Predict the winner  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Which Party will form Govt in UP?

• BJP
    • Samajwadi Party
    • BSP
    • Congress
    • Others
  2. 2. Which Party will form Govt in Punjab?

3. 3. Which Party will form Govt in Uttarakhand, Goa & Manipur?

• BJP in all 3 states
    • BJP in Manipur only but lose other two states
    • Congress will win Uttarakhand and Goa
    • Other

8 minutes ago, ravishingravi said:

No. But I might be forced to accept that you dont actually read before replying. You can quote from my posts and find the words "corrupt" or "served people". It would be fun to see how you concluded this. 

I believe that no one could be perfect, and everyone will show some shortcomings. 

Therefore, I have no problem with what you said (as no one is perfect), but I got a problem with what you didn't make clear for a layman like me (i.e. either AAP performed better than the previous governments or not). 

41 minutes ago, Alam_dar said:

I believe that no one could be perfect, and everyone will show some shortcomings. 

Therefore, I have no problem with what you said (as no one is perfect), but I got a problem with what you didn't make clear for a layman like me (i.e. either AAP performed better than the previous governments or not). 

Your retort started with freebies and now you are asking if AAP performed better than previous govt. These are two seperate topics. 

Previous govt was given 3 terms and was also generally loved by people esp CM. So perfomed better has to be defined better. 

Putting in generic terms since you might not have total context, I would break perfomance in following categories vs previous govt. 

1) Medical - Good

2) corruption - Good

3) Last mile delivery - Good

4) Law and Order - Not Applicable

5) Financial administration - Bad

6) New Industries / Start up - Bad 

7) Education - No change  

8) Party Politics - No change. 

9) Environment - Bad 

23 hours ago, Mariyam said:

If this article is to be believed,

[quote] 

Delhi’s governance model under AAP, despite these cuts, was able to overcome some of these shortcomings by announcing a 106% increase in government allocation on education in its very first budget. The increase in funds have allowed government schools across Delhi to construct over 8,000 new classrooms and more than 12,000 classrooms have been upgraded with new amenities (for laboratories, conference facilities etc). Efforts have been taken to improve the in-class performance of teachers and staff, including an exercise of sending more than 200 teachers to receive pedagogical training at the National Institute of Education in Singapore.[/quote]

It is an interesting read. On the alleged profligacy of the Delhi AAP government.

Yam, The soft peddling is understandable considering the source. But I m used  to now informed journalists quoting absolutes when they should provide  relative / Percentage. I believe only Gadkari transparently provides data that shows perfomance not absolutes. 8,000 classrooms. Is that high or low number ? I cannot say. Unless we know similar data for previous govts and similar data for state of similar size and dynamics. The problem in Delhi as I understood was lack of school and lack of affordability to quality education. Is there a KPI to show how these specifics have been addressed ?

Edited by ravishingravi

The Hindu women are being more independent and have their own political decisions. They do not always follow what the man in the house is doing. When can that be said about Muslim women? Will they ever be independent?

It's one thing to not vote BJP, but voting for the other party just because it is anti-BJP is shameless. Elections should be about pro-reasons, not anti.

On 3/13/2022 at 4:12 AM, ravishingravi said:

@mishra

He is right cent percent. For example, Yogiji relied heavily on Keshva Prasad Maurya while Dinesh Sharma was sidelined. Keshav Prasad Maurya deputy CM was most corrupt person under Yogiji. He rightly lost the election. And apart from Yogiji and BJP, everyone in UP knows that He was corrupt. And they know that within 1-2 years of last Yogi Government. And that needs to be fixed along with all those Rajnath Singh cronies

Edited by mishra

On 3/13/2022 at 12:47 PM, someone said:

The Hindu women are being more independent and have their own political decisions. They do not always follow what the man in the house is doing. When can that be said about Muslim women? Will they ever be independent?

It's one thing to not vote BJP, but voting for the other party just because it is anti-BJP is shameless. Elections should be about pro-reasons, not anti.

We need to first convince them that bee keeper suit is not required in modern society or even as per their book. But I must be honest. I would rather trust women more than men here. 

27 minutes ago, Clarke said:

Which post was Rahul Gandhi going to resign from? Did he forget that he already resigned two years ago? :confused:

https://www.tribuneindia.com/news/punjab/channi-sidhu-behind-defeat-says-ex-minister-377572

The former minister said the third mistake was refusing to appoint Jakhar as the Chief Minister, despite the support of an overwhelming majority of the party MLAs just because he was a Hindu, despite Congress having a pure secular character and culture. “If the Congress had believed in politics of religion, then Giani Zail Singh wouldn’t be the President, Dr Manmohan Singh wouldn’t be the Prime Minister and Buta Singh wouldn’t be the Home Minister,” he pointed out.

Secular Party :hug:

Since 1966 when Punjab was divided into Hindi-speaking Haryana and Punjabi-speaking Punjab, there has never been a non-Sikh Chief Minister of Punjab.

Christian Ambika Soni advised Roman Catholic Sonia Gandhi that a Hindu cannot be the Chief Minister of majority Sikh (57%) Punjab even though Hindus form a significant minority (38%) in the state.

It was still okay for Sonia Gandhi to have a Sikh Prime Minister for India for 10 consecutive years even though Sikhs only form 1.7% of the Indian population, but not okay to have a Hindu CM in majority Sikh Punjab.

Kudos to the self professed "guardians of secularism"! :bow:

11 hours ago, velu said:

vanniyars mostly favor DMK and then PMK ..

DMK media is too strong and they mostly attack bjp than admk ( bypassing admk ) , bjp needs todo a lot to make inroads 

Not sure if they will favour dmk with vck in their alliance...

On 3/28/2022 at 6:38 AM, bharathh said:

If the current govt doesn't get justice to the family not sure wht is the point of having a BJP govt. 

Trust Bulldozer ji on this. Not just danda, He will use his favourite bulldozer too.