Whats happening to Dear Lizzie?

Vickydev

5 hours ago, gattaca said:

Why are folks RIPing a British royalty who pillaged Indians and cause of many famines and starved to death millions and looted our resources and sold many as slaves, forced a partition that killed many ? 

@coffee_rules @Vickydev 

You guys earn the anti nationals badge

You could see that, post English Revolution, Crown is almost like a rubber stamp. It is the Parliament and Prime Minister doing all the crap in the name of crown. 

9 hours ago, BacktoCricaddict said:

If she passes, they should just dissolve the whole, nauseating idea of royalty and send Charlie into a government-owned retirement community to spend his last years. 

Saw some CNN coverage. They got   this black Brit lady who was telling us to sympathize with how Charles is in mourning, but still had to attend to official duties as someone to take over the most important position of the world!! Really?  King of England? Nobody cares for that position, politically or strategically. Truly BBC and Liberal media is going nuts over this monarchical crisis. BBC thinks the energy crisis is secondary to  this transition.

5 minutes ago, gattaca said:

The PM still reports to the crown has regular meetings 

Nahi yaar it is all ceremonial. Just like the figure head of India, supreme commander of our armed forces, the president has no say in policy matters. She is also the head of 70+ nations like Canada, NZ or Australia. 

4 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

Never say Brit Monarchy delivered us like the Periyarites. But QE was after 1952, post-colonial history. Don’t have the same sentiments as for those in the late 19th century or early 20th century . But I don’t understand our liberals going Gaga over her legacy. Look at this namoona. Fail to understand this adulation from Indians. It’s either this or utter disdain like yours.

Shock jock who makes her money through sensationalism. There are a fair few nowadays. I guess doing this makes her look international

It's sad when anyone dies - be it a supposed royal or a homeless pauper.  So, R I P, Q E II. 

Having said that, it is not super-saddening.  She lived a full, privileged life.  I am sure it came with certain trappings and a lack of personal freedom, but living to be 96 itself is a privilege, plus having 100s of people at your beck and call to take care of all your needs from cooking for you to tying your shoelaces - 8 billion others probably want that.

Now, this obsession with royalty is nauseating.  We Indians have been obsessed with it for sure - I mean just look at the IPL team names - but the rest of the world is just as obsessed if not more, specifically with this particular royalty.  Descendants of Americans, who were subjugated by England and freed themselves, are now crying like they lost their own grandma.  Of course, that obsession has been monetized effortlessly.  My B I L, who lives in the UK, was telling me a few months ago that the exchequer spends 500 million pounds per year on royalty expenses, but gets back 2 Billion pounds in tourism directly associated with royalty.  That's a great R O I. 

Bottom line: Obsession with royalty and birth-privilege, pomp and circumstance, tradition, blah blah, is going nowhere and I am going to keep complaining about it.

9 hours ago, BacktoCricaddict said:

Descendants of Americans, who were subjugated by England and freed themselves, are now crying like they lost their own grandma.  

Forget crying, they are crying that their white world is crumbling in front of their eyes. Look at this Joker Carlson’s eulogy. Lamenting on the Sun setting on the greatest empire that ruled the world with decency. If you can make it to 5 mins, he says India should be grateful to Brits because it built the Mumbai train station and claims Indians have never built as beautiful as that! This is racism, not knowing the legacy of colonialism of what it did to humans in Africa and Asia.

5 hours ago, MultiB48 said:

National Anthem of Great Britain (God Save the Queen) Lyrics

God Save the King

God save our gracious King!
Long live our noble King!
God save the King!

Send him victorious,
Happy and glorious,
Long to reign over us:
God save the King!

O Lord our God arise,
Scatter his enemies,
And make them fall:
Confound their politics,
Frustrate their knavish tricks,
On Thee our hopes we fix:
God save us all.

Thy choicest gifts in store,
On him be pleased to pour;
Long may he reign:
May he defend our laws,
And ever give us cause,
To sing with heart and voice,
God save the King!

Is this the full version ?

Did they edit it out :hysterical:

That's some anthem they had :two_thumbs_up:

only the first two paragraphs are actually sung.... i must the 'confound their politics' line killed me  :hysterical:

On 9/8/2022 at 7:50 PM, Vickydev said:

Is she about to pop?

The Biggies are assembling in wee Scotland. The Ginger one and the hottie from Suits also on her way. The Royal Family pervs aren't too far away either. 

Seems like Greater Brittania is getting prepared for Her Majesty's final few hours. This is it..isnt it?

Will there be a National Mourning on the lines of Kim Jong il? 

More Importantly..Is the Premier League about to be Suspended?!:hitler:

She has been dead for a while. They have finally pulled the plug on the charade of her being alive. 

I think as somebody raised in the UK but deeply connected to India I can provide a balanced view. 

While she became regent post Indian independence she did not stop decolonising in her thoughts to the prime ministers. 

Ultimately like it or not a great many number of Indians are moving to the Uk. This economic crumbling is far fetched. The uk bounced back strongly from the 70s crisis and will do so again no doubt. India too has a bright economic decade ahead. The monarchy raises twice as much through tourism than what is spent on them. Its equivalent to the western press commemting on the indian space program. Both add value.

India is also wise to declare symbolic mourning. China is slowly moving in to the smaller commonwealth countries. India and Uk need a tactical alliance to stop this happening. 

On the whole india should welcome King Charles who is a known indophile. Has visited India 10 times to date in an official capacity.

On the whole, I dont get Indians being too sympathetic or too hostile to the monarchy. Its just an event where you pay your respects and move on.

20 hours ago, mishra said:

Arrested for being in possession of a Blank Paper and pen, because there was a risk that he may write something on top of it

Charles should take protest signs in his stride given the forgiveness the British public has shown towards the royal family despite their umpteen transgressions. He is a jerk who wouldn't let go of Camilla despite her being a married woman and he himself being married to Diana,who ended up as damaged goods and went on revenge affair sprees of her own.

On 9/10/2022 at 12:53 PM, G_B_ said:

I think as somebody raised in the UK but deeply connected to India I can provide a balanced view. 

While she became regent post Indian independence she did not stop decolonising in her thoughts to the prime ministers. 

Ultimately like it or not a great many number of Indians are moving to the Uk. This economic crumbling is far fetched. The uk bounced back strongly from the 70s crisis and will do so again no doubt. India too has a bright economic decade ahead. The monarchy raises twice as much through tourism than what is spent on them. Its equivalent to the western press commemting on the indian space program. Both add value.

India is also wise to declare symbolic mourning. China is slowly moving in to the smaller commonwealth countries. India and Uk need a tactical alliance to stop this happening. 

On the whole india should welcome King Charles who is a known indophile. Has visited India 10 times to date in an official capacity.

On the whole, I dont get Indians being too sympathetic or too hostile to the monarchy. Its just an event where you pay your respects and move on.

Just remember that Charles was best friends with Jimmy Saville and don't give me the 'he didn't know what Saville was doing' spiel. Everyone knew, especially the heir to the thrown who had access to the best intelligence from MI5.