Who should partner Ishant Sharma in pace bowling department for the test match

sarcastic

Pace bowling  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want as pace bowling duo

• Ishant and Siraj
    • Ishant and Shami
    • Shami and Siraj

So, according to the cricbuzz article https://www.cricbuzz.com/live-cricket-scores/38582/ind-vs-nz-1st-test-new-zealand-tour-of-india-2021, only one of Siraj or Umesh will play along with Ishant in the final XI.

I will pick Siraj over Umesh for the sheer strides that Siraj has made in the recent past.

Umesh is good too but we cannot pack three pace bowlers for a test match in India.

Who do you think should play in the Kanpur test match?

2 hours ago, First class said:

Umesh is better than Siraj, no question about that . He is the most underrated fast bowler to play for India in recent times , every test is a trial match for him. 

It is so sad. Dude averages 23 in India. 

He is criminally underrated and criminally unused oversea too. 

He barely played in England. Averages 24 there. He only has issues with kookaburra ball which he has worked on. 

Are you related to Ishant or something? The guy's a *ing liability these days, not to mention he was shite in India always!

View overall figures [change view]
Primary team India 
Home or away home venue
Start of match date greater than or equal to 1 Jan 2011
Type of bowler (by style) pace bowler
Qualifications wickets taken greater than or equal to 50
Ordered by bowling average (ascending)
Page 1 of 1 Showing 1 - 3 of 3   First  Previous Next Last  Return to query menu Cleared query menu
Overall figures
Player Span Mat Inns Overs Mdns Runs Wkts BBI BBM Ave Econ SR 5 10  
Mohammed Shami 2013-2019 16 32 438.4 94 1307 62 5/35 9/118 21.08 2.97 42.4 2 0  
UT Yadav 2011-2019 28 56 731.5 129 2356 96 6/88 10/133 24.54 3.21 45.7 2 1  
I Sharma 2011-2021 28 52 707.3 176 1932 58 5/22 9/78 33.31 2.73 73.1 1 0  
Edited by R!TTER
13 hours ago, Cricspin said:

Umesh should play. 

Also why does Ishant needs to play ?? If Umesh played that many tests, he would have taken more wickets than Ishant.  I know Umesh is called spray gun but his strike rate is 50 compared to 61 of Ishant. That is a huge difference. Umesh also averages better than Ishant overall.

At this point Siraj should play all our tests when fit.

I have no generic issue with Ishant when others are not available but he is definitely a no.5 choice after Bumrah, Siraj/Shami, Umesh.. Hell he should retire gracefully. 311 wickets in 104 tests is nothing to brag about.

Agree, had Umesh played that many tests as Ishant did, he would have been one of the best among the current fastmen in the world by now, he had the potential . Ishant started his career at a very young age ,  I remember everyone in India got excited when they say a very tall fast bowler in under 19 team, hence he was fast tracked . Ishant could have done better than 311 wickets in 104 tests . He has everything for a fast bowler, very good height, good runup and action and decent pace, but learnt to put the ball at right spot after many many tests.  Umesh learnt this art much quicker. Being a fast bowler myself during my days of club cricket, I like Umesh's runup and action the most among the Indian fast bowlers of recent time . My other favorites with good action are Saini and young Tyagi . 

11 hours ago, express bowling said:

I would have picked 

Siraj and Umesh. (  provided Siraj is fit )

Actually its blessing in disguise. Ishant needs to work on Indian pitches too. He has been allready proven not better than Umesh and Siraj in English conditions. So we can say bye bye to him

40 minutes ago, Adamant said:

Oh ok, now I can understand how we won in Aus. 

Kohli picks team even when Rahane is the captain (as you said) and that's why we won in Australia. 

Thanks.

The GOAT asian captain for a reason. 

Hypocrisy at its best. 

Huge difference in Kohli leaving a country compared to taking the first test off.

No, I dont give a f**k who any player plays for which IPL.

Kohli is finished.