Changes can be done until 15th oct for super 12 teams.. changes can still happen & believe the reports the discussions have already started about pandya & chakraborty as both seem unfit to the team management..

“Varun’s knees are not in the greatest condition. He is in pain and trust me had it not been in a T20 World Cup, perhaps even Indian team management wouldn’t have taken the risk of playing him,” a BCCI source privy to the development told PTI on condition of anonymity.

https://www.news18.com/cricketnext/amp/news/t20-world-cup-2021-bcci-have-5-more-days-to-make-changes-to-squad-report-4309157.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The only change I see that could happen is one spinner less and a pacer brought in, siraj is in red hot form and should have been ahead of bhuvi in the initial squad, maybe Ashwin out and thakur in. Varun, jadeja and axar will start, Hardik will have to start bowling otherwise the team would be slightly in balanced. 1) Rohit 2) Rahul 3) kohli 4) sky 5) pant 6) pandya 7) jadeja 8) axar 9) bumrah 10) Varun 11) shami. Back ups: Kishan, Siraj, chahar, thakur.

Chakravarty should play...he has that X factor that is required.

SDP unfortunately needs to go since he is not bowling and his batting form is awful. The only reason he bowled in SL is to accomodate his brother in the side. A proper batsman or even someone like Shardul Thakur should replace him.

Yuzi Chahal should replace Rahul Chahar. If Mumbai Indians ddidnt had confidence in Chahar, how can he represent India in world cup? Lol

Axar Patel should be replaced with Siraj.

But I know so many changes wont happen as that would make selectors look like a fool with their initial team selection but Pandya change is a must.