Australia tour of Pakistan - 3 tests, 3 ODIs and 1 t20i

9 minutes ago, Jay said:

Is he even better than Rahul in any format? I don't even rate Rahul all that high. 

I don't think he is, but Rahul has had some bad slumps that knock his career numbers down.  Never mind the fact that Rahul has scored clutch runs opening in test cricket, home and away, while Babar is coddled in the middle order...

2 minutes ago, sandeep said:

I don't think he is, but Rahul has had some bad slumps that knock his career numbers down.  Never mind the fact that Rahul has scored clutch runs opening in test cricket, home and away, while Babar is coddled in the middle order...

I really do believe in Rahul the middle order player. I should have made that clear. I think he Is good at 4 /5 in tests and odi. Even t20. He should never open. Unless it's a turner. He just doesn't have the quality to open vs swing. He suckd as an opner. I am sure babar would be a bad opener too. Rahul is solid in the middle. I truly believe a better player than babar in middle order. 

Edited by Jay
9 minutes ago, Jay said:

I really do believe in Rahul the middle order player. I should have made that clear. I think he Is good at 4 /5 in tests and odi. Even t20. He should never open. Unless it's a turner. He just doesn't have the quality to open vs swing. He suckd as an opner. I am sure babar would be a bad opener too. Rahul is solid in the middle. I truly believe a better player than babar in middle order. 

I disagree - I believe in Rahul as an overall complete batsman.  He played really well for India as an opener early on.  He modified his technique and batting style to become a more effective hitter in white ball, and that impacted his performance against the new red ball.  But overall I believe in his ability.

1 minute ago, sandeep said:

I disagree - I believe in Rahul as an overall complete batsman.  He played really well for India as an opener early on.  He modified his technique and batting style to become a more effective hitter in white ball, and that impacted his performance against the new red ball.  But overall I believe in his ability.

That's true. Same happened with mayank. Mayank was very good vs australia in 2018 with a different stance and technique. After IPL exploits and LOI ambition he changed his entire technique. 

Rahul should feature in the middle if he cant adjust his technique accordingly based on the format. I definitely think he is useless vs swing. Enough evidence to support that barring 2 games vs england in those conditions.

5 minutes ago, Jay said:

That's true. Same happened with mayank. Mayank was very good vs australia in 2018 with a different stance and technique. After IPL exploits and LOI ambition he changed his entire technique. 

Rahul should feature in the middle if he cant adjust his technique accordingly based on the format. I definitely think he is useless vs swing. Enough evidence to support that barring 2 games vs england in those conditions.

Problem with Rahul has never been batting ability.  Its his temperament and mental strength.  That's why once he gets himself in a slump, they just seem to go on and on.  Same thing wit his 'confusion' about strike rates and pacing his innings.  He decided to aim at being a big daddy hundred type of ODI batsman instead of playing his natural game, and in the process is neither here nor there.  

Rahul is a guy who needs a strong secure captain - someone like 2002-2004 Ganguly, or prime Dhoni.  Someone who would help him free himself from self-imposed silliness and overthinking and just bat.  Along with a fair opportunity at being an all format top order batsman.  Instead, we have insecure Virat and his politics forcing him to become a wicket keeper simply to get a slot in the team.  No wonder he's doing what he's doing.

5 minutes ago, sandeep said:

Problem with Rahul has never been batting ability.  Its his temperament and mental strength.  That's why once he gets himself in a slump, they just seem to go on and on.  Same thing wit his 'confusion' about strike rates and pacing his innings.  He decided to aim at being a big daddy hundred type of ODI batsman instead of playing his natural game, and in the process is neither here nor there.  

Rahul is a guy who needs a strong secure captain - someone like 2002-2004 Ganguly, or prime Dhoni.  Someone who would help him free himself from self-imposed silliness and overthinking and just bat.  Along with a fair opportunity at being an all format top order batsman.  Instead, we have insecure Virat and his politics forcing him to become a wicket keeper simply to get a slot in the team.  No wonder he's doing what he's doing.

Are you kidding me, how the heck kohli was insecure about Rahul.That is utter nonsense that Kohli was insecure about bozo like Rahul. 

19 minutes ago, putrevus said:

Are you kidding me, how the heck kohli was insecure about Rahul.That is utter nonsense that Kohli was insecure about bozo like Rahul. 

Yes, yes, we know for you kuptaan Wrogn can do no wrong.  Lets agree to disagree and move along now.

Was reading about Viv & babar comparison by some random cricinfo expert and he said viv played in era where there was no technology to exploit his weakness. Lol viv used to play way quicker almost 50 years ago than zimbabar can even dream of playing in current era. Playing with strike rate of 70s at home against worst Australian bowling attack i have seen in odis with all the modern equipments.

Edited by Nikola
21 minutes ago, Nikola said:

Was reading about Viv & babar comparison by some random cricinfo expert and he said viv played in era where there was no technology to exploit his weakness. Lol viv used to play way quicker almost 50 years ago than zimbabar can even dream of playing in current era. Playing with strike rate of 70s at home against worst Australian bowling attack i have seen in odis with all the modern equipments.

Actually he is the biggest stat padder in their side,but escapes criticism because of most obvious serial offenders like Imami

I think Pakistan are mentally checked out. Same as India after they lost the test series. Just lost all desire to win the usless loi format in a meaningless game. 

Remember India won all formats in 2018 after test series win in Australia. 

Edited by Jay
11 hours ago, Nikola said:

If Viv used present day bats, the ball would fly out of the stadium. In his time, only he, Botham, and Kapil had the ability to send the ball over the fence on mishits. The one knock against Viv was that he didn't have to face the WI attack  but that's not his fault.