Chahal's comeback?

vvvslaxman

Is he the only spinner in the whole of india who can’t hold his bat. Even Kuldeep has few scores and a fc century.. i cant think of any other spinner from india other than muscleman venkatpathy kaju who was so abject in batting. I mean looking back we had crapstars like bahutule, nilesh k, ashish kapoor, chawla, mishra etc who all could bat..

On 12/22/2021 at 7:17 PM, neel roy said:

Is he the only spinner in the whole of india who can’t hold his bat. Even Kuldeep has few scores and a fc century.. i cant think of any other spinner from india other than muscleman venkatpathy kaju who was so abject in batting. I mean looking back we had crapstars like bahutule, nilesh k, ashish kapoor, chawla, mishra etc who all could bat..

yes, he is the worst among modern spinners in India. The rest bat quite well - the last rabbit was Pragyan Ojha, who was additionally a chucker.

11 hours ago, neel roy said:

Irony is Ojha will always be remembered for his batting with laxman in that test against Australia than his bowling.. 

I also remember some of his bowling performances, which were pretty good in india. I agree that his batting performance, and VVS yelling at him, is memorable.

Chahal is a known IPL over achiever. His records for India over the last 3 years in T20I are quite poor, while at the same time he was doing well in the IPL. If we pick one spinner who can't bat in the team, then at the current moment, I would prefer Kuldeep as Kuldeep has a pretty good record in Aus. 

6 hours ago, Texan said:

Chahal is a known IPL over achiever. His records for India over the last 3 years in T20I are quite poor, while at the same time he was doing well in the IPL. If we pick one spinner who can't bat in the team, then at the current moment, I would prefer Kuldeep as Kuldeep has a pretty good record in Aus. 

He has come back well since Vijay hazare.  On large Australian grounds he could be in play alongwith Kuldeep.  Pick them both.  They can even atlernate them. pLay both against certain sides.