What went wrong for Mumbai Indians

sarcastic

I see what :mi: have done here.

They have sacrificed their hat trick for the country. The bulk of the Indian T20 WC side is from :mi:. It makes sense to have them well rested before the tournament. Hence :mi: have decided to not qualify for the play offs and let minnows like CSK, KKR and RCB bask in spot light for an extra week.

Years from now, when people look back at this Indian win in the T20 WC, :mi: 's selfless sacrifice will be remembered.

Go tell the Indians, passers by

Here as Ambani's diktats compel us, we ( :mi:) lie (in defeat).

Edited by Mariyam

At this point with 4 games still to go, :mi: is still in with a chance. However, so far:

a) Law of averages. Difficult to be consistent in every season. Players form change.
b) QdK-Kishan opening p’ship broken. These two were hot last season. Should have persisted with them even at the biz end of the last season.

c) Formulaic captaincy. For e.g. to keep left-right combination, Krunal was sent up the order, leaving too much to do in too little time for Pollard and SDP.

Even if the team has an off season this year (CSK was last yr for e.g.), it is not a big deal!

Kishan should have been sent in to open. Either QDK or Rohit could have batted at 3, which is almost like opening spot. But I guess they don't want let go of the powerplay. SKY has lost form. Pollard is also not doing great. Pandya is not even worth mentioning as he hasn't done anything of late and expectations are super low for him.

20 hours ago, Mariyam said:

They have sacrificed their hat trick for the country. The bulk of the Indian T20 WC side is from :mi:. It makes sense to have them well rested before the tournament. Hence :mi: have decided to not qualify for the play offs and let minnows like CSK, KKR and RCB bask in spot light for an extra week.

Years from now, when people look back at this Indian win in the T20 WC, :mi: 's selfless sacrifice will be remembered.

If things continues like this I suspect they will be a part of WC squad after 10th october. 

what do you mean what went wrong. things are going according to plan. how many times have the mumbai slumdogs look at the brink of going out only to pull a rabbit (by rabbit I mean :money:) out of the hat at the last moment to win 4/5 remaining matches and enter the playoffs and winning the trophy. Pretty much every time. mumbani rules the mafia :money:

22 hours ago, Mariyam said:

How many T20 WCs have we won with :mi: players in our team, since 2007? Bas naam ke vaaste hain yeh! Kaam ke nahin.  

4 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

How many T20 WCs have we won with :mi: players in our team, since 2007? Bas naam ke vaaste hain yeh! Kaam ke nahin.  

Confirmation bias.

How many T20 WCs have we won with players from any IPL sides?

There was a time when our side was mainly CSK players.

The answer is 0.

This is the first time we have a :mi: heavy side. It will work wonders.

:isalute:

4 minutes ago, maniac said:

They didn’t have a fully evolved  Chanakya leading them back then :)

ab trophiyon ki baarish hogi :yay: 

what say @zen

I hope so 

However, any T20 side with all 3 of KL, Kohli and Rohit in it makes me circumspect. Even IPL teams with only 1 each find it difficult to overcome their slow batting at times, team Ind has all 3 :fear1:

12 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

Confirmation bias.

How many T20 WCs have we won with players from any IPL sides?

There was a time when our side was mainly CSK players.

The answer is 0.

This is the first time we have a :mi: heavy side. It will work wonders.

:isalute:

Ok let’s see MI players in our squad

Rohit, SKY, Ishan, BUmrah , Chahar and a half-fit Pandya. 

Ishan might not play with KL and Pant around and our Kaptaan opening. Chahar with Jadeja, Ashwin aur Varun in squad is tough to play. Kahe ke credit le rahein hain MI waale

Anway , agree with you, this is the best T20 squad in last 12 years, India is doing good with IPL clout finally 

Edited by coffee_rules