India vs westindies series update squad announced

tweaker

10 hours ago, tweaker said:

India’s squad for ODI series vs WI

Rohit Sharma (Capt), KL Rahul (vc), Ruturaj Gaikwad, Shikhar, Virat Kohli, Surya Kumar Yadav, Shreyas Iyer, Deepak Hooda, Rishabh Pant (wk), D Chahar, Shardul Thakur, Y Chahal, Kuldeep Yadav, Washington Sundar, Ravi Bishnoi, Mohd. Siraj, Prasidh Krishna, Avesh Khan

Only trundlers here are Shardul & Chahar... but then they are also bowling allrounders 

People are over estimating batting of Deepak Chahar and Shardul Thakur especially the latter. I am not sure if Kuldeep has done anything spectacular to make a comeback. He was my favorite and so I pray for his success but it looks difficult. 
 Where's Shaw? The famed Mumbai lobby not working?  Deepak Hooda is a mediocre batsman. Can only bash spinner.
Where's Umran Malik? What's the point of Bhuvi.
Deepak and Thakur have done well with the bat in the chances they got. In fact these guys are better than V.Iyer. V.Iyer's bowling is nothing when compared to these two.

Sent from my CPH1819 using Tapatalk

Who will be no 6 and no 7 in our ODI team though?

In Rahul's absence, I would go with Washington at 5, SKY at 6, Shardul and Deepak at 7 and 8.

But in last two ODIs, it is a problem as SKY doesn't bowl and Sundar/S Iyer is not a no 6.

Edited by Majestic

These chutiyas would never punish top 3 who combined couldn't able to win a single ICC trophy... all the are doing since 2017 onwards is rotating middle order but never punished or changed the top 3 position. Kohli , Rohit ,Dhawan shamelessly acquired their top 3 position, what business do they have in playing meaningless biletral. BCCI is such a fuddu orgainization and selectors are utter useless that they keep playing these shameless oldies in all series. What would kohli do in t20 bloddy he is pedestrian in odi itslef.

9 hours ago, anish2tweet said:

Why include him when Deepak Chahar and Shardul have shown a glimpse of their batting abilities? Obviously they are better bowlers than V.Iyer.

It doesn't have to be an either/or thing. Theoretically you want Chahar and Shardul both to replace the impact of 1 LO batsman eg Pandya but Venky was supposed to be that player. At least get the chance to become that. 

When it really matters these bowlers who can also bat won't really help us in a difficult situation. In t20s at least you don't sacrifice bowling for batting depth since it's rare you will get bowled out anyway.

TM seems to be stuck in the 90s, early 00s when bilaterals had some importance and recall value in the public memory. They priotize winning it over trying out different combinations. One look at the WI England games is enough to see where we are going wrong.

Edited by rollingstoned

Venky Iyer is a below par ODI batsman and a Ganguly level ODI bowler. They should have picked him in the squad as it is unfair to drop him after 2 games but Washington Sundar was always ahead in reckoning and Venky was there due to injuries of Pandya, Jadeja and Washington.

Obviously, what goes against management is that they have picked Hooda and left him so this means that they have simply discarded him. But discarding him is not a bad choice in my opinion as he is not up there for the ODI format. 

This hooda type of selection would be complete failure... They are not touching the root cause of all problem all they are doing since 2017 is changing few player here and there in lower middle order or playing marry go round there. This is such a bs process rins and repeat even a little knowledgeable person will know who are the main culprit of icc debacle but they don't have balls to touch them. Why no ask these seniors to sit ask them to enjoy holiday rather than having them for stats padding. They do stats padding through out the year and then fail right at the moment when you need them to pad stats. Problem is they are not ready to change top 3 even in t20. We are going to loose t20 wc with kohli and hahul as top3 you heard it first.

27 minutes ago, raki05 said:

This hooda type of selection would be complete failure... They are not touching the root cause of all problem all they are doing since 2017 is changing few player here and there in lower middle order or playing marry go round there. This is such a bs process rins and repeat even a little knowledgeable person will know who are the main culprit of icc debacle but they don't have balls to touch them. Why no ask these seniors to sit ask them to enjoy holiday rather than having them for stats padding. They do stats padding through out the year and then fail right at the moment when you need them to pad stats. Problem is they are not ready to change top 3 even in t20. We are going to loose t20 wc with kohli and hahul as top3 you heard it first.

Not lose.. We will get thrashed badly. Epic humiliation coming up. 

India’s squad for ODI series vs WI

Rohit Sharma (Capt), KL Rahul (vc), Ruturaj Gaikwad, Shikhar, Virat Kohli, Surya Kumar Yadav, Shreyas Iyer, Deepak Hooda, Rishabh Pant (wk), D Chahar, Shardul Thakur, Y Chahal, Kuldeep Yadav, Washington Sundar, Ravi Bishnoi, Mohd. Siraj, Prasidh Krishna, Avesh Khan

No experienced fast bowler in the team? Combined experience of