Coaching Watch: Rahul Dravid.

sandeep

12 minutes ago, sandeep said:

Rested Rahul instead of himself - that's a Rohit call most likely - and I'm not impressed.

Bat first after winning toss? Good.

Playing Bhuvi, Chahar, Harshal as the pace 'attack'?  Not acceptable. 

@maniac Curious to see how you justify this one now?

Your tik tok star and handsome crush is playing today.

You must be happy.

images (56).jpeg

30 minutes ago, sandeep said:

Rested Rahul instead of himself - that's a Rohit call most likely - and I'm not impressed.

Bat first after winning toss? Good.

Playing Bhuvi, Chahar, Harshal as the pace 'attack'?  Not acceptable. 

@maniac Curious to see how you justify this one now?

No justification required it is the most logical decision.

Firstly, the selection committee Is still from the old regime and the new capt-coach combo had no say in this.

Now look at our bench, we mostly have openers instead of middle order. Rohit, Rahul, V.Iyer, RituRaj, Ishan. 

V.Iyer is accommodated in the middle, Rohit is the new captain playing the last game of the series where he will be holding the trophy and he is official captain for the first time. That leaves you with the obvious option of dropping Rahul and accommodating one of Ritu and Ishan. Ishan having the longer utility and a left handed was picked.

I am not happy with the trundler line up either and Siraj is injured so please tell me which fast bowler has been left out.

Batting first is what we all wanted to test ourselves in a dead rubber.

what exactly are you complaining about? 

37 minutes ago, maniac said:

Firstly, the selection committee Is still from the old regime and the new capt-coach combo had no say in this.

Selection committee has zero say in playing XI.  That's primarily captain's call and everybody knows this.  

You are obfuscating once again to protect your crush.  Its getting tiresome how dishonest you get when discussing simple things.   This is the reason why there are times where I lose my patience and temper with you.  The rank dishonesty.  

Edited by sandeep
1 minute ago, sandeep said:

Selection committee has zero say in playing XI.  That's primarily captain's call and everybody knows this.  

You are obfuscating once again to protect your crush.  Its getting tiresome how dishonest you get when discussing simple things.  

looks dishonest because you have an agenda. You still haven’t told me what is a better solution. All I hear is whining and bitching like housewives from a reality show :no: 

3 minutes ago, maniac said:

looks dishonest because you have an agenda. You still haven’t told me what is a better solution. All I hear is whining and bitching like housewives from a reality show :no: 

and what is my "agenda" exactly?  

To deny Rohit Sharma the much needed opportunity to gain "experience" from a dead rubber home t20?  

1 hour ago, sandeep said:

and what is my "agenda" exactly?  

To deny Rohit Sharma the much needed opportunity to gain "experience" from a dead rubber home t20?  

@sandeep

Sandy bhai, your biggest problem, is your HUGELY patronizing attitude that reflects unmistakably in your posts one way or the other. I wonder if it has to do with having a moderator's  "authority".

Cricketing aptitude wise, I will certify you.  5.5/10. You do make it there.

Keep up the good job. :thumb:

6 minutes ago, rangeelaraja said:

@sandeep

Sandy bhai, your biggest problem, is your HUGELY patronizing attitude that reflects unmistakably in your posts one way or the other. I wonder if it has to do with having a moderator's  "authority".

Cricketing aptitude wise, I will certify you.  5.5/10. You do make it there.

Keep up the good job. :thumb:

You aren't wrong.  I do tend to get patronizing at times.  

But this is (was) a known issue long before I volunteered to do the donkey work of being "moderator".  I think its delusional to think there's any "authority" associated with being a mod on a discussion forum.  All it means, is that I have to clean up the trash and feces that others throw around.  I do that, because I care about the site.  

tbh, I agree, being patronizing/condescending is a flaw of mine - one I need to improve on.  But habits are hard to change, as most folks are aware.

But patronizing aside - If you ever feel/find that I have ever taken undue use of being "moderator", please, as a personal favor to me, do bring it to my attention.  I would never, ever want to do that, even accidentally.  

Edited by sandeep
12 minutes ago, sandeep said:

the donkey work of being "moderator".  I think its delusional to think there's any "authority" associated with being a mod on a discussion forum.  All it means, is that I have to clean up the trash and feces that others throw around.  I do that, because I care about the site.  

In all humility, i offer to take some of the burden off you by volunteering.

Happy to do the clean up act. 

The thing that I would do on my first day in this new role as Moderator is to nip the single source of the SDP troubles at ICF.  *Hint hint* :cantstop:

Edited by rangeelaraja
15 minutes ago, sandeep said:

You aren't wrong.  I do tend to get patronizing at times.  

But this is (was) a known issue long before I volunteered to do the donkey work of being "moderator".  I think its delusional to think there's any "authority" associated with being a mod on a discussion forum.  All it means, is that I have to clean up the trash and feces that others throw around.  I do that, because I care about the site.  

tbh, I agree, being patronizing/condescending is a flaw of mine - one I need to improve on.  But habits are hard to change, as most folks are aware.

But patronizing aside - If you ever feel/find that I have ever taken undue use of being "moderator", please, as a personal favor to me, do bring it to my attention.  I would never, ever want to do that, even accidentally.  

if one can control who is still there on site and who isnt,that's authority. Its hard to earn too,so I respect you and other mods for that.

Happy that Iyer got all three games, I don't think this would have happened under Virat/shastri . Ishan getting a game ahead of Kl is another good sign, big change from senior openers not being rested even if we wer playing likes of Zim in a dead rubber 

As for other players picked, obviously not the best playing 11 or even the squad we would have ideally wanted but let's give them some time before judging.

I'll give benefit of doubt as this is his first match, but lack of initiative in selection and tactics has been disappointing. Siraj Over Ishant should've been selected. Also after tea yesterday, our batters should've been given the instructions to take the initiative to score freely, especially when Nz adopted a delaying tactic..It seems to me that Dravid dont want to interfere in onfield decisions, but thats not the right decision.