'Utter disrespect': Twitter enraged at BCCI, Ganguly for 'sacking' Virat Kohli

sarcastic

Respect for Kohli  

60 members have voted

1. 1. Was sacking of Virat the ODI captain done disrespectfully by BCCI/Ganguly?

• Yes, a player of such stature cannot be sacked as captain. He can only be convinced to relinquish his captaincy but not fired from the position.
    • The BCCI is right in its decision. However, they could have been more professional like informing him ahead of time and thanking him for his services etc.
    • No, BCCI is not disrespectful in any way but completely justified in its action. In fact, this action is already 2 years overdue.

1 minute ago, Dery said:

For me it seems like the two losses to Pak in ICC tournaments cost Kohli his captaincy.  I think the old guard at BCCI who built that legacy over the years must have been pissed off. :nervous:

Its the arrogance and high handedness with BCCI top guns & selectors which he brought upon himself the wrath.  If he clings on to his  BIG EGO further , Aur Zaleel ho jayega .  

10 minutes ago, mancalledsting said:

It's not as if Australia won the 50 over world cup by Michael Clarke being test and odi captain only. 

True but Michael Clarke retired from T20Is in January 2011 itself saying he did not want to play T20Is. 
He is appointed as test and ODI captain later in that year after world cup 2011. 
In the early years of T20s, the big established players did not choose to play  T20s too much at the fag end of their careers like SRT, Dravid, Ganguly from India or Ponting from Australia. So, they basically let the youngsters play this new format and the captain is chosen from the youngsters. In case of India, MSD became captain of ODI immediately (as seniors were not interested) and an year later in tests. In Clarke's case, he could be leading all three formats when Ponting resigned in 2011 if he did not retire from T20Is. 

Virat did not retire from T20Is and our T20I team and ODI teams are very similar. It is very impractical having two leaders there for two similar looking teams.

Fundamentally, he said "Understanding workload is a very important thing and considering my immense workload over the last 8-9 years playing all three formats and captaining regularly for last five to six years, I feel I need to give myself space to be fully ready to lead Indian team in Test and ODI cricket"

The workload of captaining T20Is is basically nothing as it is a smaller game and saying he is relinquishing T20I captaincy for work load management does not make sense. He could as well offload his ODI captaincy and then focus on his batting. 

Either he should take the work load or if he wants to offload it, he should resign both white ball captaincies and focus on his red ball captaincy which he is doing well.

36 minutes ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

Kohli's zero iq PR jokers think ICF is toxic. Anyone who doesn't hail clown as GOAT captain (yet to win a series in SENA, only achievement being a 2-1* (vs weak Australia) and 2-1* lead as of now in England) and points out gaping holes in his leadership style is obnoxious as per these jokers.

Rassi jal gayi par ainthan nahi gayi.

bolne-de-takleef-hua-hai-bechare-ko.jpg