Imagine if Roy-Butler-Stokes were Indian players

34 minutes ago, sage said:

Didn't realise Buttler had such a horrible start

A lot of top international player had it 

Kallis in test , i think had a very **** record till 20 test or same ....i think even shakib 

Symonds was avg 23 till around 55 matches 

Atappatu i think had 5 ducks. 

Yuvi avg below 30 till almost 110-120 games. 

Many fans don't even understand IPL performances where players usually do well in 3-5 games out of 14-17. They remember these 3-5 games and then in every Ind series, which can be a 3-5 game series, these fans talk about players not performing like in IPL :rofl: 

9 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

naa i want you to be less hypocrite, Its just not kohli even dhawan

I also want u to understand the term called "bad form" specially you

Dhawan at 36 is light years better than lolhi. He is also clutch unlike lolhi. But he is washed up now. We just cannot have 3 old farts playing together. Just not possible to win. 

Only one from rohitaa dhawan should play. 

Definitely not lolhi. 

I remember Stokes at 21-22 smashing a Ton vs Aus in Perth in Johnson Ashes.  Any Indian would enjoy stardom instantly after such an effort. 

Buttler was indeed given long run... 

It doesn't justifies anything regarding to Kohli though...  He isn't naturally that talented.  And we have better player sitting out.  Both Stokes Buttler are mor younger than lolli too. 

2 hours ago, Lone Wolf said:

I remember Stokes at 21-22 smashing a Ton vs Aus in Perth in Johnson Ashes.  Any Indian would enjoy stardom instantly after such an effort. 

Buttler was indeed given long run... 

It doesn't justifies anything regarding to Kohli though...  He isn't naturally that talented.  And we have better player sitting out.  Both Stokes Buttler are mor younger than lolli too. 

England doesn't give long rope to everyone. Sometimes they are forced to give with not much options. Sometimes they replace when they can. Sibley, Burns are few such playees.Australia to balance the side backed Mitch Marsh despite having a bad series in BD. It paid off in world T20 partly due to easier batting conditions in the 2nd half.

Stokes and buttler did fail but they were quite young and England saw potential in them. You are talking period from decade ago where even india backed guys like Parthiv Patel (Played: 24, avg: 27), Murli Vijay (P: 17, avg: 21), Dinesh Karthik Played 94 odi matches with avg of 30 and sr of 73! even rohit used to average like 28-29 for first 80 odd matches in odis before he took off. If buttler and stokes were indian players and would have played at same time then they too would have got their fair chance to prove. Pant himself has played 51 matches with avg of 22 and strike rate of 124.

51 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

England doesn't give long rope to everyone. Sometimes they are forced to give with not much options. Sometimes they replace when they can. Sibley, Burns are few such playees.Australia to balance the side backed Mitch Marsh despite having a bad series in BD. It paid off in world T20 partly due to easier batting conditions in the 2nd half.

Yeah more or less...  Someone like Lolli failing since 2.5 years in Test cricket or Gujara will be instantly kicked out by ECB.  That's the culture they have in Test cricket. They made several harsh calls after 2015 WC...  And now they are past their peak.  Others have catches up or surpassed them. 

14 minutes ago, Nikola said:

Stokes and buttler did fail but they were quite young and England saw potential in them. You are talking period from decade ago where even india backed guys like Parthiv Patel (Played: 24, avg: 27), Murli Vijay (P: 17, avg: 21), Dinesh Karthik Played 94 odi matches with avg of 30 and sr of 73! even rohit used to average like 28-29 for first 80 odd matches in odis before he took off. If buttler and stokes were indian players and would have played at same time then they too would have got their fair chance to prove. Pant himself has played 51 matches with avg of 22 and strike rate of 124.

India backed an average bowler/ below average batsman called Jadeja for years before he finally started performing great in one format(tests).  India would die to have dynamic batsman like Butler and "genuinely potential great" allrounder like Stokes. For God sake we are carrying Pandya for years now with not much significant contribution in Internationals.