Sakaria ... Medium

Saini ... Fast

Hardik ... Medium Fast in 2021

1st T20I in SL

Bhuvi ... Medium

Chahar ... Medium

Hardik ... Medium Fast this year

2nd T20I and 3rd T20I

Playing 11 could not be selected wilfully because of Covid in the squad. 

1st T20 vs NZ

Bhuvi ... Medium

Chahar ... Medium

Siraj ... Fast in LOIs

Observations  ....

1. During our SL tour, most of our premier fast bowlers were in England and Dravid did not have access to them.

2.  But Saini was not the first choice despite all all trundler attacks in the first 2 ODIs and 1st T20I in SL.

3.  Avesh was benched in the 1st T20I vs NZ.  It must also be said that he is still uncapped and not a tearaway quick either, but tall Fast-medium.

Conclusion ... We will know Dravid's tendency when he has full access to the frontline fast bowlers.

Edited by express bowling
2 hours ago, diga said:

Munaf Patel, VRV Singh, Sreesanth all debuted under Dravid... call them trundlers if you want

Infact under dravid sreesanth and munaf bounced out Lara and co. We were shaping up well in the pace front with a reassured Zak, sreesanth, rp and a young ishant, dhoni took over Praveen Kumar started leading the odi attack, bhaji became defensive and nehra was brought back in.

2 hours ago, express bowling said:

Pacers selected under Coach Dravid so far

1st ODI in SL

Bhuvi ... Medium

Chahar ... Medium

2nd ODI in SL

Bhuvi ... Medium

Chahar ... Medium

3rd ODI in SL

Sakaria ... Medium

Saini ... Fast

Hardik ... Medium Fast in 2021

1st T20I in SL

Bhuvi ... Medium

Chahar ... Medium

2nd T20I and 3rd T20I

Playing 11 could not be selected wilfully because of Covid in the squad. 

1st T20 vs NZ

Bhuvi ... Medium

Chahar ... Medium

Siraj ... Fast in LOIs

Observations  ....

1. During our SL tour, most of our premier fast bowlers were in England and Dravid did not have access to them.

2.  But Saini was not the first choice despite all all trundler attacks in the first 2 ODIs and 1st T20I in SL.

3.  Avesh was benched in the 1st T20I vs NZ.  It must also be said that he is still uncapped and not a tearaway quick either, but tall Fast-medium.

Conclusion ... We will know Dravid's tendency when he has full access to the frontline fast bowlers.

Dravid who previously has worked with the A and u19 teams should have a bigger say in selection, I agree dravid shouldn't be blamed for the sl series, selectors did not do much homework and randomly congregated pacers and picked a team on the basis of 3 decent 4 over spells by the likes of sakariya, arshdeep and warrier. Until warrier, porel, unadkat carry on getting picked for the A team i wouldn't be surprised if they get picked for internationals, last A tour to NZ warrier, porel and Vijay Shankar played, it's only due to virat and injuries prasidh was picked for the odi's against eng, he wasn't even a regular in the A team, tyagi to I don't think is in the selectors radar, hasn't made his domestic debut yet. 

I see allot of Trundler threads on ICF. I don't see any tearaway fast bowler apart from the Kashmiri guy who played just one season of IPL. After that our next quickest bowlers are Bumrah and Yadav who are already part of the setup. So what's this fuss about pace ? All your IPL performers are grade A Trundlers like Harshal & Arshdeep? So what's the big deal ? In the words of the great crime master gogo, "Yeh Trundler Trundler kya hai ? Yeh Trundler Trundler?"

1 hour ago, Sean Bradley said:

I see allot of Trundler threads on ICF. I don't see any tearaway fast bowler apart from the Kashmiri guy who played just one season of IPL. After that our next quickest bowlers are Bumrah and Yadav who are already part of the setup. So what's this fuss about pace ? All your IPL performers are grade A Trundlers like Harshal & Arshdeep? So what's the big deal ? In the words of the great crime master gogo, "Yeh Trundler Trundler kya hai ? Yeh Trundler Trundler?"

Among prominent pacers ....

Express ....

.. Umran

.. Saini from 2018 to 2020, may pick up speed again

Fast ....

.. Bumrah

.. Umesh ( was express till 2017 )

.. Siraj in white ball cricket and some tests in Asia

.. Prasidh

.. Shami till 2020, may pick up speed again

.. Tyagi has the potential

.. Nagarkoti

.. Aaron ( was express till 2017 )

.. Nathu ( not playing this year )

Fast-medium ....

.. Shami in 2021

.. Siraj in tests outside Asia

.. Avesh

.. Ishant till 2020

.. Mavi  ( he was fast in 2018 and 2019 )

.. Khaleel

.. Kuldeep Sen

.. Deshpande

.. Thampi

.. Sangwan

.. Yarra Prithviraj

Medium pacers ....

.. Bhuvi

.. D.Chahar

.. Shardul  (  was Fast-Medium till early 2020 )

.. Ishant in 2021

.. Harshal

.. Natarajan

.. Unadkat

.. Porel 

.. Arshdeep

.. Sakaria 

.. Nagaswalla ( probably )

.. Warrier ( was Fast medium till 2019 )

4 hours ago, Mesky99 said:

Dravid who previously has worked with the A and u19 teams should have a bigger say in selection, I agree dravid shouldn't be blamed for the sl series, selectors did not do much homework and randomly congregated pacers and picked a team on the basis of 3 decent 4 over spells by the likes of sakariya, arshdeep and warrier. Until warrier, porel, unadkat carry on getting picked for the A team i wouldn't be surprised if they get picked for internationals, last A tour to NZ warrier, porel and Vijay Shankar played, it's only due to virat and injuries prasidh was picked for the odi's against eng, he wasn't even a regular in the A team, tyagi to I don't think is in the selectors radar, hasn't made his domestic debut yet. 

Porel, Nagaswala and Warrier have blocked important spots in A teams. I will be very surprised if they become sub-26 averaging pacers in any format.

The biggest impediment to building a top fast bowling attack are trundlers who perform in domestics and fail later on.

P.S .. I want to see Nagaswalla in an actual match before forming a definitive opinion. Till now I have watched only a few videos.

1 hour ago, Mesky99 said:

Kartik made his domestic debut when was 16-17.