Sarfaraz Khan

1 hour ago, singhvivek141 said:

Tbh..he often looks fidgety as well.

Not as much as DK, but he does have.

That will be a thing to see when the things start to go tough, or when he is in alien conditions which isn't conducive to his style.

Yeah seems a slightly nervous starter. Wants to get off 0 as early as possible.

How he handles bounce in the overseas games, when he gets a chance, will be key IMO. He's played some pretty good counter attacking knocks in seaming conditions at FC level, so that bodes well I hope. 

2 hours ago, singhvivek141 said:

Tbh..he often looks fidgety as well.

Not as much as DK, but he does have.

That will be a thing to see when the things start to go tough, or when he is in alien conditions which isn't conducive to his style.

he will not do well in Oz and SA, I think. however, his father has trained him vs swing decently, so should do well enough in NZ and Eng, where pitches are getting flatter.

10 hours ago, express bowling said:

Does he have anger issues at such a young age  ?

Was very angry for a long time when Jaiswal did not run with intent. 

This can be a problem vs teams like Aus. They are going to needle him - and not just on cricket but things like his weight.

He needs to be alerted to that.

6 hours ago, Vijy said:

he will not do well in Oz and SA, I think. however, his father has trained him vs swing decently, so should do well enough in NZ and Eng, where pitches are getting flatter.

Mindset matters. He is a compulsive stroke player unlike Pujara who was willing to take the blow to his body as he knew he cannot hook high speed bouncers for four or six. That worked in his favor. But Sarfraz has to learn to leave the ball like Murali vijay did. 

55 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

Mindset matters. He is a compulsive stroke player unlike Pujara who was willing to take the blow to his body as he knew he cannot hook high speed bouncers for four or six. That worked in his favor. But Sarfraz has to learn to leave the ball like Murali vijay did. 

he is not the same kind of player murali vijay is. and I don't think trying to become someone that diff will work. Dravid cannot become Sehwag and vice versa

22 minutes ago, Vijy said:

he is not the same kind of player murali vijay is. and I don't think trying to become someone that diff will work. Dravid cannot become Sehwag and vice versa

If he has to adapt he has to learn to leave the ball. I remember KOhli trying to do what Murali vijay did first time in England. But he well left straight balls and got bowled. It took a while for him to adapt.

1 hour ago, vvvslaxman said:

If he has to adapt he has to learn to leave the ball. I remember KOhli trying to do what Murali vijay did first time in England. But he well left straight balls and got bowled. It took a while for him to adapt.

of course, every batter should know how to leave the ball, but expecting sarfaraz or other Ind batters to indulge in as much leaving as Murali Vijay is unrealistic

We don't need another Murali vijay , he was as useless  and meek as they come.He was one of main reasons why Indian batting became meek in last decade.

Players like him will never win matches.When surviving is only your goal, it defeats whole purpose of batting.he stunk in all most every country other than India.

Sarfraz has unique ability to rotate strike, as long as he can do that , he should be fine in any country.

Edited by putrevus
13 minutes ago, putrevus said:

We don't need another Murali vijay , he was as useless  and meek as they come.He was one of main reasons why Indian batting became meek in last decade.

Players like him will never win matches.When surviving is only your goal, it defeats whole purpose of batting.he stunk in all most every country other than India.

Sarfraz has unique ability to rotate strike, as long as he can do that , he should be fine in any country.

:phehe: